Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Brian Laundrie Alive? One Seasoned Pro Says Yes — and Where He Thinks FBI Should Look Next
In an interview with News 4, Craig Caine, who supervised members of the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force before his retirement from the U.S. Marshals Service, said he believes Laundrie was never in that nature preserve at all.

"I think it was all a ploy. He had plenty of time to calculate those moves," said Caine, who has no involvement in the Petito/Laundrie case but who offered an expert opinion based on 30-plus years working such mysteries in the United States and abroad.

"You're gonna leave your son out in the preserve with no form of communication and no way to get home? Does that make sense to anybody?" Caine asked. "I don't even think he was ever in that preserve."

If one is going hiking, one is more inclined to use a truck or SUV to access rough trails. The Mustang remains out of place for me and has always struck me as being driven there to attract attention or create a diversion.

It's only my opinion but I believe that BL's parents have assisted him in eluding LE.

It's very dangerous and minimizing the risk of alligators or suggesting that they are only deadly in the movies is unwise, especially if you're, say, on the run from the feds and trying to hide in swampy regions. JMO, MOO, etc.

Again, it depends entirely on who is doing the running.

There are people who have fished, hunted, trapped and when safe, waded around in southern swamps their entire lives. Such people would be able to cope with the presence of alligators rather well- providing they are not experienced at doing things "the wrong way".

For example, I knew a man once who would hunt, among other things, bull frogs with sling shots and "gigs" at night in Texas swamps. He did it because his father had done it and his father did it because.... . That aside, he was personally experienced in the right way to do it.

I don't think that "L" is much of a hunter or trapper. That, however, does not preclude him from being very familiar with swamps and very capable of coping with the presence of alligators.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

I'm new here, This is my first post.

1) Yes
2) I believe it was in the afternoon of the last day seen in the texmex restaurant (believe it was August 27th?).
3) I believe because of his rage, he started beating her and got out of hand.
4) I believe it was by accident but his temper is a ticking bomb. He can hurt other people while on the run. I believe he chocked her.
5) He became very defiant towards authority figures, government and "the system" how it's forming. He seems to have radical ideas that goes against normal norms and beliefs. Not only he has these dystopian thoughts, he also seems to be very reactive to them (conversation in the bar) and loses his temper very easily. He's very dangerous to be on the loose.

MOO

Always trust your assessment but are you convinced of that?
Am I naive?
Just inches away from going there.
Will we find out that they have assisted LE and FBI all along?
I wonder?
MOO.
They didn't report Gabby missing, and they waited days to report their son missing. We learned that when they did report their son missing, they had their lawyer on the phone the entire time.

I'm convinced that if they were being cooperative, Brian would be in custody.

They established a consistent pattern throughout this entire thing (from the moment Brian arrived home), and they don't appear to have deviated.

So I just don't see it.

Oh so he doesn’t specialize in criminal defense ? That explains a lot and I doubt he would be much of a defense lawyer once this goes to court.

Just reposting Steven Bertolino's areas of work ..... he doesn't appear to work with murder cases (as can be seen when drilling down into the Criminal Law link on his website).

The main areas of law that Steven Bertolino’s office focuses on are:
https://sbertolinolaw.com/legal-services

I agree.... but just seeing those flip flops outside the back of the van in that image when they passed..
I don’t know if they were GP or BL. Maybe some day we will know,maybe not... or maybe I don’t want to know.

This was already discussed on WS-
the sandals behind the van during the Red White and Bethune video matched ones that Gabby has worn in pictures and videos. Photographs were posted to compare. This has not been confirmed by LE that I know of, but did appear to match, IMO and others’ opinions.
Not sure what thread it was in, but it was shortly after that video came out…if you want to search for it.

I'm new here, This is my first post.

1) Yes
2) I believe it was in the afternoon of the last day seen in the texmex restaurant (believe it was August 27th?).
3) I believe because of his rage, he started beating her and got out of hand.
4) I believe it was by accident but his temper is a ticking bomb. He can hurt other people while on the run. I believe he chocked her.
5) He became very defiant towards authority figures, government and "the system" how it's forming. He seems to have radical ideas that goes against normal norms and beliefs. Not only he has these dystopian thoughts, he also seems to be very reactive to them (conversation in the bar) and loses his temper very easily. He's very dangerous to be on the loose.

MOO

I agree 100%?

Just reposting Steven Bertolino's areas of work ..... he doesn't appear to work with murder cases (as can be seen when drilling down into the Criminal Law link on his website).

The main areas of law that Steven Bertolino’s office focuses on are:
The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.

Ok and I gotta say DUI, traffic and assault are a far cry from murder. He is in way over his head. It explains a lot of his responses.

I’m thinking it would be horrible to be a prisoner in your home . (with cameras, protestors, flower memorial, a deceased girlfriends belongings items around, a son missing and FBI in and out) they can’t even watch regular tv shows without seeing news about their son. The house is bugged, what would they do or talk about? What a nightmare. IMOO now I know I will never help someone escape from a crime!
I was wondering when is the FBI allowed to bug a house? Would we see a warrant on this?
I’m thinking it would be horrible to be a prisoner in your home . (with cameras, protestors, flower memorial, a deceased girlfriends belongings items around, a son missing and FBI in and out) they can’t even watch regular tv shows without seeing news about their son. The house is bugged, what would they do or talk about? What a nightmare. IMOO now I know I will never help someone escape from a crime!
Nope... no help/no advice from me ...not after seeing all this. No way the L's could have imagined it would be this big.

2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?

For me it’s
1). Yes
2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness. It was like a last straw on the trip in his mind. I also feel he is psychotic.
4) Yes thought about it for some length of time however short. Deliberately delivered a blow.
5) Spoiled by mother who overlooks all his faults. Fruit and trees scenario. MOO
1. Yes
2. After Merry Pigs incident on 8/27
3. Fight that got out of hand
4. Crime of passion/ beaten to death
5. What a question! I actually have a theory based on nothing but a spine tingle that he's a "nice guy" that wormed his way in after she "friend zoned" him in high school. How these guys come to be? No idea. Little bit of narcissism he was born with combined with an unhealthy family dynamic at home?
JMO

RSBM

1. Yes
2. I’m really not sure
3. Again, not sure. I’m toying with several potential motives.
4. I think there is a possibility he had the thought of killing her several times and he finally acted on it. I have no evidence of this and it is simply MOO. I think he either strangled her or blunt force trauma. Again, JMO.
5. I have no clue. You can blame people, environment, etc. When it comes down to it, he’s an adult and responsible for his own actions - regardless of any other factors.

All MOO/JMO
wow, though this too",I think there is a possibility he had the thought of killing her several times and he finally acted on it. I have no evidence of this and it is simply MOO. I think he either strangled her or blunt force trauma. Again, JMO."

but I thought strangulation. She should be here. Mad and sad

I was wondering when is the FBI allowed to bug a house? Would we see a warrant on this?

Nope... no help/no advice from me ...not after seeing all this. No way the L's could have imagined it would be this big.
In my post I should of said FBI left electronics. No proof it was bugged. My mistake

North Port Police have revealed that they did not see Brian Laundrie at his Florida home during the September 11 search and seizure of her van which has now raised many questions in the murder case of late girlfriend Gabby Petito.

When spokesperson Josh Taylor spoke with media outlets, he said that cops who were present that evening did not "spot" the 23-year-old, who is currently missing.

This begs the question of when Brian actually went missing. The family told police that their son left the house on September 14 to go for a hike near the Carlton reserve and never returned. Brian was then reported missing three days later on September 17.

The Laundrie family chose not to cooperate with authorities that night directing all questions from cops to attorney Steven Bertoloni.
Authorities Admit Brian Laundrie Was Not Present At His Florida Home During September 11 Search & Seizure Of Van

Something I am wondering about...Let's say a warrant is issued charging BL with murder while he is still on the run. Could LE then also charge and arrest BL's parents for aiding and abetting? What would be the best means for LE to coerce the parents to provide information leading to BL's arrest?

Coercion unfortunately will not be beneficial if this ever gets to go to court. The only way they can charge the parents is if they in fact have probable cause that they helped him avoid arrest or they have evidence as such. I do believe they are and have been helping him.

So there was some type of drama going on in the Laundrie household the around the time Gabby was reported missing. Interesting. I would love to know when Gabby's mom started texting RL and asking questions. Interesting timing and would love to know who was making the calls.
I think she first called his mom on the 10th. Before that she was probably calling and texting both Gabby's and Brian's phones. She said she assumed they were in a place with no service and didn't start to worry until about the ninth day. The last text, 'no service in Yosemite,' was sent on the 30th, probably by BL to give himself more time before anyone noticed she was missing. Imo

Just curious - what do you think the vibe is whenever LE needs to get something from the Laundries? Is it awkward silence or small talk about the Dolphins? Not making light but I kinda wanna be a fly on the wall in that home.

2) When ?
3) Why ?

For me it’s
1). Yes
2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness. It was like a last straw on the trip in his mind. I also feel he is psychotic.
4) Yes thought about it for some length of time however short. Deliberately delivered a blow.
5) Spoiled by mother who overlooks all his faults. Fruit and trees scenario. MOO
1. Yes
2. After the restaurant incident
3. So he can save himself and run free
4. Premediated and accident
5. His parents I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors