Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sara Ballou on Twitter
BREAKING:@mikerreports
reveals that Moab dispatcher disclosed to police that #BrianLaundrie hit #GabbyPetito before they arrived on scene. “The officers involved will likely face disciplinary action,” said Utah attorney Brett Tolman.
3:40 PM · Sep 26, 2021 from North Port, FL·Twitter for iPhone
Linking the Fox article mentioned in the tweet.

Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female
"RP (reporting party) states seeing a male hit a female, domestic," the dispatcher states at around 4:38 p.m. MT on the day of the incident. "He got into a white Ford Transit van, has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate."

The dispatch audio, first obtained by the investigative unit at FOX 13 Utah, shows the dispatcher did in fact inform the officers of allegations that Laundrie had been he aggressor – shedding new light on a situation that initially seemed like police didn't know about the witness' claims.

ETA - Listen for dispatch recording.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34"]WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34[/URL]

her last pic was a Halloween pic right? Their trip was supposed to end around Halloween. Maybe that was her way of saying this trip is over for me, I am finished with it.

very solid thought. I would imagine living with someone controlling and abusive doesn’t allow for many open lines of communication. Maybe it was her indirect way of saying this to BL. Or maybe even hint it so that he would take the message and clean his act up.

Pure speculation here but something that occurred to me was if the parents helped him hide, they may have had some kind of prearrangement to get in contact somehow down the line for more money, supplies etc. They may have had some confidence this would work since BL took off without being seen. I wonder if now that it’s being made known to them they are being watched every minute, they would not be able to follow through on those plans & perhaps could be realizing the jig is up. Maybe they actually are assisting LE all of a sudden because he’s out there without needed supplies, & they are maybe worried for the first time.

MOO & pure speculation!

Help me out here please - the officers made some sort of comment before they approached the window about what they do could be criticized (or something to that extent), right?

Maybe. I'm surprised they didn't already have the DNA! They also might want to make a match to any samples from Gabby's body to prove (or disprove) she didn't have sex with someone else/wasn't raped by a stranger, etc. I'm not suggesting she was raped, but since they were in a relationship it is logical there could have been evidence of sexual activity and they would need to make sure the defense can't say it was someone else other than Brian.
BBM
I wonder this too, @TTF14. If it is possible for forensics to process a rape kit on a partially decomposed body, I would think LE would need a DNA sample from BL to match or exclude BL from any findings (e.g. if GP was raped and killed by a stranger). Does anyone know if a rape kit would have been possible on GP's remains?

Pure speculation here but something that occurred to me was if the parents helped him hide, they may have had some kind of prearrangement to get in contact somehow down the line for more money, supplies etc. They may have had some confidence this would work since BL took off without being seen. I wonder if now it’s being made known to them they are being watched every minute, they would not be able to follow through on those plans & perhaps could be realizing the jig is up.

MOO & pure speculation!
I think they were banking on her remains NEVER being found. They thought they had all of the time in the world.

I've given up reading the 500 posts made when I blinked, but I suspect we're all repeating stuff that's already been said.

I don't see Brian killing himself, voluntarily. He may choose death by cop, or kill himself as the net closes in, but is he didn't feel suicide was an option when he allegedly murdered Gabby and dumped her body, then I think he wants to live.

I'm interested in what his longterm plan is.

He had 3 weeks to decide what to do next. 3 weeks with parents who appear to be willing to cover his back and lie to LE and the FBI.

Neighbours saw the Laundries packing up a camper which they then disappeared with for 2 days. Noticeably, they haven't mentioned seeing Brian, there's just an assumption that he went with them.

I'm not sure he made it home. He could have been met by his parents en route and his parents then took the van.

We know the Laundries have extremely questionable behaviour, so maybe they though a weekend away would be a nice break, but I still think it was potentially for two reasons:

1) To dispose of evidence
2) To prepare for Brian's disappearance.

Gabby's family had by then contacted both Brian and his parents about the well-being and whereabouts of Gabby. The Laundries must have realised that LE could visit them regarding this at any time.

He may have still had some clothing that potentially had Gabby's blood on them. There could have been an item used in Gabby's murder. If they got rid of these things close to home, they may have been found, but items disposed of 500 miles away would be very unlikely to have been connected with Brian and Gabby.

I have no idea where they went, but potentially they could have even bought a cheap car or van from Craigslist for Brian. They could have left food/money/disguises/clothing/a burner phone at various places along a pre-determined route. They could even have booked an Airbnb, hostel or campsites at various places ahead of time.

Remember how that photo of someone who looked like Brian in Florida was dismissed most people solely because the man in the photo had a tattooed arm? All he needs is some temporary tattoos and he grow a beard and he could look very different.

I think it's very likely the camper van left the Laundries home packed with camping equipment and came home empty.

Brian's freedom depends on being unseen, but ultimately this level of press and LE interest won't last forever. If he can lay low for a while and he is somewhere that isn't the swamp, he could be on the run for years.

The issue will be with money. I'm assuming camping out in most of the US in the winter is essentially a death sentence even in a van so he'll need to be somewhere warm to survive the winter or to rent accommodation.

His family aren't going to be able to send him money for an undetermined amount of time, as obviously LE will be watching them. Can they even afford to financially support him long term?

LE will be all over their finances, so will be able to see if they've recently withdrawn a lot of money.

Could there be a friend or extended family member who is helping him. If he's camping, he won't need huge amounts of money which can be transferred in a variety of ways.

The big questions are whether he's planning to go off grid until this calms down, or for ever and is he capable of doing this long term? I think it could be yes for both, assuming he can stay safe and well.
<modsnip - removed image due to no url link to source>

Even more interesting in the last 30 or so minutes!

Pilot here again. The first repetitive circle was at 1,500 feet (perhaps something much more interesting here… e.g. the intended target of the flight). The later loops were at 3,000 feet (quite a bit high for visual observation… e.g. let’s look around here a bit with a wider view.)

Not necessarily. In many cases, the female will bail her abuser out of jail. They have a honeymoon period before the violence starts again. A sad and tragic cycle. That said, we'll never know.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Also a good point, but there's a piece of me here that's of the opinion that if she were to do that, he'd be afraid to do anything further since he had already been brought in. OR alternately, she would have just said nope, I'm done. JMO

I think they were banking on her remains NEVER being found. They thought they had all of the time in the world.

So true. It’s mind blowing to think that if people hadn’t found their footage of the van, the FBI would literally be searching multiple parks in multiple states. Including “Yosemite.”

Last edited:
Ted Bundy escaped from jail and made his way from Wyoming?/Colorado? with only the clothes on his back and his thumb. He managed to stay ahead of the police for 3 weeks all the while out in the open and still murdering girls.

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact> Granted it's nearly 2 weeks on this coming Tuesday since he supposedly left his parent's house to go hiking.

My point is running places, going to into hiding or even living in plain site doesn't guarantee capture. Hopefully BL will be captured sooner rather than later with advances in technology.

It's harder today to commit crimes that will keep someone flush with necessities (food/water/clothing). If he is alive he is going to slip up very soon and when he does I hope he is brought down quickly without anyone getting hurt or killed.

IMO his parent's haven't had contact with him since the FBI raided their home, the FBI is watching their every move and monitoring every conversation in their home and phone call they are making

I think that LE has characterized BL as "dangerous". Have they said whether he was armed? The public should know, if he is.

Linking the Fox article mentioned in the tweet.

Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female
"RP (reporting party) states seeing a male hit a female, domestic," the dispatcher states at around 4:38 p.m. MT on the day of the incident. "He got into a white Ford Transit van, has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate."

The dispatch audio, first obtained by the investigative unit at FOX 13 Utah, shows the dispatcher did in fact inform the officers of allegations that Laundrie had been he aggressor – shedding new light on a situation that initially seemed like police didn't know about the witness' claims.

ETA - Listen for dispatch recording.
Notable quote from the article that wasn't posted by me. BBM

The officers involved will likely face disciplinary action, said Utah attorney Brett Tolman, a former U.S. Attorney for the District of Utah.

"I think they will find that they sort of manipulated the situation to not take someone into custody," he told Fox News on Sunday. "I think the fact that they had another eyewitness that is not involved in it, and is objective, and said ‘he hit her’ … you're going to have a majority of officers take him into custody."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth