Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remains would suggest he's been in that swamp all along, which in turn would suggest that he didn't flee with money, supplies, food etc to a comfy cabin in the woods somewhere c/o assistance from his parents.

The parents demeanor suggests they've known he was somewhere safe, not somewhere where he was potentially struggling to survive.

They've shown no panic, no grief, no devastation or worry. These would be natural reactions and emotions if your son was truly in a place where he'd be struggling to survive after a couple of days

I've always said if he IS in the swamp, he won't be found alive, but the very reactions of his parents (or lack thereof) have made me almost certain he's not in there.

MOO
that's what i think. or else they hold their emotions really close.

One came from someone who pulled over to the side of the road to call as the event was unfolding. The other was written at least an hour and a half later when the police went back to talk to a witness who had left a phone number
No that's not true. The second Officer spoke to Chris then heard on the radio that the ranger had pulled them over. He immediately went to the scene.

I fully understand eye witness reports can not always be relied upon.

Yes, the other account was not a call. It was a written statement made *after the stop*. We do not know if the statement was prompted with a neutral question, "tell us what happened," or if it was prompted by something more leading, like "did you see GP punch BL? Tell us the story from the beginning." There are reams and reams of papers on how much the question influences eyewitness accounts. A spontaneous contemporaneous report to 911 is by nature more reliable because it is not filtered through memory nor is it prompted by questions.

The questions matter a lot. See, for example, Elizabeth Loftus' famous studies about eyewitness accounts of an accident. If asked how fast the cars were going when they "collided" you get very different answers than if you ask how fast they were going when they "smashed into" one another.

Car Crash Experiment – Exploring Experiments

Ah, I thought there were two calls. I've read that several times here and in the MSM so thanks for the information.

Loftus's work is quite interesting. And question phrasing can make a difference. Question wording can change what an observer remembers seeing fairly dramatically. (Reconstructive memory) Perhaps the "after reporting" interview was flawed. But we don't even know if questions were worded neutrally when asked of the 911 caller either! Because men hit women more often than women hit men, a dispatcher might ask a leading question too.

And eyewitness accounts can be flawed for other reasons too such as pre-existing biases. Our biases can affect what we see as much as questions asked later can affect what we remember we saw. In this case, that means the officers had to look at evidence other than eyewitness reports. And GB said she hit BL. And he appeared to have some marks. I understand there are reasons GP may have lied to LE. But what can LE do? If she says BL did it (hit her), then BL did it. But if she says she did it, then BL must have actually done it because she's lying because he was abusing her? I don't see how LE can investigate any DV incident with that mindset.

I truly wish things had turned out differently. But I just don't see LE being at fault here.
JMO

I’m confused as to how the FBI wouldn’t already have DNA from the van & also the articles they took from the home previously? It might not be fair of me but I don’t ever believe what their lawyer says…
I think he tells half-truths. Leaves out anything unfavorable to his clients. Positive spin on everything. I guess we should expect that. JMO

Remains would suggest he's been in that swamp all along, which in turn would suggest that he didn't flee with money, supplies, food etc to a comfy cabin in the woods somewhere c/o assistance from his parents.

The parents demeanor suggests they've known he was somewhere safe, not somewhere where he was potentially struggling to survive.

They've shown no panic, no grief, no devastation or worry. These would be natural reactions and emotions if your son was truly in a place where he'd be struggling to survive after a couple of days.

I've always said if he IS in the swamp, he won't be found alive, but the very reactions of his parents (or lack thereof) have made me almost certain he's not in there.

MOO

I agree, but who knows what's going on in their heads. They never acted worried about Gabby either.

This is somewhat interesting.

Florida cowboy says 'no surviving' swamp where police are searching for Brian Laundrie

"Since Laundrie reportedly entered the park nearly two weeks ago, torrential rainfall has left the area flooded with waist-deep water, leaving the parking lot where Laundrie is said to have left his car unrecognizable.

"Unless he’s got a butt like a duck and can float, he’s not in there," McEwen said as he gave Fox News Digital a tour of the submerged area in his swamp buggy."

Gabby Petito case: Florida cowboy says 'no surviving' swamp where police are searching for Brian Laundrie

We have heard about the alligators and snakes, but these 2 sites also reveal coyotes and bobcats. During the flood season I would guess these animals flee for dry ground but still, I can't imagine anyone living in there and surviving.

Unless you're between the ages of 1 and 4 a coyote isn't a problem, and bobcat attacks are super rare.

Sara Ballou on Twitter
BREAKING:@mikerreports
reveals that Moab dispatcher disclosed to police that #BrianLaundrie hit #GabbyPetito before they arrived on scene. “The officers involved will likely face disciplinary action,” said Utah attorney Brett Tolman.
3:40 PM · Sep 26, 2021 from North Port, FL·Twitter for iPhone

He’s quoting from this article. The part about that body cam that haunts me the most (besides the flip-flop of the aggressor) is when GP is asked why she’s crying, told there’s no reason to be crying, and that she’d come out as the golden flower on top. And now that we know for sure the dispatch was done correctly, this patronizing interaction is even more tragic imo. I sincerely hope this review leads to better training for LE. Imo
Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female | Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aab1964