Australia - Phoebe Handsjuk, 24, found dead in Melbourne apt building, 2 Dec 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Bo. I will be watching. It looks like they are going to try to reconstruct how Phoebe 'climbed' into the trash chute ... and it doesn't look like they are being very successful at it.

I’m not surprised that they weren’t successful at it, and that’s someone who is not under the influence of alcohol or stillnox. I’m glad this is being reinvestigated, there’s too many questions and the same with Baillees death.

Thanks, Bo. I will be watching. It looks like they are going to try to reconstruct how Phoebe 'climbed' into the trash chute ... and it doesn't look like they are being very successful at it.

I’m not surprised that they weren’t successful at it, and that’s someone who is not under the influence of alcohol or stillnox. I’m glad this is being reinvestigated, there’s too many questions and the same with Baillees death.

Did you catch the bit (in the program) about the end of the Coronial Report where Antony Hampel's lawyers had a bit added to say that Hampel could never be looked at/prosecuted for Phoebe's death?

I think Phoebe's family are stuck between a rock and a hard place. This all seems like a great injustice, to me. Not even a fair investigation was done.

I also think it was unfortunate that the show couldn't introduce some of the video shots we saw much earlier about the way he was treating Phoebe. The only thing they managed to slip in was his 28 successive calls he made to her phone. And the fact that Phoebe left him 4 times in her last six weeks of life.
I imagine that was due to legalities ... perhaps fear/threats of a lawsuit (which would be probable imo).

Last edited:
Did you catch the bit (in the program) about the end of the Coronial Report where Antony Hampel's lawyers had a bit added to say that Hampel could never be looked at/prosecuted for Phoebe's death?

I think Phoebe's family are stuck between a rock and a hard place. This all seems like a great injustice, to me. Not even a fair investigation was done.

I also think it was unfortunate that the show couldn't introduce some of the video shots we saw much earlier about the way he was treating Phoebe. The only thing they managed to slip in was his 28 successive calls he made to her phone. And the fact that Phoebe left him 4 times in her last six weeks of life.
I imagine that was due to legalities ... perhaps fear/threats of a lawsuit (which would be probable imo).

No I missed that part, it’s a huge injustice. It’s disgusting the lack of investigation done, quite simply it appears that someone with contacts in high places was able to make ut all go away. I wonder if her family are able to take any civil action over it all.

There is a website for Phoebe .... it explains a lot of what was mentioned in the show, about the inquest. Interestingly, the link they give for access to the full documentation of the Coronial Report now goes to "404 not found".

And when I do a search for the document on the Coroners Court of Victoria website, for her inquest report, it comes up with no match. Has the Coronial Report been removed/suppressed?

Phoebe Handsjuk — May 9, 1986 – December 2, 2010. What happened?

https://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.a...s+-+inquest+into+the+death+of+phoebe+handsjuk

There is a website for Phoebe .... it explains a lot of what was mentioned in the show, about the inquest. Interestingly, the link they give for access to the full documentation of the Coronial Report now goes to "404 not found".

And when I do a search for the document on the Coroners Court of Victoria website, for her inquest report, it comes up with no match. Has the Coronial Report been removed/suppressed?

https://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.a...s+-+inquest+into+the+death+of+phoebe+handsjuk

reading there the lack of investigation and the assumptions made by the coroner are mind blowing.

How curious that the report isn’t there. It sounds like it really needs another coroner to do a new report

I can see it here... Is this the one?
Findings | Coroners Court of Victoria

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kjms8485