Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until her parents knew the van was home they had no idea that Gabby was missing and alone. Once they discovered that everything sped up. I will never understand Brian driving the van home to go on the run in Florida when he could have driven that van anywhere and everyone would have thought they were missing together.

I think he just panicked and ran after killing Gabby. I believe it was an accident, or a loss of control on his part. I do not think this was part of any great plan. After he did it , he just wanted to get the H away from campsite and Gabby. So he just jumped into the van and drove home.
I don’t think there was much thinking about all of this at all. Perhaps he figured he could just wait it out and her body not be found. Grand Tetons a vast area and really, it’s possible LE not have found her if it weren’t for a You Tuber video that guided LE to where the van was parked.

I feel Gabby always took the blame and took up all the slack and made excuses for BL. She accepted him with all his faults and still loved him. After the Merry Piglets thing - and I feel BL was not in the restaurant when she apologized for his behavior with staff - but that he went ballistic later after finding this out. She likely couldn’t believe - had never seen how his bad behavior could extend so far as to treat perfect strangers - who had served them no less - like garbage. Since she had always overlooked his faults before, and taken the heat for everything because she was the (mentally) strong one - this time (in his warped mind) she had had the audacity to not take responsibility for him - and had let others see him as he really is. And I believe he (the physically stronger one ) killed her soon after learning this. MOO
This totally fits with that moment during the dashcam footage where you can see her wanting to defend herself for a second and then stopping. She knew what was happening and doubted herself. It was the most triggering thing I've seen in a while. I think she probably took the "toxic relationship" talk to heart too. I wish they would've just arrested her so she could call her parents to bail her out.

Indeed. He should have moved the van to another campsite 50-60 miles away from the body. Set up camp as normal. Then start hitchhikking out of there. That way, when the van is located the search will start 50-60 miles away from Gabby's body.

It is very apparent to me that neither BL nor his parents are criminal masterminds. They messed this up from the very beginning and didn't quite think this through.

JMO
Exactly... not the biggest mistake but really close.

This totally fits with that moment during the dashcam footage where you can see her wanting to defend herself for a second and then stopping. She knew what was happening and doubted herself. It was the most triggering thing I've seen in a while. I think she probably took the "toxic relationship" talk to heart too. I wish they would've just arrested her so she could call her parents to bail her out.

You know, if they had bailed her out it might have been from a distance and she would then have been in trouble with the law, still stayed with him on the trip and the same thing that did happen would still have happened. MOO. I wish everything had been different for Gabby.

Yes, and it's up to a jury and what they decide. If there is a ton of DNA in there, they won't believe that. If there's trace DNA on something, they might believe it. I don't know. It's all hypothetical.

Yes, and it's up to a jury and what they decide. If there is a ton of DNA in there, they won't believe that. If there's trace DNA on something, they might believe it. I don't know. It's all hypothetical.
I would not believe it either

I go back and forth on this, too. It could be that BL was initially going with my plan - hitchhike out of there and catch a plane home. Instead, he turns around and goes back for the van. Makes me wonder if he called mom during his initial hitchhike and she's the one who unwisely told him to go back for the van?

Do you ever wonder if when he went back for the van if he went and looked at Gabby's body? Or if he just pretended in his head that it didn’t happen.

I always wonder that and also why he didn’t pile rocks over her.

Just a thought:

is it possible that Gabby could have been locked in the van by BL at any point?

There was only 1 key - was it possible that BL could've locked all the doors from the outside and left Gabby in the back (or front), unable to get out?

Just a thought:

There was only 1 key - was it possible that BL could've locked all the doors from the outside and left Gabby in the back (or front), unable to get out?

Pretty sure that front doors can be opened from the inside.

Police called to Laundrie home four times before Gabby Petito reported missing – live

LIVE Updates

Is Brian Laundrie still alive? Former US Marshal fugitive hunter thinks so
Every man and his Dog the Bounty Hunter is looking for Brian Laundrie.

Some believe he couldn’t have survived the alligator-infested waters of the reserve where authorities have focused much of their search. Divers have even returned to the area to peer beneath the surface for any sign of the suspect in Gaby Petito’s death.

But retired US Marshall Craig Caine, who supervised members of the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force, told News 4 that Laundrie was likely never at that nature preserve at all.

"I think it was all a ploy. He had plenty of time to calculate those moves
," Caine told the outlet.

He said the “critical moment” was Laundrie’s parents finding his silver Mustang in the Carlton reserve, driving it home, and waiting three days before calling police to report him missing.

"You’re gonna leave your son out in the preserve with no form of communication and no way to get home? Does that make sense to anybody?" Caine told News 4. "I don’t even think he was ever in that preserve."

….

Florida sheriff says he would never have let Gabby Petito’s boyfriend out of his custody
A Florida sheriff has criticised police for allowing Brian Laundrie to leave his parent’s home while his girlfriend Gabby Petito was missing.

Grady Judd, the sheriff of Polk County, weighed in on the North Port Police Department’s handling of the case during a press conference on Thursday.

He said while his office was not directly involved in the investigation, he could “speculate” based on information he had gleaned from news reports.

Police called to Laundrie home 4 times before Petito reported missing, report says
Florida police were called to the home of Chris and Roberta Laundrie dozens of times in recent weeks, including four times before Gabby Petito was reported missing, according to a new report in The New York Post.

Citing new records provided to the outlet, the Post reports that North Port police responded to the Laundrie home 46 times since 10 September

Five of those were on 10 and 11 September, four of which were before Ms Petito was reported missing by her mother, Nichole Schmidt.

Police first responded to a “public service” call shortly before 4 pm on 10 September. They returned more than two hours later around 6.30 pm. Both calls were marked as “problem settled”, the Post reports.

Fox News reported that the second call on 10 September was made by Petito’s father, Joe Petito, who had “expressed concern”.

The next day, police returned to the Laundrie home at 1 pm and 4.30 pm, the records show.

Ms Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department in New York at approximately 6:55 p.m

North Port Police returned to the home at 8.30 pm for an “agency assist”, the records show.

Police called to Laundrie house numerous times on 10 and 11 September
The police were called out to the Laundrie house a total of five times between 10 and 11 September. Gabby Petito was reported missing on 11 September.

The police reports of the incidents have had their narratives completely redacted. While police reports may redact personal information, they very rarely redact the entirety of their narratives.

Without the narratives, it is impossible to determine what happened during those police calls.

North Carolina police respond to reports that Brian Laundrie is in North Carolina
Police in North Carolina have responded to claims that Brian Laundrie was hiding out in North Carolina.

Chad Nesbitt, a man who runs live streams on Facebook ostensibly billed as news under the name “Skyline News,” claimed he had located Mr Laundrie hiding out at a home allegedly belonging to his grandfather in New Bern, North Carolina.

Police have responded to an increasing number of reports from people claiming they have seen Brian Laundrie in the area, but said none of the claims have been substantiated.

FBI agents had small evidence collection container when they searched Laundrie camper
FBI agents appeared to have a small evidence container in their possession while they searched the Laundrie’s family camper.

The agents arrived on Thursday afternoon and entered the Laundrie home for a short time. After that they searched the camper, then returned to the house before leaving.
What really angers me about all of this is that the Laundries refused to cooperate with LE in regard to Gabby but expect LE to find their “missing” son and solve their problems with protesters. I can’t even imagine how aggravated LE feel when they have to respond to the house because the Laundries need their assistance. If they’re not charged with something for helping their son evade LE, I hope they, at the very least, will be required to reimburse LE for all of the manhunt expenses.

Just a thought:

I don't think he could lock her in the front. In the back, they made it so you can't access the front. So if the back had no way to open it from the inside, he could lock her in the back.

But, thinking on this, they wouldn't be able to lock themselves in for the night if they couldn't unlock it from the inside, so......

Until her parents knew the van was home they had no idea that Gabby was missing and alone. Once they discovered that everything sped up. I will never understand Brian driving the van home to go on the run in Florida when he could have driven that van anywhere and everyone would have thought they were missing together.
My guess? He called mommy and she said come home now …
JMO

You know, if they had bailed her out it might have been from a distance and she would then have been in trouble with the law, still stayed with him on the trip and the same thing that did happen would still have happened. MOO. I wish everything had been different for Gabby.
You think so? I would hope after hearing of the situation any parent would go in person to at least attempt to intervene.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

MOO

1) Unfortunately, any other scenario seems unlikely.
2) After 6:30p on August 27, the day of the scene at the Mexican restaurant.
3) and 4) I think they continued arguing off and on for the rest of the day until he lost control, grabbed her by the face the way she describes in the Moab video, and then grabbed lower and strangled her.
5) I would have to know a lot more about his upbringing, history, family life, etc. to even have a guess. But people who bully other people were often victims themselves, so that seems most likely.

I want to take a moment to say Thank You to Tricia for giving us this chance to continue this discussion thread.
I come here because the cumulative brainstorming power is like no other, WS standards are high but fair & welcoming.
I'm proud to be a member of this cumulative & unique sleuthing community & grateful for the abundance of time, patience and understanding our Moderators and Admins give.
THANK YOU! :)

I couldn’t agree more … thank you for reminding all of us how lucky we are to share our thoughts and sleuth with so many great posters. And a BIG thank you to the mods as well, whose patience has been thoroughly tested lately!

Just a thought:

From What I have read the back and front were not divided by a barrier that could not be passed. From a vehicle this new, you would not be able to force lock someone (front doors) inside due to safety concerns from the manufacturer. If in fact the back of the van was separated from the front then it might be possible.

I think this is old news to most of you, but new to my brain cells on duty right now—

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25
@wpbf_jossie

·8m
There are 46 pages of
@NorthPortPolice
records for “calls of service” coming from the #Laundrie home from Sept. 10- 27. 2 of the calls are from the day before #GabbyPetito was reported missing (3:38 p.m. & 6:29 p.m.)
View attachment 315609 View attachment 315610

https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1443711879117955074?s=20

The call reasons and information are redacted, but read ‘problem solved’.
46 pages … I wonder how many calls there were besides the two calls noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member