Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
The texting to various people by the attorney seems oddly unprofessional to me. Is this normal?
no- IMO- I’ve worked with lawyers for many years and they are loathe to put anything in writing and are very careful- never have I seen them text anything to a client or anyone else - but then ours are a bit “old school” they don’t use “real” cell phones with plans but what many here on WS call “burner phones” - Walmart smartphone and minutes so the phone can’t be tracked apparently.

@WFLAJustin

North Port Police spokesperson tells
@WFLANiko
that Gabby’s mom Nichole Schmidt made these calls on Sept. 10, but officers did not respond to the Laundrie home on Wabasso Ave. until the next day after missing person report was filed with Suffolk County PD in NY

How were the calls settled then? Hmmmm

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

For me it’s
1). Yes
2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness. It was like a last straw on the trip in his mind. I also feel he is psychotic.
4) Yes thought about it for some length of time however short. Deliberately delivered a blow.
5) Spoiled by mother who overlooks all his faults. Fruit and trees scenario. MOO

1. yes, BL killed her, no doubt in my mind
2. August 27/28
3. His physical abuse of Gabby escalated
4. Not planned in advance but premeditation can be formed in the moment, so in the moment yes I think there was premeditation
5. Well that’s a hard one. Controlling, jealousy, insecurity.. possible Narcissistic Personality Disorder. What made him that way who knows, I don’t know enough about his family dynamics growing up

All MOO of course

Regarding the Merry Piglets incident, she was crying at the restaurant. IMO she would have kept crying and at some point said she couldn't do this anymore. He couldn't stand that she could continue on the trip with her friend RD, she could see Washington, she could still record it for social media without him, and he'd head home to FL alone. My guess is early am hours on the 28th or 29th. In this scenario the Stan text could have been while she was alive but he was in possession of her phone so she couldn't call her parents or RD to set up a plan to leave him. MOO.

I think this is old news to most of you, but new to my brain cells on duty right now—

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25
@wpbf_jossie

·8m
There are 46 pages of
@NorthPortPolice
records for “calls of service” coming from the #Laundrie home from Sept. 10- 27. 2 of the calls are from the day before #GabbyPetito was reported missing (3:38 p.m. & 6:29 p.m.)
View attachment 315609 View attachment 315610

https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1443711879117955074?s=20

The call reasons and information are redacted, but read ‘problem solved’.
Sounds like they're fairly irked with their situation. MOO

1. Yes, i believe BL killed GP.
2. I think the night of August 29th-night of 30th. I believe he left quickly after what he did I cannot see him staying with her body after he killed him
3. I think the relationship was degenerating. They were getting on each other’s nerves. BL was taking increasingly more walks and trips from campsite alone. I think they were going to be breaking up
4. I think they got into a fight that got physical, and BL went too far accidentally. I do not believe he intended to kill her
5. He was not a highly motivated person in terms of being self sufficient. Not ambitious , still living with parents, not really that smart or interested in education. Immature. A coward. But not a person who came off as mean or horrid to those who knew him. His friend and even GP’s parents did not see anything terrible s out him.

I think Gabby was killed on the 27th - MOO, and here's why.

Like the posts before me, this too is speculation only:

I think something happened on the way to Yellowstone. The Victor, Idaho merchant stated that they told her on the 25th or 26th that they were headed to YSNP and she advised them to enter by the west entrance.
Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News This entrance would be via West Yellowstone, MT. Google Maps

MOO and speculation: They could have been in Victor, ID on either the 25th or the 26th and this speculative timeline might still work since Victor, ID is only 1.5 hrs from Spread Creek per Google maps.

Something happened between them after they left the shop in Victor, ID that made them turn back. Don't know if it was right away, or further along the route to YS, but Jessica Schultz saw the van back at Spread Creek on the evening of the 26th. Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Again with the MOO and speculation and IMO caveats, whatever it was that occurred between them may have still been festering on the 27th - through their time at Merry Piglets TexMex.

Speculative conclusion: whatever happened to Gabby happened on the 27th or the latest the 28th. By the 29th he was already trying to discard evidence, cover his tracks, set up alibis, and hitch rides back, and departing for North Port, FL. MOO, JMO, IMO, and all other acronyms to convey this is not being stated as fact.

Oh boy, the last time I wrote about the police "incident" on the 10th I had a handful of WS's correct me and ask me why I was bringing something up that was debunked. Welcome back to the real world. If it was simply a welfare check, they would not be so heavily redacted. IMO MOO
Then why would the NPPD deny it, do you think? They have said several times that Mr Petito was not physically present. MOO.

May I say something?

This has struck such a nerve with me. The body cam video broke my heart. I am horrified anyone saw anything but a terrified woman. I avoid true crime stories. Most trigger me, but this one, while triggering me immencly, This whole case has consumed me. I think it may strike a nerve with a lot of women, which is why this case has struck a chord with so many people. It is honestly very depressing a heartbreaking.

Hi everyone! Haven't posted in years, but it has really been bothering me that the police in Moab described GP as being "hysterical" and what was it, "a mental health breakdown" IIRC. I am very offended by that along with other things you all have noted. Women cry and are emotional, its normal when they are upset or overwhelmed. If anything, it should have been a flag to them, as I rewatched the first 4 minutes, and she blamed herself the whole time, and was having trouble explaining what caused the argument. And of course they totally missed that while BL was blaming her too, they didn't ask any questions about how he went about telling her to "taking a walk to calm down", but he asked what SHE said. Plus inconsistent that BL's hand was shaking like a leaf, but he was all cool acting. MOO

You think so? I would hope after hearing of the situation any parent would go in person to at least attempt to intervene.

Unfortunately I do. Because Gabby would have downplayed it on the phone to her parents and kept making excuses for BL. Something triggered her after the Moab incident but it didn’t catch fire in her until the Merry Piglets incidents JMO.

It would. Something seems off that Gabby's dad lived right there in Florida, yet had never been to the Laundries' house where Gabby was living. That seems odd. Not to even help her move in or visit her after she moved down there? Very odd.

I was married for 16 years and my parents never met ex-h's mom and only met his dad once. We all lived in the same area.
There were clearly some deep issues within his family and probably some even darker things I never came to know, so I think it was purposeful that the effort was not made. I always felt something was amiss so I didn't push it, and frankly I myself did not see them often/no invites to engage in family stuff. But ex-h saw my family all the time.
Could be something weird on either side, I suppose, but it would have been on BL or GP to facilitate that, and it seems neither did and both probably had some sort of idea why.

Wasn’t it reported that he locked her out and she climbed in from the roof ?

Oh, I didn't read that.

Did the van have a sunroof then? That's what she climbed through?

Every single day must've been a struggle for Gabby. I can't bear the thought of it.
Occasionally, BL must've posed for a photo or quick video, then he went back to his real self. Ugh.

Because nothing to date points to anyone else being involved. If there were witness statements, anything at all to suggest a suspect other than Brian, this board would be discussing that.
In full respect, I seriously would like to understand this...
Why aren't we discussing and questioning what you just stated?

There appears to be next to NO ONE that knows or has seen ANY these people ever over the course of their entire lives, yet many of us have access to resources, while not FBI level AT ALL, that could be shared and discussed but don't align with tenets of this space, which is fine, respected and understood.

You can about count on nearly two hands the people we are given information here in which to debate.

Why is that?!?!? Is this really humanly possible that there are no other witnesses or people familiar with these families? Again, just a question.

If not, why does it APPEAR to be the case? Why aren't we seeking additional information and insight? Why are we content debating camper tops that have nothing to do with Gabby's actual homicide and how the mother of a MISSING child pulls her hat down when she gets in her car? Sigh.

I personally feel like there is just so much we don't know, and I worry that we are inadvertently causing harm to innocent people as a result of such. Not at all intentional on our part, since we don't know what we don't know. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Gabby was killed on the 27th - MOO, and here's why.

Like the posts before me, this too is speculation only:

I think something happened on the way to Yellowstone. The Victor, Idaho merchant stated that they told her on the 25th or 26th that they were headed to YSNP and she advised them to enter by the west entrance.
Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News This entrance would be via West Yellowstone, MT. Google Maps

MOO and speculation: They could have been in Victor, ID on either the 25th or the 26th and this speculative timeline might still work since Victor, ID is only 1.5 hrs from Spread Creek per Google maps.

Something happened between them after they left the shop in Victor, ID that made them turn back. Don't know if it was right away, or further along the route to YS, but Jessica Schultz saw the van back at Spread Creek on the evening of the 26th. Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Again with the MOO and speculation and IMO caveats, whatever it was that occurred between them may have still been festering on the 27th - through their time at Merry Piglets TexMex.

Speculative conclusion: whatever happened to Gabby happened on the 27th or the latest the 28th. By the 29th he was already trying to discard evidence, cover his tracks, set up alibis, and hitch rides back. MOO, JMO, IMO, and all other acronyms to convey this is not being stated as fact.
All very similar to what I’ve been considering - I think it may have been a prolonged beating as in he started with slapping and liked the feeling and it escalated - I think he left her to die and didn’t think twice about her at all after he made that decision- then called his mom and she said come home - I do wonder if he said I don’t have any money and someone suggested to him just use Gabbys? I can’t wait to see the phone and text records
JMO

That's what my reference to docusign is about. Most large and mid-size firms implemented docusign, or hired a third-party vendor providing similar services, so that even legal documents could be signed electronically. Smaller firms maybe not so much. Did you have to have a notary? We were even able to arrange that service electronically, but I understand it was a bit tricky. I can see a smallish firm having you come in person to have something notarized, but I can't think what that might be in this case.
I was settling an estate and a trust - that involved probate and the county court. In Rochester, NY. Not a tiny firm but yes notary required from the county. For other business in Michigan, I was able to use docusign and transfer documents and resources.

Regarding the Merry Piglets incident, she was crying at the restaurant. IMO she would have kept crying and at some point said she couldn't do this anymore. He couldn't stand that she could continue on the trip with her friend RD, she could see Washington, she could still record it for social media without him, and he'd head home to FL alone. My guess is early am hours on the 28th or 29th. In this scenario the Stan text could have been while she was alive but he was in possession of her phone so she couldn't call her parents or RD to set up a plan to leave him. MOO.

This. I think he wanted her life. He wanted her money, her vehicle, her family, her friends, her future...he wanted all she had. But he didn't want to earn it for himself, and wanted it all without her. Ergo, I think he murdered her and stole her stuff. :( I think he killed her with the half-baked idea he could just step into her shoes and go one like nothing happened. Of course, once she was gone the reality of what he'd done fell on him like a ton of bricks, and he had no idea what to do except go home to his family.

I'm still open to other scenarios or other possibilities -he's innocent 'til proven guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare