UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

John Colt had a gun when arrested. Bullet point #12 from probable cause statement:

“After COLT’s arrest a new Facebook alias was identified. COLT posted numerous photos of his campsite, tent, motorcycle, and COLT posing with a shotgun having a pistol grip and a magazine fed rifle with a folding stock.”

Runaway sexual predator arrested in Utah failed to resister sex offender status

https://www.scribd.com/document/528367724/Probable-Cause-John-Freeman-Colt#from_embed

Thank you for posting the probably cause document it has a lot of important details. The info I had yesterday was that he was camping in Torrey in early August but this document shows that he did not arrive in Torrey until August 12.

Kyleen and Crystal were last seen alive at the bar on August 13th and Kyleen missed work on August 15 and they both missed work on August 16 which triggered the friend to go looking for them.

It's possible that he packed up his camp and moved to Torrey then went back and attacked Kyleen and Crystal.

I'm sure they will run ballistics on the rifle.

It does seem strange that this guy picks Central Utah, of all places, to "hide". Did he have family ties or something that brought him to the area?

Folks who "don't belong" in Utah, even now, stick out.

How did this guy have access to so much income, after leaving the institution? Motorcycle, gun, did he steal?

In the probable cause document, it says that he was in a relationship with a woman at the hospital. It is likely that she gave him money and bought the motorcycle for him.

I just learned Colt was arrested. It is possible he could have ties to Kylen and Crystal. I have been following msm about the 2 women and decided to pop on here because I feel this is the best forum imo. Anyway I do feel Kylen and Crystal were targeted and not random. Someone who just can't believe a woman would prefer another woman over "him" I believe they probably crossed paths in some manner before he set up camp next to them. I am catching up on all the threads but jumped ahead to post. I am so glad that this case has picked up momento probably partly because of Gabby. These 2 ladies deserve justice (like all murdered victims) ok, got some reading to catch up on!!

I simply cannot fathom why this case isn’t getting more attention. This could have been random crime or a targeted crime. Either way, there remains a violent murderer out there. At least one. Are members of the community satisfied that this was a one time thing?

ADMIN NOTE:

swedeheart has permission to post a podcast that is an interview with the person who found Kylen and Crystal's bodies.

The podcast is approved on a one-time basis only (so not blanket approval for future use unless specifically approved by Admin).

REMINDER:

Random youtube videos are not allowed unless pre-approval has been given by Websleuths Administrators (swedeheart asked for permission prior to posting).

His Facebook alias name is in the document link upthread. I don't think I can paste the FB link here? Can I post his FB name alias here?

There's a video of him dancing. I think photos of camp, motorcycle and those mentioned in the document have been hidden or removed. Maybe for evidence? Not sure. I don't see pics mentioned in the doc.
yes, you can post POI's social media. and i searched that name and couldnt find it.

He also posted a lot in Dispersed Camping in the National Forest & BLM Lands group.

He was camping around Capitol Reef National Park August 24th to Sept 1st, posted pics in that group.

He was in Mancos, Colorado early September (his posts are dated Sept 14th) which is 2hrs or so on hwy from Moab.

If he did murder the women, he would have went from Torrey to Moab, then booked it out of Moab after the crime and hid out in Capital Reef until heat was down to go over state line to Mancos, Colorado.

upload_2021-9-30_21-1-4.png

He also posted a lot in Dispersed Camping in the National Forest & BLM Lands group.

He was camping around Capitol Reef National Park August 24th to Sept 1st, posted pics in that group.

He was in Mancos, Colorado early September (his posts are dated Sept 14th) which is 2hrs or so on hwy from Moab.

If he did murder the women, he would have went from Torrey to Moab, then booked it out of Moab after the crime and hid out in Capital Reef until heat was down to go over state line to Mancos, Colorado.

View attachment 315641

Interestingly, he also responded to a comment on one of his Facebook posts about how he keeps clean explaining "I bathe in rivers and use wet wipes." Very possible he may have come across Kylen and Crystal while he was going to bathe in the creek.

Interestingly, he also responded to a comment on one of his Facebook posts about how he keeps clean explaining "I bathe in rivers and use wet wipes." Very possible he may have come across Kylen and Crystal while he was going to bathe in the creek.

I thought same thing! I think it's a good spot. Trees for shade and the creek.

Whoah what a guy has been running around loose for months. I think he fits pretty damn well to*** my own amateur profile*** of the murderer. MOO.
Just could not imagine the amount of pathological sickness and crazy involved. I'm not easily shaken but that guy gave even me chills.

I really hope they are on this quickly with samples etc. so that it is stated that is it him or not. Like how many more messed up dudes can there be running at the utah campgrounds right now. Please be careful you all! Not scared but aware.

These women need justice, the family and friends need closure. I hope so bad they get it soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back