Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious - what do you think the vibe is whenever LE needs to get something from the Laundries? Is it awkward silence or small talk about the Dolphins? Not making light but I kinda wanna be a fly on the wall in that home.
Well, right now they are working the missing persons case the parents called in so my guess is, they are trying to be cordial and find out any info they can. If they bring up the warrant, the parents will clam up.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing this! I've of course encountered this with cars I've owned. I've also noticed it at work. A co-worker always uses the phrase "rob Peter to pay Paul" and suddenly, my colleagues and I have been hearing it all over the place.

A super crazy instance was finding out about an outdated punctuation mark, the "interrobang" (which I loved:
tumblr_inline_o2nznqNAUM1qbolbn_640.png
)

And then after I told everyone about it, a friend heard this long forgotten mark brought up in a video game! o_O

Just curious - what do you think the vibe is whenever LE needs to get something from the Laundries? Is it awkward silence or small talk about the Dolphins? Not making light but I kinda wanna be a fly on the wall in that home.
I’d be afraid! I bet it’s bad inside! Might squash me

I believe when BL parents went to Orlando to visit their lawyer was because they believed their place was bugged.

JMO

Could be. Can't think of any other reason these days between Zoom and docusign, unless his office is really unsophisticated. All law offices had to figure out a way to work around restrictions, even in Florida and states like mine that haven't been nearly as strict about it, or for as long.

Bumping this since it was at the tail end of the last thread and I am truly curious. Thanks much for any insight!
Question for those with loads of sleuthing and crime watching under their belts:

Are there ever circumstances where LE sits on naming another POI, or indictments for someone else UNKNOWN by the public that they have evidence for as a suspect? (Someone that isn't Brian?)

If so, why would this be kept sealed or kept out of the public eye?

And would they continue this, if there was reasonable suspicion that, say Brian, was presumed dead? Would they keep up the public perception that has been shared about Brian, regardless? If so, why? I understand I am asking for theories and opinion here only.

I have tried to stay open-minded about Brian being presumed innocent, but it does get harder without any new poignant facts or developments, including radio silence on the possibility of someone else being involved.

I mean, at this point, is it still possible, even remotely, that someone else could have killed Gabby? If so, why withhold information related to that? Sigh. MOO.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.
1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?
<RSBM>
1) Yes.
2) I think, as you do, it was on 8/27, not too long after the Merry Piglets incident. 8/27 was when the Bethunes filmed the van later in the evening. It was also the infamous "Stan" text to the grandfather, so I think BL had GP's phone by that evening and was texting from it. (N.B.: We don't know who else GP was calling and texting in the timeline - we know when she last spoke to her parents, but there may have been other communications with other family + friends. Which info may come out later when LE deems appropriate.)
3) I think his rage at GP had been building for quite some time, and I also think he is a sociopath. That fight in MP may have been the "last straw," but I think it was only a matter of time.
4) Premeditated. I think on 8/26, when JS saw BL driving slowly around the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area, he was scoping out potential locations. I think they walked out to the creek and he hit her from behind, blunt force trauma to the back of the head. It breaks my heart.
5) As I said, I think he's a sociopath and I think he's also a narcissist. Probably has "gotten away" with a lot over the years, as the family's "baby." Huge ego disproportionate to his actual capabilities / intelligence.

All this is JMO and it just makes me so, so, so sad. What a bright light, taken out too soon.

This is the only reason I'm questioning the TMZ article about the phone. I don't care about the phone. I want to know if they correctly reported that he was seen at AT&T on the 14th.
North Port Police have revealed that they did not see Brian Laundrie at his Florida home during the September 11 search and seizure of her van which has now raised many questions in the murder case of late girlfriend Gabby Petito.

When spokesperson Josh Taylor spoke with media outlets, he said that cops who were present that evening did not "spot" the 23-year-old, who is currently missing.

This begs the question of when Brian actually went missing. The family told police that their son left the house on September 14 to go for a hike near the Carlton reserve and never returned. Brian was then reported missing three days later on September 17.

The Laundrie family chose not to cooperate with authorities that night directing all questions from cops to attorney Steven Bertoloni.
Authorities Admit Brian Laundrie Was Not Present At His Florida Home During September 11 Search & Seizure Of Van

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

For me it’s
1). Yes
2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness. It was like a last straw on the trip in his mind. I also feel he is psychotic.
4) Yes thought about it for some length of time however short. Deliberately delivered a blow.
5) Spoiled by mother who overlooks all his faults. Fruit and trees scenario. MOO

These are all IMO:
1) Yes
2) Sometime between Aug 27th at 2PM and Aug 29th 5PM, most probably at nighttime when she was sleeping because noone from the campsite that we've heard of has come forward to say they heard a woman scream for help so IMO Brian caught her by surprise
3) IMO Brian did it because he was full of rage and knew that Gabby was way out of his league and he knew their relationship was on the rocks (mostly due to him) and she might leave him at some point soon, and he couldn't bear seeing her live her life and thriving without him. Also, Brian would lose out on Gabby's van, her money, and everything else he mooched off of her if Gabby left him.
4) IMO Brian had thought about it before and this time he went through with it by hitting her and maybe choking her and maybe using a pillow. I don't think he had a weapon.
5) Brian seems like a narcissistic psychopath with a superiority complex as seen through his many Instagram photos of disturbing and violent art that he creates with captions that are self-righteous and look down on other humans that are not him, as if he's forgetting that he's a human too. At one point he refers to people as an "infestation".
This abnormal psychology, IMO, is due to both Nature and Nurture: extremely low empathy, just like his parents' recent cold-hearted behavior towards Gabby and her family, from both DNA and the environment he was raised in in the Laundrie household.

MOO

Last edited:
Sign legal papers. I only say that because when my community was in the worst of the pandemic, our family attorney called me into the office to sign papers several times. Once had to do with changing a title on a mortgage deed, once to change ownership of property, and once to change a beneficiary designation. So, maybe it could not be avoided and they needed a notary as well.

Could be. Can't think of any other reason these days between Zoom and docusign, unless his office is really unsophisticated. All law offices had to figure out a way to work around restrictions, even in Florida and states like mine that haven't been nearly as strict about it, or for as long.
y

Yo

An in person meeting might be necessary to provide original documents or other items that you don't want to have in your possession. So the attorney can hold them for "safe keeping".

He's had enough time to flee to Mexico by now...it wouldn't cost much for him to live there
It's not costing him much to be where he is, if his parents can visit him in their camper.
Even in Mexico he still has to have money. If he's using their credit card, I guess forever. And I surely don't see him flippin' burgers for a livin' down there. Hmmm, Mexico -- it doesn't seem to me to be his kind of place, but beggars can't be choosers & all that. Mexico is a bit far for mom & dad to visit... Hope he doesn't get sick or break a bone, etc.
Nope, I just can't see it. JMO.

Or a crowd of angry Americans looking for Justice for Gabby.
He's better off behind bars and as a Mother, I just don't understand why she's not crying out now, even if she helped him. The hunt became more fierce once her body was found.

IMO Brian's parents are not pleading for him because they know he is most likely deceased. Based on what's going on around them they may feel, if he is alive, he doesn't have a chance of getting any sort of a fair trial if he returns. Doomed any way you look at it. IMO.

Radio silence.
These are all IMO:
1) Yes
2) Sometime between Aug 27th at 2PM and Aug 29th 5PM, most probably at nighttime when she was sleeping because noone from the campsite that we've heard of has come forward to say they heard a woman scream for help so IMO Brian caught her by surprise
3) IMO Brian did it because he was full of rage and knew that Gabby was way out of his league and he knew their relationship was on the rocks (mostly due to him) and she might leave him at some point soon, and he couldn't bear seeing her live her life and thriving without him. Also, Brian would lose out on Gabby's van, her money, and everything else he mooched off of her if Gabby left him.
4) IMO Brian had thought about it before and this time we went through with it by hitting her and maybe choking here and maybe using a pillow. I don't think he had a weapon.
5) Brian seems like a narcissistic psychopath with a superiority complex as seen through his many Instagram photos and captions of disturbing and violent art that he creates with captions that are self-righteous and look down on other humans that are not him, and as if he's forgetting that he's a human too. At one point he refers to people as an "infestation".
This abnormal psychology, IMO, is due to both Nature and Nurture: extremely low empathy, just like his parents' recent cold-hearted behavior towards Gabby and her family, from both DNA and the environment he was raised in in the Laundrie household.

MOO

Brilliant analysis. My only bone of contention is the phrase looked down on “other humans”. He would have to have evolved to become a human first and he clearly hasn’t.

I think he confided in his parents and that’s why no calls or texts were answered - I don’t buy the “break up angle so don’t answer her parents calls” at all.
JMO
I have a strong suspicion that BL did tell his parents some version of the truth when he arrived home. Unfortunately, by then he had already botched any hope of cover-up. What he should have done is packed his personal belongings in a backpack, left the van where it was, hitchhike to the airport and had mommy buy him a flight back to Florida. (What he should have done, obviously, is called the authorities and reported Gabby's death, but you know what I mean).

That would have at least given him a measure of plausible deniability - he got fed up with the whole road trip, packed his things and went home. What happened to Gabby after he left, he has no idea. He ruined any chance of that defense when he impulsively took the van and drove it to Florida.

That left the parents 3 options that I can see: (1) Call the police as soon as BL told them what happened to Gabby; (2) Immediately help BL flee the state/country; or (3) Do what they did. Lay low. Act dumb. Don't talk to the police. Avoid Gabby's parents as long as possible. Hope Gabby's body was never found.

Problem is, BL had already botched this thing from the beginning. While they knew Gabby's parents would report her missing at some point, BL really left them nothing to work with except complete stonewalling or outright flight, hope the body is not discovered and hope LE doesn't ever find enough to tie BL to the crime.

I don't think BL's parents knew he was going to flee, though. They probably discussed the option and decided to go with the lay low and lawyer up option instead. I honestly think his mother wanted to shield him safe at home under her own roof as long as she could. I doubt she wanted her baby boy alone in the world trying to outrun LE forever. I also think it's possible that BL told his mother the truth, but BL and mom kept it from the father and he may still have no actual idea what is going on.

MOO - My 2 cents.

Bumping this since it was at the tail end of the last thread and I am truly curious. Thanks much for any insight!
Question for those with loads of sleuthing and crime watching under their belts:

Are there ever circumstances where LE sits on naming another POI, or indictments for someone else UNKNOWN by the public that they have evidence for as a suspect? (Someone that isn't Brian?)

If so, why would this be kept sealed or kept out of the public eye?

And would they continue this, if there was reasonable suspicion that, say Brian, was presumed dead? Would they keep up the public perception that has been shared about Brian, regardless? If so, why? I understand I am asking for theories and opinion here only.

I have tried to stay open-minded about Brian being presumed innocent, but it does get harder without any new poignant facts or developments, including radio silence on the possibility of someone else being involved.

I mean, at this point, is it still possible, even remotely, that someone else could have killed Gabby? If so, why withhold information related to that? Sigh. MOO.
Who and why?

North Port Police have revealed that they did not see Brian Laundrie at his Florida home during the September 11 search and seizure of her van which has now raised many questions in the murder case of late girlfriend Gabby Petito.

When spokesperson Josh Taylor spoke with media outlets, he said that cops who were present that evening did not "spot" the 23-year-old, who is currently missing.
A far far more important question is - was the Dodge Ram 1500 and the Camper top there on the 11 when they came for the Ford White van ? The LE must have photos or even a video of the removal of the Ford van - empty spaces in the driveway will Tell a Story if true.

I do have this from a reporter (but it is only a tweet).

Verbals from neighbours now are not much chop. Perhaps a video of the removal was viewed on a local news channel . we are NOT talking about the Mustang, which was later. Does any sleuth know more ??

quoting -
Conversation
Rebecca Ollier
@BeccaOllier

Executive Producer at WINK | Former WKRC & WYMT producer | WKU '13 | Cincinnati native

NEW: Neighbor tells us they saw #BrianLaundrie on September 11th leave the home with his family & the camper attached to the truck.

(KIDON G Adds "NB this point" -) They said it happened before police got the van. They don’t know if he came back. When I asked North Port Police, that tip was sent to the FBI.
11:13 AM · Sep 23, 2021 from Fort Myers, FL·Twitter for iPhone

end of quote.

This time line is critical.
KG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors