Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replied but I haven’t had my coffee yet & don’t think I answered well so I’m trying again (will delete the other one). Yes, like you say, I have no doubt they already have BLs DNA. I was trying to focus more on if there had been moves to collect the parents’ DNA, perhaps covertly by requesting some item of his that his parents would have had to touch to collect. I don’t believe it’s been revealed that there was ever a warrant for the parents’ DNA, but as we know LE can attempt to obtain that covertly. JMO!
LOL And they haven't put their garbage out for going on three weeks! or not that anyone has commented on. Let's figure out when garbage day is..................... jmo

My friend sells weed (mods I’m not starting a discussion about drugs it’s just an important detail) and he has a burner phone. It’s an iPhone but it’s prepaid and no attached to his name or a phone account.

Unlocked iPhone with an anonymous pre-paid SIM card. I bet there is still the possibility of the FBI tracking to the hardware if they are really motivated.

Why would the FBI want the parent's DNA?
I wouldn’t pretend to know! I’m just following what others are saying that it looked like lab kits. Certainly if they find his body they would need it for verification. But I imagine there could be other reasons related to the case as well. JMO

She has a DNA cup in her hand. #gabbypetitio #BrianLaundrie
Quote Tweet
lUhyFzZj_mini.jpg

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
· 1m
Video of the FBI going into the Laundrie's camper this afternoon.
1:54 PM · Sep 30, 2021·Twitter for Android

If BL’s parents confirm to FBI that there is a known blood stain in the camper, might it have been collected for some “baseline” toxicology purpose in the event BL’s body is found to assist with COD?

This seems unlikely, I think it would be more interesting if they found Gabby's blood in the new camper, a place where she never had access. Because DNA is everywhere you could even explain away her DNA in the camper. Brian and Gabby lived in a tiny van together so it's likely much of his possessions had Gabby's DNA on them, but blood is a different matter. To me this also explains why COD hasn't been revealed.. it would reveal way too much about the investigation.

I believe you'd need a separate warrant for something like that. They even needed a separate warrant for the external hard drive found in the van, even though the original warrant was for the van.

yes, they would need a search warrant to collect dna from a person - which means they would have to have probable cause and convince a judge that it meets a threshold in order to sign it.

No but it should be on his birth records. It can be taken from any blood sample and is routinely done as a child so you can see if your parents can be blood donors to you.

Could FBI be looking for blood evidence? In the home? In the camper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107