Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a new account would automatically mean that the former one would be purged? I guess that's handy to know for criminals. No record at all? jmo

My 29 yo daughter died in May and I called AT&T to find out if LE could access her records even if I ended her phone service. AT&T told me that they kept records of texts and phone logs for 18 months and maybe could even get older records under some circumstances. AT&T said they needed a warrant from LE to provide the info and could not give it to me even if my daughter was on my family plan. AT&T said they could even provide transcripts of text messages between my daughter’s iPhone and other types of phones. However, iMessages between 2 iPhones would have to be requested from Apple (also with a warrant) if my daughter had an iCloud account that backed up her phone, which she did. Apple will not unlock phones even if LE asks them to. Just FYI my daughter died of an OD, which NC investigates as a homicide. I let the detective know the information from AT&T, but I don’t know if NC LE ever got a warrant for AT&T or Apple. I gave LE her phone and text logs. All this to say I don’t think BL getting a new phone will preclude LE from getting data on his old phone from AT&T and/or Apple.

I thought the campground number could have been significant because of its proximity to the public showers and restrooms.
3 people in one camper are
not using that potty for too many days.
At least not with a restroom within walking distance.
BUT, what could someone hide in a portable potty in the back of camper?
So. I am very surprised the camper hasn't been taken away and examined.
MOO

My 29 yo daughter died in May and I called AT&T to find out if LE could access her records even if I ended her phone service. AT&T told me that they kept records of texts and phone logs for 18 months and maybe could even get older records under some circumstances. AT&T said they needed a warrant from LE to provide the info and could not give it to me even if my daughter was on my family plan. AT&T said they could even provide transcripts of text messages between my daughter’s iPhone and other types of phones. However, iMessages between 2 iPhones would have to be requested from Apple (also with a warrant) if my daughter had an iCloud account that backed up her phone, which she did. Apple will not unlock phones even if LE asks them to. Just FYI my daughter died of an OD, which NC investigates as a homicide. I let the detective know the information from AT&T, but I don’t know if NC LE ever got a warrant for AT&T or Apple. I gave LE her phone and text logs. All this to say I don’t think BL getting a new phone will preclude LE from getting data on his old phone from AT&T and/or Apple.

I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for your insight.

This is the most curious bit that has come up in the last week imo. Why’d they call? Was BL or a parent about to turn in? Then changed mind? Rarely are 2 people equal in sentiment. In Vegas, I’d put my money down on the dad driving the charge to protect the only son. Maybe one of them will crack eventually. Can’t imagine a 100% united front. Imo, jmo etc
WOW. This is the first I've heard. And also this from Brian Entin: 3 Calls to 911 on the day Gabby was reported missing https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443677455995318272

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the information.

BL Will be found you have the entire country plus Canada and Mexico looking for him. If DTBH caught Andrew Luster and BL doesn’t have the money to hide forever like AL did. Plus every law enforcement agency and don’t forget about John Walsh on In Pursit with John Walsh looking. Everyone want justice for GP.

Or leave something electronic behind ??
good call
hmm… 1st call is a priority level “5” 2nd call is a “2” Anyone have any idea if this is significant or what that means?
I just read 1 is of significance scaling down to 5 is just recording an incident. But I would suspect each department/jurisdiction has it's own standard, but this scale of more critical to less seems to be the norm.

It’s been bugging me as to why the FBI keep going to collect Brian items because I think the FBI doesn’t need to do it 3 times. And I wonder if the FBI is going there to try and get Brian’s parents to communicate with him so they can trace the call. Maybe they r trying to see if the parents will call him to let him know what’s going on

They could be going back 3 times if what they have found in their search has given them probable cause to search for additional evidence...if they keep collecting evidence that leads to more probable cause for additional evidence, they will keep issuing new search warrants and keep returning. LE can only search for what is on a warrant and in plainsight.

My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but does anyone else notice how many tiny white transit vans suddenly seem to be on the road?

Baader-Meinhof phenomonen I imagine, my friend ;)

Do look it up if you've not heard of it - it's an interesting one and I'm sure anyone who hasn't heard of it will be able to relate, upon learning it's a studied concept!

Still can’t believe the Laundries haven’t made some type of statement to try to get BL to come home.

I’d much rather have my child facing prison than go to sleep every night worrying about him being shot in the head by a US Marshall.
same and yet they likely met with an attorney during the trek to Orlando. I don't fault them for that. But to not plead for your son to turn himself in so he can have some kind of life ? Makes me think they don't need to....
JMO

Thank you for sharing this information with us, I hope the detectives are able to help you. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname