Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it means a case is moving forward - would this mean they have a live defendant?

No, it is just a step that happens in a case. Once a case is filed, the Court opens a "docket" to track what happens. Once the USA has an attorney assigned as the prosecutor, that individual attorney has to "notify" the Court to say Hello, I am the Prosecutor, please make sure all documents are sent to me. And then the Clerk of Court will add that attorney as the attorney for one side. They are then authorized to file things with the Court, they will get copies of anything anyone else posts. The defense will do the same thing once the defendant hires an attorney.

This happens in every case filed in any federal court. I did it this week. It is just a technical step that you have to do.

Perhaps the family is grieving and waiting for things to settle down? I know I wouldn't want anything at all to do with the Laundries. I guess they could send movers - but who is to say what is Gabby's and what isn't, from inside that packed garage?

Another theory is the Ls house may be potentially a "crime scene" at this point and since LE is still gathering evidence her family may not have access.

FAjgcLMWQAISkrf
That's too large for dna evidence. If you've had a test for strep throat, they use a swab and put it in a tube. That's what we use when doing DNA analysis too. That looks more like what we use for urine/stool samples. Is that a piece of cloth in there?

It seems irrelevant as long as they have Brian's DNA.
But you can have Brian's DNA without knowing you have Brian's DNA. If they recovered a body and tested the DNA, they would need something to compare it to. If they don't have Brian's DNA to compare it to, his parents would be the next best thing.

Not that this is or isn't what is happening, just a point. MOO.

I just had a thought, not sure if it's been discussed.

The statement from BL's lawyer says that BL purchased a phone on 9/4 and that it wasn't a burner as BL opened a new account with AT&T.

Why would he open a NEW account if he just lost his old phone? Did he and GP share an account? I know I've shared accounts with boyfriends in the past, and given BL's controlling nature we've heard about, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he talked GP into it. If he told his parents they just broke up, it wouldn't be suspicious to them for him to open a new account.
To purge his account history with ATT would be my guess... ??

but it would mean the case is moving forward - does this mean they have a live defendant?

No, it is just a step that happens in a case. Once a case is filed, the Court opens a "docket" to track what happens. Once the USA has an attorney assigned as the prosecutor, that individual attorney has to "notify" the Court to say Hello, I am the Prosecutor, please make sure all documents are sent to me. And then the Clerk of Court will add that attorney as the attorney for one side. They are then authorized to file things with the Court, they will get copies of anything anyone else posts. The defense will do the same thing once the defendant hires an attorney.

This happens in every case filed in any federal court. I did it this week. It is just a technical step that you have to do.

but if that truly was the case doubt he would want to leave evidence behind and if DTBH was truly close enough to alert BL of his encroachment he would've captured him or at least something more substantial than a discarded can - footprints, fresh scent, signs of shelter, etc. Just my opinion.
There was a photo of a foot print with the flip flops and sunglasses that were found IMO

Bouncing off

Bouncing off of your post. Would these attorney's be more specialized in particular areas of the law? Like it we looked into their previous cases or something, could we determine if perhaps the FBI is planning to pursue murder charges down the road? No idea how the law works.

No, it will just be assigned to an AUSA in the office. AUSAs go through different trainings - like you start with lower level more simple crimes to start and work your way up as you gain experience. But unless you are in a very big office or it's being prosecuted out of DC, it would just be an experienced attorney no matter the charges. Bigger offices like SDNY have specialized units like healthcare fraud, foreign corrupt practices, financial fraud, organized crime, etc., but I doubt there's any specific divisions in D Wyoming.

Unlocked iPhone with an anonymous pre-paid SIM card. I bet there is still the possibility of the FBI tracking to the hardware if they are really motivated.

Where I live, there are two ways to get a cash SIM card, one of which leaves no trace. The other will trace back to the convenience or other brick and mortar store where it was sold.

It is the first type that is favored by criminals. Fake name, pay cash, buy at a so-called "pop-up." It can also be done online, but those records can be subpoenaed, as they would be in a major crime investigation.

That's too large for dna evidence. If you've had a test for strep throat, they use a swab and put it in a tube. That's what we use when doing DNA analysis too. That looks more like what we use for urine/stool samples. Is that a piece of cloth in there?
Does that kind of camper have a camp toilet? Could they have scooped up a sample of the waste water? That would be a very good reason to hold your gloves hands up after and not want to touch anything!!

but it would mean the case is moving forward - does this mean they have a live defendant?

They will assume the person is alive until proven otherwise. An attorney has to be assigned as lead counsel even if they don't find him for 5 years. It's just a procedural step and we really can't read anything into it.

Hello Everyone, 1/9) Live streaming #news story on #BrianLaundrie Brian Laundrie Search Update from WFLA Now's JB Biunno and NewsNation's Brian Entin https://youtu.be/bS4GDOFJ_d4 #GabbyPetito #Florida
3JbhuQXE

Brian Laundrie Search Update from WFLA Now's JB Biunno and NewsNati...
BRIAN LAUNDRIE MANHUNT UPDATE FROM JB & BRIAN ENTIN | The search for Brian Laundrie presses on as new pieces of evidence continue to emerge, helping to fill ...
youtube.com

As someone who does not have a camper, is there a reservoir that everything is collected in (water, waste) that is periodically emptied? A la Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation? Perhaps they were taking a sample from something like that?

My first thought was a white cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member