Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1k was the threshold for charging. We don't officially know if it was $1001 or $20,000. Interpol does all sorts of things, such as cooperation in global drug movement. It would be easy to locate a person and just monitor.
Right, it's a door opener. I'm curious about something and maybe you can offer some input.

Let's assume there's enough evidence to upgrade Brain to a suspect, but they're not ready to make an announcement. If Brian is found deceased, how do things proceed?

BL’s parents did find themselves in a horrible situation when their son returned home Sept 1 (?), that they didn’t necessarily bring on themselves.
After that, They made a lot of bad decisions. Over many days:
-Not answering calls from Petitos (why not answer? Guilty knowledge?)
-Acquiring camper topper/planning trip
-Acquiring new phone for him
-And IMO lying about BL going to the nature preserve when police were looking for him.

To name a few

BL is a real piece of work, putting his family through this because of all that he has done up to this point.

IMO they must be in deep denial and are at a point of no return.

Right, it's a door opener. I'm curious about something and maybe you can offer some input.

Let's assume there's enough evidence to upgrade Brain to a suspect, but they're not ready to make an announcement. If Brian is found deceased, how do things proceed?
I really don't know enough to answer that, sorry.

If they've sicced interpol on him, start heating the oven for the goose. Please let's not speculate that he's in N Korea. "Four member states of the United Nations are currently not members of Interpol: Micronesia, North Korea, Palau and Tuvalu." Interpol - Wikipedia
My guess is Palau or Tuvalu... seems more likely here.

Yup. I believe she referred to that too. She wouldn't have a problem to say clean out the "storage." There must have been some personal issue going on that time that she doesn't want to reveal to the media.

I would imagine that sentence should have been finished by saying she assumed he flew back since that is what he does when he is upset with Gabby on road trips. But she stopped herself. moo.

IMO I think at this point it’s clear anything Bertolino says shouldn’t be taken as factual, but wow does he contradict himself. Yesterday he said Roberta, Chris, and Brian were all at the campground but today he says Cassie was there, too? I don’t know why he keeps speaking to the media when it only makes his clients look even worse, but I’m not going to argue with it. MOO.

I actually think he's in panic mode now and starting to realise just how out of his depth he is.

He needs to learn when to stop digging!

As an aside - is anyone else absolutely flabbergasted as to how on earth the Laundries have managed to pull this off!?

It's no mean feat evading capture from various LE units, SAR, officers on foot, search planes in the sky, bounty hunters, police tracker dogs, and various experts, not to mention the FBI for THREE WEEKS!

They (the Laundries) look so unassuming, so I can't wrap my head around how they've concocted what seems to be - so far - a very well executed plan.

I know we're not allowed to sleuth the parents, but it makes me wonder if they have a military background (or a skillset that would help in planning this) or if this is all just pure luck, and somehow they/Brian got lucky!

MOO

Paying someone $1 for repeated bad advice in a state where he's not authorized to practice law in a field in which he has no experience is a worse deal than paying a competent local attorney for advice.

Not every lawyer requires a $25,000 retainer. You can pay someone $400 for an hour of their time and get competent advice. I really don't understand this obsession with defending the objectively bad decision to have your friend LARP as a criminal defense lawyer when your son is being sought by the feds.

So much this. A good attorney could have given them all the advice they need in an hour: comply fully with all warrants, reply 'no comment' to all questions from press and police alike, and if they wanted, record a heartfelt video expressing grief at Gabby's death and imploring Brian to render himself up to prove his innocence.

screenshot of the video.

hth.

moo.

I do have one explanation for the shoulder blade bruises, based on classes in self-defense. It is not uncommon for a man to throw his arms around a woman (as if in a big hug, but with her arms pinned to her side), and then hold them as tightly as possible, in order to move them to a place where the assailant is more confident in what he's about to do next.

His right hand would have therefore been on her left shoulder blade, and it's likely his left hand would have been lower, on her right side rib cage, which we can't see.

Here's a review of self-defense techniques that shows a frontal hug/control position:

I don't think she says when she saw him. Maybe he napped and went later. Or maybe he didn't nap and went later. Or maybe he did see her on his way to his parents. Idk. But I'm not jumping to his sister is a blatant liar based on the very limited information we have. jmo
The lawyer said she saw him!

I actually think he's in panic mode now and starting to realise just how out of his depth he is.

He needs to learn when to stop digging!

As an aside - is anyone else absolutely flabbergasted as to how on earth the Laundries have managed to pull this off!?

It's no mean feat evading capture from various LE units, SAR, officers on foot, search planes in the sky, bounty hunters, police tracker dogs, and various experts, not to mention the FBI for THREE WEEKS!

They (the Laundries) look so unassuming, so I can't wrap my head around how they've concocted what seems to be - so far - a very well executed plan.

I know we're not allowed to sleuth the parents, but it makes me wonder if they have a military background (or a skillset that would help in planning this) or if this is all just pure luck, and somehow they/Brian got lucky!

MOO

belly of a gator is a pretty good place to hide

"Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he IS"

1) having one of his anxiety breakdowns
2) needing to be around Mommy
3) tired of staying in a tent
If they try to use anxiety as a defense in this case, that will be a travesty. Anxiety issues are so common and easily controlled with medication. Plus most people with anxiety are not abusive partners or killers!!! No jury is going to buy that as a defense.

I don't think she says when she saw him. Maybe he napped and went later. Or maybe he didn't nap and went later. Or maybe he did see her on his way to his parents. Idk. But I'm not jumping to his sister is a blatant liar based on the very limited information we have. jmo
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443987479720255499
1/2 More from Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino: “Cassie saw her brother Brian on September 01 when he stopped by her home and again on September 6 at Fort De Soto Park.

She says she didn't know the van was back.

BL is a real piece of work, putting his family through this because of all that he has done up to this point.

IMO they must be in deep denial and are at a point of no return.

I'm just going to say this: they're used to it. They've been doing this since he was a kid. IMO. I would love to know more about his school days and I'm kind of surprised that none of his high school or elementary school friends have come forward with anything. Maybe they're scared too. Maybe he didn't have any. Maybe he was partly homeschooled. Maybe he was homeschooled a lot. I would love to know.

In my opinion, the Laundrie family's attorney isn't playing word games or baiting the media. He's out of his element with this case. It's my guess there's a friendship here and lowered fees. I question whether they'd be able to afford someone more equipped to handle their case.

All I can say is that he must really really really LOVE this family, because he's going so far toward ethical and malpractice issues, they apparently mean more to him than his license to practice. Nevermind his reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member