Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

I suppose she could have been on her way home and she wrecked her car and then tried to walk back to MB and died. I’m not sure why the license plate was missing though.

Does Florida issue paper plates with newly purchased cars? Maybe the car was a recent purchase and had a paper plate which would have been consumed when the car burned.

So the article with the quote "... Wahl had last been seen on Sept. 19, when she was detained by police in Myrtle Beach after being denied service at a rental store for not wearing shoes ..." everyone was commenting about is not there anymore.

It now says "Wahl had last been seen on Sept. 19, when she was denied service at a rental store for not wearing shoes."

This was the first time I saw it so I never saw it say the "when she was detained" part but many commented on it so it must have been there unless no one read the article and just went off that what the original post said. Does anyone know for sure they saw that in the article and if so, weird they removed it?

Yes it was there. Saw the earlier version and it has indeed been edited.

edit.png

Source

[edit: added the source]

The time of that theft is between Sept 17 and 18 when SW was presumably in Florida. There is a notation in the Sept 19 incident report which I believe is related to SW. Incident report #LW210118355 Missing person.

But to my knowledge, we don't know exactly when she arrived in MB or how long she had been there before she disappeared. If anyone has info on this please correct me!

So the article with the quote "... Wahl had last been seen on Sept. 19, when she was detained by police in Myrtle Beach after being denied service at a rental store for not wearing shoes ..." everyone was commenting about is not there anymore.

It now says "Wahl had last been seen on Sept. 19, when she was denied service at a rental store for not wearing shoes."

This was the first time I saw it so I never saw it say the "when she was detained" part but many commented on it so it must have been there unless no one read the article and just went off that what the original post said. Does anyone know for sure they saw that in the article and if so, weird they removed it?

I just clicked on that story link and yes, that specific text you reference was edited after I had posted the original story excerpt. Very bad that the reporter did not explicitly issue a "CORRECTION" notice to notate the change in his text. Guaranteed I will not be citing SCNow in the future.

But to my knowledge, we don't know exactly when she arrived in MB or how long she had been there before she disappeared. If anyone has info on this please correct me!

That is a good theory. Her mom hasn't actually said when SW left to go to MB. We are all assuming that she left sometime on Sept 18. We don't even know whether Sheridan lived with her mom.

Just brainstorming another scenario ...

Was SW trying to physically escape someone(s) after 1pm 9/19? A high-speed chase might explain the insanely short timeline from the 1pm FaceTime call to 2pm burning car. In my view, she would have been going at a very high rate of speed to make such a long, clean, straight swath through that tall cornfield, what with all the bumpy dirt rows and 'blind' driving. (Whoever) drove through that field was flying. It appears the only thing that stopped her was the ditch. Then, did her pursuer catch up to her? OR did she exit the car and flee on foot into the woods? Not knowing the vast rural area, desperate to elude her pursuer, she very likely wouldn't have noticed Keith Lane's DEAD END sign, so when the road ran out she just kept going straight through the cornfield. Overheated from the high-speed chase, could the engine have caught fire and incinerated the car after catching dried corn stalks as tinder? (We've all read news stories of vehicles totally engulfed in flames due to accident / mechanical reasons, i.e. non-arson.)

Other observations -

I find it interesting that her body was found along WITH her sunglasses and hat. She was apparently fully clothed(?). Of course, killers can manipulate crime scenes. Either she died at the FD on her own or the killer went out of their way to leave those items with her (why?). If someone killed her, why in the world leave her at a fire station?!

If the perp(s) didn't want her car, didn't steal from her and didn't sexually assault her, that pretty much leaves accident or suicide.

When did SW arrive in MB and how long had she been there before she disappeared? 553 miles / 8-9 hours is a long, tiring drive for anyone, even a 21 year old. IF she had just arrived in MB on 9/19, why was she trying to rent a scooter? Makes no sense. My guess is she arrived in MB at least the day before and more likely, days before. Yet she never saw her father, who reportedly, was the reason for her trip. Sigh. This case is so sad and frustrating.

I just clicked on that story link and yes, that specific text you reference was edited after I had posted the original story excerpt. Very bad that the reporter did not explicitly issue a "CORRECTION" notice to notate the change in his text. Guaranteed I will not be citing SCNow in the future.
I find this interesting because I had actually emailed the writer of that article to ask for more clarification and he didn’t respond. Guess I made him edit?

In addition to that, the transcript from the call:

Caller: “I’m going to need the sheriff’s department to 630 West Highway 378. We have found a body on our property.”
Dispatcher: “Oh my gosh.”
Caller: “…behind the fire station.”
Dispatcher: “Behind the fire station?”
Caller: “Mhmm.”

Caller: “We’re going to need the car and all that, too.”
Dispatcher: “Okay. Was it wrapped or anything or just laying out?”
Caller: “Nope, she’s just laid out on the, laid out on the grass.”
Dispatcher: “Oh, my, okay, alright, I will go ahead and have them head that way.”
Caller: “Okay”
Dispatcher: “Alright, thank you.”

Source

It almost seems like the only way this happened, with the tight timeline, is that Sheridan staged this and then committed suicide by falling off the backside of the fire station tower. Autopsy is critical in understanding this.

That would be an absurdly disproportionate escalation and quite the nihilistic flair for the dramatic, but I suppose it is possible given the timeline. The IG post is the key to all of it, IMO.

I would think that if she fell off the backside of the fire station tower there would've been obvious signs of physical trauma that (likely) led to COD. That we didn't hear of any of that leads me to believe that she was either dumped by a perp and LE is withholding key details of her death on purpose, or she walked back there after whimsically staging this extravagant suicide in the middle of nowhere, and passed away from being under the influence.

JMO.

She could of climbed the fire tower to get a better view of where she was and where she needed to go or to escape somebody and then fell to her death.
I can see her falling off of the tower but how did she walk 8 miles after wrecking her car only to climb the tower rather than going right to the fire station? There’s a picture of the tower and the fire station and they are literally right next to each other. The tower is right behind the fire station. I’ll have to find the pic to post.

Beginning to wonder if something is off in the reported timeline, for whatever reason, and LE has not yet corrected the record. If the reported timeline is in fact correct, it just seems way too tight to accommodate a huge swath of plausible theories. A tight timeline really narrows down the sequence of events and possibilities.

Perhaps the facetime call with mom occurred earlier? Or in a different location? Things don't add up, based on info that has been released so far. If we expand the timeline a bit and consider that it may be incorrect, I could see plausible scenarios where maybe she was with a man on the fire tower (for whatever reason), she fell and suffered a fatal injury. It's also possible the man took her to the fire tower against her will and assaulted her. Then the man left her at the fire tower and drove her car to the cornfield, removed identifiers, and torched it. This general scenario has been my feeling from the beginning, with some latitude for sequence and timing of events. Also still think she was with a man who is LE/first responder type of person. Echoes of Sarah Everard.

just my opinion.

Not knowing the vast rural area, desperate to elude her pursuer, she very likely wouldn't have noticed Keith Lane's DEAD END sign, so when the road ran out she just kept going straight through the cornfield.

snipped for focus

My impression is that the car wasn't driven up Keith Lane. Based on the image of the trail that the car plowed through the cornfield, it seems that the car drove into the field directly from Hwy 378, further west of Keith Lane by about 100 yards.

Google Maps

When they say the VIN had been obscured what does this mean? I’m clueless about cars. Where is the VIN and what would it take to obscure it?

When they say the VIN had been obscured what does this mean? I’m clueless about cars. Where is the VIN and what would it take to obscure it?

That's a great question. At first I thought it was intentionally obscured, but now I wonder if it was simply obscured as a result of the fire.
If it was intentionally obscured, I just don't think that Sheridan's mindset would have been a factor and the case is likely foul play (or, at a minimum, the result of someone else being involved in an escapade that accidentally led to death).
If it was due to fire, then I am more open to believing that SW was the driver and had a mental break.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back