Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking too. He at least had to go back in to get some kind of supplies so I would imagine, there is trace evidence in there even if he tried to clean it up. That leads into a whole other stream of questions regarding his timeline after and will show how calculated he was. Did he get the van washed? Scrub the inside, etc.? What lengths he went to cover up beyond the alibi 'hiking'.
bbm
He doesn't know how to clean up! He may have tried to do some obvious things -- throw away his clothes if he got bloody (maybe), and wipe the floor (maybe) for bloody footprints, but beyond that, no, IMO.
It's possible there was more clean-up when BL got home...
Hoping the clean-up was as lazy as he was with everything else he, IMO, did.

Could Brian be hiding out in a community that has no access to TV/Internet and therefore people don’t know to look out for him? Like an off-the-grid naturalist community, a homeless encampment, an Amish community, or a cult. A reach, I know. Probably a dumb thought but just to put it out there that maybe he actually is surrounded by people helping him (hiring him to work on a farm, helping him with learning to disconnect from society, etc) without any idea they’re helping a fugitive.

They need BL's DNA profile for comparison. It can be used for identification purposes or to compare to crime scene DNA, or any evidence that may link him to the homicide. Imo
Wouldn’t they have known they would be needing that when they advanced on the home, set up shop and carried out numerous bags and containers?
I’m thinking this is something else.

I too believe she was killed on August 27th after the restaurant scene he created. I would be interested to know who was paying the bill for him to go off so seriously? Is it possible Gabby was footing most of this trip and this particular bill, she asked BL to pay before the check arrived and he lost his marbles? imo I believe Gabby was supporting this trip so it would have been a treat for BL to offer to pay, if it wasn't his money, he probably wouldn't have cared what the cost was.

I think this incident was the straw that broke the camels back for BL and Gabby was no longer alive within hours of that. Still so sad to me that it had to cost her her life.

Highly likely they were pooling their money and resources. He did work. But it looked like she was the one with the card, registered vehicle, cellphone. But as they were living together, considered themselves a couple snd were so considered by friends and family, and this trip is very much acknowledged as a joint venture, I’d say it was their joint resources until she died.
MOO, it boils down to the astonishing lack of help, cooperation and relief denied Gabby's desperate parents by BL's parents.

Astonishing is an understatement. Most of us have been shocked by their lack of human dignity they offered to Schmidts and Petitos...

To this day they still are inflicting pain....
What can they do now to make things better? You really things will improve if they spoke out? MOO, I don’t. They, but really Brian Laundrie had pivotal moments when they could have done the right thing. But even so, he’d be in a lot of trouble. Her parents would want to kill him and inflict as much damage as possible if he had called LE and told them that he and Gabby had a fight and he accidentally killed her which is very likely what happened. Her father was very clear how he felt about his daughter , and so so most of us about our children. Bear in mind, Father also outright said that he was fine with Gabby being with BL. No red flags at all to him until..,,

Brian Entin from News Nation was streaming from outside the Laundrie home last week with a former FBI Agent. He contacted her to ask about the DNA the FBI wanted from the parents & she said her first guess would be for the autopsy, ie if DNA was found under Gabby's fingernails.
Another example could be his blood mixed with hers found on the body, a piece of clothing or shoes. It might be hard to find DNA under the nails since the body was there for so long. It would be great if they did manage to get a sample. Imo

I haven't read every post here today but I saw the video with the ex-CIA agent saying BL might be on the Appalachian Trail. The whole thing strikes me as funny, actually, becauseI live in Tennessee close to the Trail and while most of it is "remote" in the sense that you can't drive right up to parts of it, it also crosses Great Smoky Mountains National Park, one of the busiest parks in the nation ESPECIALLY in the fall when the colors change and the weather is cooler. There is also the Cherohala Skyway between TN and NC that many people visit. Traffic jams in the mountains are not unusual in the fall.

So BL may have miscalculated if he is on the Appalachian Trail or hiding out anywhere in the mountains of Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. The crowds will be there soon: day hikers, autumn leaf watchers, migratory bird watchers, hunters, fishermen, tourists visiting apple orchards - you name it. Plus Dog the Bounty Hunter - you can't make this up!

Add Virginia to the list. The AT and most national parks in the south are busy this time of year. The leaves changing, cooler humidity, fall festivals, and the BRP service has daily demonstrations. Traffic backs up, overlooks are full, and most all camping and picnic spots are reserved.

Peak season brings out a heavy presence of park rangers, ATF, and at times Federal Marshals. Given this is a national high profile case, I feel "they" are on the look out for BL.

Moo....

If BL had time to really think through his escape prior to returning to FL, maybe he retrieved supplies using the $1000+ and stashed it in different places on his route home from FL. Then went home in hopes he could maintain a sense of normalcy, or as a last goodbye to his parents, and when things heated up he left and is traveling along his route picking up his stashed items along the way and hiding out. They had traveled so extensively and researched campsites so extensively for their trip that it’s possible he knows free of charge remote camping areas all over the country, can just hide in his tent and move at night to the next spot, picking up supplies as he goes, until he reaches a final destination or an abandoned property. Could even be entering really small rural general stores that are so far away from FL that the cashiers don’t think twice to assume it’s him, or aren’t following this story closely and don’t really think about it, especially if he has changed his appearance or is masked up in any way. Even could be ubering using visa gift cards bought with cash, with a mask and in small towns where people don’t recognize him. Imagine if he’s more “out and about” than we even realize but he’s in a place that would be so bizarre for him to be that people in that area just dont put it together or know to look out for him. If that’s the case, it’ll come out soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: v0x
Let me start by saying I am not a seasoned hiker, and I don't like to camp but I did some research re the AT. I live in NH and have been on part of the AT trail... and I know the terrain in the northern part of the trails (NH/ME) are considered the hardest parts.

According to my "research" on average, if you start in the South and work North, you could do 12-16 miles a day (and assuming this is for a hiker that is not on the run from anything). So lets say he has been on the trail since the 10th - he could be roughly 272 miles into the trail so likely in the Tennessee/NC area by now.

I will end by saying I was never any good at those math word problems (if a train departs station A @ ....) so this is JMO. :)

If he is in the Appalachian mountains, I doubt he is on the AT. Although the season is winding down, there are SOBOs (South Bound hikers) that are working their way though TN/NC/GA mountains. The hikers are being alerted to the possibility that he is in the mountains.

Highly likely they were pooling their money and resources. He did work. But it looked like she was the one with the card, registered vehicle, cellphone. But as they were living together, considered themselves a couple snd were so considered by friends and family, and this trip is very much acknowledged as a joint venture, I’d say it was their joint resources until she died.
Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

The friend Rose Davis says GP was working 50 hours a week at Taco Bell before the trip and that BL disapproved. Previously BL and GP worked at a Publix but stopped at the start of the pandemic.

IMO she had money saved up from Taco Bell.

But you can live in southern Belize (where most Mayans are), speak English, eat well, leave cheap and all under the guise as a missionary. Most real missionaries show up in the summer but few make it that far south. Pretty easy cover without much interaction with the outside world.
Maybe so. But there are newspapers there, too. And other American travelers will be looking for him. I would think the entire missionary community would have their eyes open for him.

“No buzzards, no body is my theory. And I haven’t seen any buzzards flying.”
Brian Laundrie search to be more targeted as rancher says he's NOT in swamp

Snipped for focus
and MOO of course

I cringe, every time I read something like this. For whatever reasons, scavenger birds aren’t very useful in locating dead bodies.

For one thing, the vultures might not be present in the right area at the right time. Or the watcher might not be present at the right time.

For another, scavenger birds can sometimes work very fast. There’s a notorious case where someone was seen falling to her death, and vultures stripped her to her bones in less than an hour. Why Vultures Devoured Hiker's Body in Minutes
So, that wouldn’t be much of a window of opportunity for someone to notice anything.

(Hannah Graham is the only case I’m aware of where vulture activity may have helped searchers. I’m sure there’s many others, but I think it’s a tiny percentage of the cases where missing people are eventually found above ground. So, ‘no buzzards, no body’ just has no validity—in my opinion

MOO

Last edited:
We do not know what his major complaint was with the restaurant....we really don't know if they ate anything. He could have been bitching about the menu or the prices or not having what he wanted or who knows!! Just wanted to create a scene, and humiliated Gabby- who probably wanted to go to that restaurant because of great reviews- jmo ETA... we don't know if they were asked to leave, either. Maybe they were arguing at their table and were invited to leave....???

Last edited:
I wouldn't use "regular dude" to describe anything about BL. I think he greatly embellished everything he said or did and that Gabby was his ticket to popularity in high school. The very real tragedy is that Gabby couldn't see the very deep flaws in his personality.

What exactly is an influencer? I had never heard of "van life" until this case which I'm sure is a reflection of my age and generation. What I do find surprising is at the age of 23 BL was still living at home and both he and Gabby were working at menial jobs. That isn't an attractive lifestyle yet living out of a tiny converted van for months without running water is attractive?

I can see the appeal of van life. I did it in the 70's. I quit my bank job to go live with my surfer boyfriend in his VW van for two months. We hit all the beaches in California. I loved it. I caught so much flak from my family. I wouldn't trade that experience in the world. But it is definitely not for everyone.

I think Brian runs when he's stressed. Based on his past actions of separating from Gabby when they were fighting - see comments from friends, sister, police. We know he has anxiety to the point he was prescribed medication. And that he refuses to take it.

I think they fought. He took off as he usually does and she ran after him. Gabby had a fear of being left. Things escalated and he killed her. Then he ran to Colter Bay. Got a ride back. Ran home. And now is still running.
He ran home twice that we know of. No telling how many other times he might have flown home for this or that.
He depends on his parents more than most young men of that age.
Personally I think they are enablers but who knows.
With that he might just return and be caught at his own home. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members