Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 6AEB5E77-510D-49F3-ACC9-73AB79FA22EA.jpeg
    6AEB5E77-510D-49F3-ACC9-73AB79FA22EA.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 18
Exactly. It's very much down to clever semantics in my opinion. It's not always what they say, it's what they specifically DON'T say that can be key.

MOO

That's true. But if the parents don't really know anything, their omissions aren't meaningful.

For example, if someone accuses me of beating my child and I didn't do it and never would, I might quickly and indignantly reply, "Of course I didn't beat her." I'd think I answered in an honest straightforward manner. But someone who thinks I'm guilty may think '"Ah ha! She didn't deny slapping her child! And she didn't say she'd never hit her child. And she didn't say she never would slap, hit, or beat her child! All those omissions are meaningful. She's a child abuser!"

So while parsing the parents' words/their attorney's words may be useful, that may lead to false conclusions too.

JMO

ive thought long and hard about the Desoto camping trip and while im still not sure that thats where BL is hiding or even tried to hide i do think that that would be a great place to do away with evidence, like Gabby's cell phone and stuff, how easy to just jump in a canoe and drop a cell phone in the water while your rowing along, i just hope they question someone that saw BL on that trip and they can say weather he had scratches on his face or any defensive marks.

I recall back in thread ‘who knows what one’ when the Laundries had their home searched, it was mentioned a few times that the camper wasn’t searched. With what we know now, could it be this was intentional of LE? Perhaps to make the Laundries feel like they were more steps ahead than they are? Just doesn’t quite seem to add up, like a lot of this case! MOO

my thing is.. do they really think he’s gonna be out walking around in daylight? I highly doubt it. They need to be out there at night.

stock footage for the morning news i guess until they have somewhere else to go

You are correct, many people have claimed to have thru hiked the entire trail, but it's not as many as people think.
30% of Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers Finish. Here's How. - AppalachianTrail.com
IMHO it's probably even lower then 30%.

I saw reported just over 1,000 completed this year with a little more to come. I don't remember the number of registered starts but the 33% completion sounds a little high but within reason.

It is no small task but it is not unsupported survival either.

I've watched much of the Moab video, but not all. Did LE search the van?

Not in the body am footage we saw. Female Ranger did go in the front of the van to get Gabbys wallet for her, but that footage won't be released. Male ranger helped Brian get his gear together but I am not sure if he was wearing bodycam like the female ranger.

I wouldn't think they would have probable cause to search the van (without a warrant)? Unless there was a strong (illegal) smell coming from the van, or some other very specific reason to search it.
I do not recall seeing them do so, but as the bodycams were switching from officer to officer, it may have been one LE officer searching whilst we were seeing the bodycam footage of another officer talking to Gabby in the back of the police car.

MOO
Thank you both. I didn't think they likely searched the van.

Something about that bodycam video keeps nagging at me. The LE officer asks BL if he takes any medication because he's acting nervous. BL explains it's from flashing lights and being pulled over. I'm not bringing this up to debate LE's handling of the situation, I'm mentioning it because LE pulls people over for all kinds of reasons, every day, and I'm sure are used to seeing people, even innocent people, nervous. What made the officer point it out about BL that day?

Was BL nervous because he knew LE was going to find out about his and GP's altercation? Was he nervous because there was something inside the van he didn't want LE to find? Was he nervous because he was on something? Is he ultra paranoid about LE but able to stay relatively calm despite? Just random thoughts that keep bugging me.

I do not recall seeing them do so, but as the bodycams were switching from officer to officer, it may have been one LE officer searching whilst we were seeing the bodycam footage of another officer talking to Gabby in the back of the police car.

MOO

I was under the impression the entirety of the body cam footage released was from the camera Officer Robbins was wearing the entire time.

Is there another video out there for public viewing?

If they are lying to the lawyer, he doesn't know it...he is just repeating what they tell him. jmo

Spot on. Bertolino is merely an agent for Mr & Mrs Laundrie. Unless he personally joined the Laundrie family on this curious little trip to Fort De Soto then all he is able to say - and what he actually SHOULD have prefaced his comments with - is "I am instructed by my clients, Mr & Mrs Laundrie, that ...".

No one on site appears to have seen BL during this camping trip and if they did, they don't remember. And why would they? BL had no public profile at that time & he is not exactly 'memorable' to look at otherwise. I imagine however that if he was with his parents at Fort De Soto, he probably did not play frisbee & frolic around the campsite. One might expect that he probably spent most/all of that time inside the camper locked in a state of panic and wondering whether this was all just a bad dream...which would also explain why nobody at the site, staff or campers, seem to have eyeballed him.

It's also not out of the realms of possibilities that BL did NOT accompany the parents on this trip. He may have already hit the bricks by Sep 6. This camping trip, whether by design or not, may yet prove to have been another rabbit for LE to chase while BL slips further & further into the ether...

Regarding that photo taken at the campground, the smiles on the Laundries faces just blow me away. Are they just cold hearted f*x or did they really have no clue what happened?
The people in the photo are the people that stayed in the campground next to the Laundries. The reason for the photo is the figure in the background which could be Brian.

I’m starting to think there is a real possibility that Brian is dead, and I wonder whether his body will be found. Or if he/his body will never be found and we will never have confirmation about whether he is still on-the-run or has died.

It is a depressing thought. After all of this searching and sleuthing, I will feel really mixed up, sad even, if he is found dead.

And it will be really disappointing if there are no answers provided, ever, or for a long time. Answers about what happened to Brian, (or what he happened to…) either.

Feeling really mixed emotions this morning. These cases can get to you.

Last edited:
Regarding that photo taken at the campground, the smiles on the Laundries faces just blow me away. Are they just cold hearted f*x or did they really have no clue what happened?
Which photo are you referring to please?

Thank you both. I didn't think they likely searched the van.

Something about that bodycam video keeps nagging at me. The LE officer asks BL if he takes any medication because he's acting nervous. BL explains it's from flashing lights and being pulled over. I'm not bringing this up to debate LE's handling of the situation, I'm mentioning it because LE pulls people over for all kinds of reasons, every day, and I'm sure are used to seeing people, even innocent people, nervous. What made the officer point it out about BL that day?

It is difficult to discern between somebody that is pepped up because they've had their coffee, somebody that has adrenaline because they're talking to cops and somebody that is having a hypomanic episode.

I've been meaning for days to mention the book Brian was supposedly reading. Others here have posted about the book. The book is 'Annilation' by Jeff Vandermeer. Jeff Vandermeer had hiked at St. Marks Wildlife Refuge and even used descriptions of some of the vegetation and animals he had seen on the trails in his book. That's sort of a description of what to expect there while hiking. Brian would have loved to do that same hike, IMO. I think the book intrigued him.

St. Marks Wildlife Refuge is 260 miles from Ft. DeSoto. The parents could have taken Brian there from Ft. DeSoto or his home for that matter. Who knows? It is a popular destination for Wildlife enthusiasts as well as hikers. I think he could very well be there hiding out.

All Brian has to do is get some of those fake tatts (sleeves or other), grow his hair, stay clean shaven, and wear a hat. He would not look like his pics at all, IMO. He could also wear a headband/sweatband rather low on his forehead and that would change his looks.

I want him captured and tried in a court of law. Circumstantial case at the moment, but a good one, IMO.

*Nothing to do with the above post, but I wonder of Brian's bike is still at the house. (sorry for the long post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member