Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer to WS, but have been following this discussion.

I sincerely hope that FBI/LEO believe BL is in the swamp, and that’s why they are focusing on it. Sadly, I do not believe they’re looking for a person, but a body. JMO.

I do know cadaver dogs can search from boats/locate a body under water, and I assume that dogs have been used.

I am also hoping LEO really followed up on the camping trip the BL family took once he returned without Gabby. I can’t imagine they didn’t pursue that, but I don’t think we’ve heard a single definitive word about when or where they went. Curiouser and curiouser….

Hello everyone. First post on WS. I have been trying to keep up with all the threads, posts and news.

I'm wondering what are you thoughts about what's BL goal with this in case he's still alive. Basically, what could possibly be his plan? To be on the run for the rest of his life? As far as some people that know him, he can hide for some time, but forever is a different story. It just requires money, skills and a personality that I don't know if it's in him. Is he hiding out while the lawyer prepare some kind of defense?

In my opinion, being on the run, showing up without GP to his parents house, and his parents not answering GP texts/calls (as far as I know this is the case) just reads guilty all over or at least highly suspicious if I'm being kind. He could say that he was scared because he was going to be automatically targeted a suspect for the death of GP but that's very flaky.

The fact that they keep searching around the same area (even if the FBI is going to lead the search now), and not - at least not publicly - elsewhere makes me wonder if either they don't have any leads that he could be anywhere else and this is just "the most likely place he could be" or they have leads that point to this area. I understand it's not a small area but he's just one guy that's on the run and doesn't have "on the run experience" (even if he has hiking experience).

MOO, BL does not think well or much. To just take off with his SO’s van, someone he was engaged to marry, who lived with him for two years, someone whom he knew for many years, loved, went on this grand venture for whatever reason doesn’t show much good thinking.

He simply wanted to put off inevitable consequences of what happened or what he did, and he did even more to get him snd his parents into this deeper.

Possible he went off on a hike as that seems to be a favored activity, in Carton Reserve as he allegedly told parents and is dead.

Possible a friend picked him up there and he’s hiding out …anywhere.

Possible his parents hid him somewhere.

Very much MOO, I don’t believe parents hid him. I believe they told LE truth that he said he was going to Reserve and that’s all they know.

On the southern end most of the "stores" off the trail are small county/ convenience, locally owned grocery and even the chains are run by locals. Everybody knows everybody and all strangers are quickly noticed. Many times locals will ask, "where ya from?" We ain't known for being shy in the south, nosey yes, shy no. :)

Moo...
Haha. Can confirm, having lived on the north end, it's the same.
Edited to remove previous post still attached to this.

Just wanted to say I still can't find it. I suspect it might have been deleted as something unofficial. If I happen to find it, I'll put it where I said, but I don't think I will, so just letting you know.

Hmm… I would think LE doc would be allowed. And it was followed by some of the redacted incident reports.

Thanks for the work. If I get a chance, I’ll try to look

#MomentsAgo Protestors outside #BrianLaundrie’s Family home demanding Laundrie’s parents to “come out and face the music.” Go on to ask “when are you going to come out and give us answers?” A federal arrest warrant was issued for Laundrie on Wednesday. #GabbyPetito
@Fox4Now
https://twitter.com/CalvinLewisTV/status/1442514974845374471
Search for Brian Laundrie: Live updates in Gabby Petito case

Freedom of speech should be defended and, in some cases, protests are a valid way to effort change.

However, in this case, I see these folks taking this opportunity to feel superior to others.

Send well wishes to Gabby's family and friends.

Be a positive in this world.

My thoughts/speculations (for today... I change my mind on it pretty frequently) on where BL might be:

Knowing what we do now about the Laundries' weekend trip, I think that the only way he'd be hunkered down anywhere near North Port is if he was relying on help from family and wanted to be in the area so they could continue providing that help. A few possible scenarios, in order of what I think is most likely. (MOO)
  • Squatting - He's hiding out in a rental property or a vacant property that his parents--with their real estate connections--arranged, probably somewhere within a few hours of North Port, but not so close that it'd raise suspicions. He (or a family member) is using some sort of PayPal-type account (not connected to a bank or known email address) to pay for food delivery to the location.

• Carlton Reserve - If he was there, I think it would only have been with the help of food and supply drops from his family. With such a sharp eye on family members, though, I think this would be a lot more difficult to keep up than they would have originally anticipated, and if he was there initially, I think he's now either dead or long gone.

• Mexico - I could see this being possible if his parents drove him over the border during their camping trip, but only if he had some basic Spanish skills and some work/labor skills that he could rely on to make some money under-the-table, because I don't think this plan would have involved any continued help from family.

• Bahamas/Caribbean - Same as above, but riskier because you can't just drive to the Bahamas, so he'd have to take a flight or a boat. I don't think they'd risk leaving a potential trail like that.

• Appalachian Trail - There's a big difference between "surviving alone" on a trail for a few months vs. "hiding out" on a trail while trying to avoid being recognized, and with this being such a popular route, particularly in the fall, I think we would have heard about suspicious encounters with people matching his description by now.
ALL MOO.
I pick number 1 squatting, there also was a sighting in Bartow , Ga. not sure what became of it, but there is a Commune there called "Foundation for Intentional Community" there they have everything off the grid, you can bring a small trailer or tent , their land underdeveloped... all they ask is that you help keep the food source going, working the garden, or fields .... just thought I would share as it would be a perfect cover as they say they are completely off the grid.

So do the news crews just knock on the door and ask if it's OK to set up chairs/awnings/umbrellas on the front yard for awhile?
In most states the first 10 or so feet of your yard abutting a roadway is public property (depending on the width of the road), that's why people can typically park on the road in front of your home and not be considered "trespassing". And no, most news crews don't knock and ask. To ask is to be denied. They just set up and then wait to ask to be removed.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom leaving a dead girl to rot in the wilderness, ripping back to the family nest, then calmly mowing Dad's lawn. Talk about off your chain. Its inexplicable.

When I read that account of BL's actions after returning, I did have a thought about what could be happenings, he could have been blocking out what happened as many are capable of during a traumatic event and whether he did it or not, wanted to do it or not, it would still possibly be just traumatic enough that he went on auto pilot and drove home as though everything was okay. Maybe his parents did press him for info and realized something was terribly wrong and convinced him to run and now here we are and this is why they aren't saying anything. They may not know what happened other than GP has been confirmed deceased by homicide, their son was acting very odd and could not explain where she was and they reacted. This is all just a theory based on things I have seen where people commit these acts and then mentally break; regardless GP's parents should have been responded to during all of their attempts, like so many others here have already stated, GP was part of their family.

That's a stretch, in my opinion. One, he's a fugitive and will take whatever he can get that's quick and cheap, and two, he's a poser. He may have professed against the evils of single-use plastic bottles when he was putting on a show for the police, but it was just that, a show. We're not going to catch him by staking out Whole Foods.
I believe him. From his statements on SM he seems to condemn society and materialism. I think he's a non- conformist, socially awkward and a loner.

The North Port Police Department responded to a 911 call from Laundrie's family on Saturday, reporting that Chapman was on the property of their North Port home, police department spokesman Josh Taylor said.

The reality TV star, who has joined the search to find Laundrie, the fiancée of slain Gabby Petito, was seen knocking on the door of the Laundrie family home on Saturday.

"It's a shame they wouldn't speak with us," Chapman told Fox News on Monday. "The police said we were welcome to knock on the door so we did. I wanted to tell the Laundrie's that our goal is to find Brian and bring him in alive."
Brian Laundrie's family called the police after Dog the Bounty Hunter showed up on their property
This is ridiculous to me. Why would they call 911 because someone knocks on the door? First thought when I read this was they are sure quick to call 911 about meaningless things but they couldn't be bothered to call worried about Gabby or respond to her parents. Really annoying behavior.. JMO

Hello everyone. First post on WS. I have been trying to keep up with all the threads, posts and news.

I'm wondering what are you thoughts about what's BL goal with this in case he's still alive. Basically, what could possibly be his plan? To be on the run for the rest of his life? As far as some people that know him, he can hide for some time, but forever is a different story. It just requires money, skills and a personality that I don't know if it's in him. Is he hiding out while the lawyer prepare some kind of defense?

In my opinion, being on the run, showing up without GP to his parents house, and his parents not answering GP texts/calls (as far as I know this is the case) just reads guilty all over or at least highly suspicious if I'm being kind. He could say that he was scared because he was going to be automatically targeted a suspect for the death of GP but that's very flaky.

The fact that they keep searching around the same area (even if the FBI is going to lead the search now), and not - at least not publicly - elsewhere makes me wonder if either they don't have any leads that he could be anywhere else and this is just "the most likely place he could be" or they have leads that point to this area. I understand it's not a small area but he's just one guy that's on the run and doesn't have "on the run experience" (even if he has hiking experience).

Good post and welcome to WS!

I go back and forth between thinking he's dead or hiding.

For his parents to have behaved in the manner they did -- I think BL must have told them right off the bat that he killed her--accidentally--but given the Moab stop by LE, that he feared he would be charged with murder.

I can't seem them lawyering-up unless they knew he actually killed her. At that point, I think their lawyer called the shots--at least most of them--including telling them not to talk to anyone.

I imagine this is every bit as heart-wrenching for his parents as it is for hers. Maybe more so for his seeing as though they have no support network, while the Petitos and Schmidts have the entire nation supporting them. Both families' lives have forever changed for the worst.

No one could have predicted how this case would explode in the media, which makes it that much more unlikely for BL to slip under the radar no matter where he goes--if he's still alive.

But, for his parents to turn over items with his DNA so quickly yesterday, I'm leaning toward the idea that they're worried he's dead. Otherwise, why would they so easily hand over his DNA? I mean, that sounds counterproductive if they're part of a scheme to hide him.

One more thought -- I wonder how long this will last. The public's attention is quite short, although I'm sure this forum here on WS will continue, but at the point where the story is no longer all that sensational, mainstream media outlets will back off and that will allow the story to fade in the minds of many. Is BL waiting for that?

Or, is he just dead?

These fanatics are a public nuisance they need to get a life and stop annoying the local residents. Please, let LE do their job and stop being a distraction.

Could it be more to put pressure on his parents, although I don't know if this kind of pressure is effective.

I'm thinking the day the FBI is at your door to search your home is a lot of pressure and you know it's going to be a really bad day for you and your family. jmo of course.

A lot of Floridians own houses in the North Carolina mountains. They move north around May, and tend to move back to Florida around early September of so. Many of these are in communities so they wouldn't be good hide-outs, but many are more isolated. If BL knew of a family that had recently moved back to Florida, he could have gone to their home without permission. Or he may have just stumbled on an unused cabin.

Even if he doesn't stay in one of these homes, he could easily break in and steal nonperishable foods left behind.

Most of these people with two homes do return to the mountains for the autumn colors and should be returning temporarily in a few weeks.

It makes no sense for him to be aimlessly walking along the Appalachian Trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz