Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dog the Bounty Hunter sends in the K-9 unit

Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman on Wednesday contracted a private search and rescue K-9 team to search an island called Egmont Key off the coast of St. Petersburg, Florida, in his search for Brian Laundrie.

A crew of four people carrying backpacks and other supplies left on boats with three K-9s. Chapman confirmed to Fox News that he hired the team for help in looking for Laundrie, a fugitive person of interest in the disappearance and homicide of his fiancé, Gabby Petito.

"We're out here at the island," Chapman said in a video posted to Twitter on Wednesday. "This would be and could be a perfect spot for him to hide, not too many people out here."
I really don't think it would be bright to hide on an island. You've nowhere to run to.

Oh I thought a burner phone was like a track phone with no account. Like the $50 dollar ones that you buy some minutes for? I must be wrong.
Essentially that’s exactly what they are. But you can buy those at Walmart to set up at home. No one is going to AT&T for a burner phone. Doing so pretty much negates the whole purpose of getting a burner. There is nothing discreet about going to AT&T to get a phone or even SIM card. That’s why I think it makes most sense for the purchase to have been a replacement device on a line of service they already had for Brian. /JMO

Brian Laundrie ‘captured in selfie’ while camping with parents days after Gabby Petito believed to have died

A Florida couple who camped beside the Laundrie family days after Gabby Petito is believed to have died say they may have captured Brian Laundrie in a selfie.

Mr Laundrie arrived at the Fort De Soto Park in Pinellas County, with parents Christopher and Roberta on 6 September.

Fort Myers couple Marci and Kenny Newsom told NBC2 they checked into the campsite on the same day and stayed just metres from the Laundries in the neighbouring site.

After scouring their photos, they noticed a man in the background walking across a field with a close-cropped haircut who appears to match Brian Laundrie’s description.

My opinion that's him. It looks exactly like him and what would be the odds of somebody else walking next to their campsite and looking that much like BL when we know BL was stated to be camping in that campground with his parents now confirmed right next door?

The only statement I recall seeing from the parents’ lawyer regarding BL whereabouts is “they don’t know where he is and are concerned for him.” (Please correct me if I’m wrong!)
My question is for the lawyers in the group…..
Would there be a legal strategy to not put out a statement asking for him to turn himself in on the warrant? Or asking him to come home?

IMO…as a parent, whether I thought my child guilty or not, I would want him/her to hear a message of support from me. And I also feel like this would be a way of saying we didn’t help him, without having to actually say it, for their defense in the future.
Or maybe they don’t think he is alive?

From the link:

"...it’s the same phone that Brian left home and which the FBI is in possession of,” Bertolino told NewsNation’s Brian Entin."

I take it that it's the phone he supposedly left at home with his wallet.

If you can buy one phone you could buy two. Here's an interesting article regarding burner phones, their limitations and the ease in which they can be bought.

https://www.howtogeek.com/712588/what-is-a-burner-phone-and-when-should-you-use-one/

How do K9’s help in a search if there is nothing for them to sniff before hand? Did the parents give something recently worn by BL to the police for their k9’s to sniff? That would show some cooperation and genuine interest in finding him in my opinion.
Where would Mr. Dog get BL’s item for his K9’s to sniff? I don’t think they are looking for a cadaver as he has said he thinks he’s alive and on the move in those little islands.
Why does Dog think the Monster drink is BL’s. Doesn’t anyone else visit those parks other than BL? Could another person have left that can behind? Isn’t BL reported as caring about nature and not wanting to leave garbage behind? Why would he leave garbage and risk getting caught? Aren’t there garbage cans in this park?

Ignore if already mentioned, but weren't Brian and Gabby there in February? Or at least there was a picture on her Instagram that tagged that location back then, I think. Does anyone remember? Likely not really relevant, just curious. MOO.

Yes, they were there. In fact, it was discussed on News Nation with Brian Entin this evening. The emphasis was on the fact Brian knew the Park well as he'd been there in February and then again early this month with his parents.

Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

August 24
•BL’s mother initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3.

August 31
•she canceled those reservations (for 2 people)

September 1
•BL arrives home in FL without Gabby

September 3
•she made a new reservation for three people to camp on the weekend of Sept. 6-8

September 6
•the family checks in to the campground (documents obtained by Fox News)

September 8
•check out
(documents obtained by Fox News)

According to the family’s lawyer:
•the family camped out on Sept. 6 and 7 and that "they all left the park."
Sept. 6th through 8th - 3, not FOUR. They knew.

Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

August 24
•BL’s mother initially made reservations for two people to camp at Soto Park Campground in Saint Petersberg between Sept. 1-3.

August 31
•she canceled those reservations (for 2 people)

September 1
•BL arrives home in FL without Gabby

September 3
•she made a new reservation for three people to camp on the weekend of Sept. 6-8

September 6
•the family checks in to the campground (documents obtained by Fox News)

September 8
•check out
(documents obtained by Fox News)

According to the family’s lawyer:
•the family camped out on Sept. 6 and 7 and that "they all left the park."
They all left the park is like they didn't help him leave the home. In what manner did they all leave the park?

Very odd. Since they said Gabby was a homicide victim, can they subpoena her phone records which would include all calls and text messages? So even if he destroyed her phone and his, the records and data would be available to authorities, I hope?
IIRC, didn’t these similar issues come up in the Kelsey Berreth case in CO? I remember laughing at the time at the cell phone stupidity of those involved!

Yes, they were there. In fact, it was discussed on News Nation with Brian Entin this evening. The emphasis was on the fact Brian knew the Park well as he'd been there in February and then again early this month with his parents.
Thank you so much! I missed that completely, which is a little weird, I have his Twitter on alert but didn't watch.

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25

@wpbf_jossie

·
1h

CONFIRMED: #BrianLaundrie’s attorney says he now has a date when the phone was purchased - Sept. 4. TIMELINE: -Sept. 1 Brian returns early to North Port from cross country trip -Sept. 4 cell bought -Sept. 11 Gabby is reported missing -Sept. 14 Brian goes on hike/doesn’t return
View attachment 315400

https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1443355347838803971?s=20

We’ve all likely seen the above by now. I wonder if the phone was intended to be a designated phone used to contact the attorney.
He claimed that law enforcement has that phone that was left behind. Where is his phone he had on the trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz