Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he doesn't have to "fit in" to a group (most homeless don't like each other, it's not a regular community). Among the homeless are *so* many people who are avoidant or non-social. Why would he have to fit in?

All he has to do is learn how to do it and adapt. Same with trail living. He was already considering a nomadic lifestyle, also according to what he wrote - and did.

For a different view of how homeless individuals can (and do) develop a community and a society check out the documentary Lost Angels: Skid Row is my Home.

In a my city most homeless people have free cell phones. In urban areas homeless individuals are not necessarily disconnected from the world around them.

Sure. I was interested in where her body was found because I'm wondering what story Brian came up with to tell his family. If her body was very close to the van, he couldn't say she took off and didn't come back, because everyone would know he could have easily found her if her body was right there. I am very interested to find out what story he gave, and also the cause of death.
He probably never expected the van to be caught on camera. He could have told his parents Gabby decided to go camping with friends, that she needed time away from him, asked him to drive the van to Florida, and the friend would be driving her back to either Florida or New York. Imo

I don't think the parents or BL told CL anything. CL had to be curious about the absence of Gabby at the campground, but she said in her interview that Gabby and BL a pattern of fighting and then separating for a while before coming back together again "like normal couples do". She may have figured that Gabby and BL had some falling out in WY and BL came home. Nothing more and nothing new given this seems to be a pattern with this couple. She'd seen it all before.

I also suspect that CL was reluctant to press BL about Gabby and being seen as "on Gabby's side" because that probably drew the ire of BL. It's obvious that Gabby was close to CL and her kids, sending postcards and pictures and facetiming her adventures for the kids' enjoyment. CL moved out years ago and has her own husband and children. I doubt she knows exactly what was going on at her parent's house between Sep 1st and now.

JMO
I feel it’s totally reasonable for the publics point of view to be on the “side” of the murdered person

I don't think he even mentioned her death to them. He took off on the 14th and her body was found the 19th ? Until her body was found, they probably believed whatever story he told them. After he ran away and then her body was found, it should have occurred to them that he had lied to them, and likely killed her. But they are not about to say what they think to anyone. jmo
You think they didn't know she was dead or didn't know he killed her? Not knowing she was dead makes the hired attorney and ignored calls pretty suspicious.

Christopher Thomas Knight's parents never reported him missing either. He remained missing for 27 years in the forest, burgling campsites and the homes of people who lived nearby. I see many parallels in these two situations and the philosophy of both men. Brian idolized CTK and quoted him often in his postings. Brian is truly living the realization of his own ideal...a vanishing.
MOO
This is very interesting, I’ve never heard of this man. Also from the page you link:

Knight however resented being compared to Henry David Thoreau, instead calling him a dilettante because Thoreau only lived for two years in his Walden Pond cabin and his mother did his laundry, saying he was "just a show-off who went out there and wrote a book saying "Look how great I am.""[12]

I’m going to guess that BL is more like Thoreau and less like CTK. He’s going to resurface sooner rather than later without help. And I do think he is getting plenty of help.

MOO

Sure. I was interested in where her body was found because I'm wondering what story Brian came up with to tell his family. If her body was very close to the van, he couldn't say she took off and didn't come back, because everyone would know he could have easily found her if her body was right there. I am very interested to find out what story he gave, and also the cause of death.
If you watch the ksltv Chopper5 video of the location of the remains, it was across from the fork in the road. Then you can watch the Red, White, and Bethune dash cam video and get a feel for how far the van was from a fork in the road.

I don't know either but this one seems have an extraordinary amount of resources given to it, imo.

I am just curious as to why. And, I also feel for the families of others who are missing or murdered who may be watching and wondering why their loved one didn't receive this level of response (or even a small fraction of this type of response).

MOO.

The same questions were raised 25+ years ago in 1994 when we were all watching a white Ford Explorer drive highways around LA.

No doubt there are some "reasons" that certain cases capture attention (and resources) more than others, and some of those may be warranted, whereas others may be rooted in unfortunate sociological biases or those seeking money/fame/support for a favorite cause, or the well-placed tail wagging the dog, or political calculation.

But a lot of it is just happenstance, the right people taking an interest at the right time, a "good" or outrageous storyline, or a general mass identification with one or the other of the principal players.

I think you can find all of the above in this situation. I could wrap this into a larger theory or observation of humanity, human nature, or any number of philosophical or political concepts, but in case I go missing in sensational circumstances one day, I'm not sure I want my whole psyche to be analyzed through the lens of my off-the-cuff, typed-on-a-phone musings. :rolleyes:

I don't think he even mentioned her death to them. He took off on the 14th and her body was found the 19th ? Until her body was found, they probably believed whatever story he told them. After he ran away and then her body was found, it should have occurred to them that he had lied to them, and likely killed her. But they are not about to say what they think to anyone. jmo

I agree. My post wasn't clear. I meant, if her body was close to the van, he couldn't (if he's smart -- I know, I know) give a story about her leaving and not coming back because (a) he could have easily found her body when he was looking for her (which he would have to say he did, obviously), and (b) that would become clear to everyone as soon as her body was found -- which would be quickly if it was 15 feet of the road near a camp site in a very busy camp ground, imo. If her body is further away, however, he might be able to say she took of and he couldn't find her, and that wouldn't be immediately proven 100% false to his entire family when her body is found some distance away. Iirc correctly, LE didn't find her body immediately. I wasn't following the case at the time, but I think I read that it took them at least more than one day.

Clear as mud? You're welcome :D

But how? If he shot himself, they'd have found the gun by now. Unless he picked a fight with a gator, there would be some kind of evidence, right?
We don't know what "intelligence" LE has that led them to the specific area they are searching, but I would think it's more than just the parent's word. It could be that he did have his old phone with him, or maybe they've found some of his belongings. Maybe the search dogs have picked up his scent. If there is evidence that is now underwater it may be hard to find. Imo

Into a parking garage at some law offices near by. They were there for a while. I don't recall the exact amount of time. They by all accounts did not meet anyone at the library. There are pictures of them while in there. Best I recall, they just meandered around, never picked up a book or anything.

Thanks. I recalled there being a discussion of proximity to law offices (among other businesses) but did not recall if there was any sort of "we filmed them walking into the stripmall Better Call Saul office" follow-on.

Audrey Conklin on Twitter
Police handing out ordinances/ explaining that they can’t use a speaker but have a right to protest
12:39 PM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
North Port PD shut down the protesters’ loudspeaker outside #BrianLaundrie home. #wheresbrian #GabbyPetito
12:54 PM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Thank heavens for that.. horrible for the neighbors with small children to be subjected to that awful repetitive pointless noise constantly

Ok that’s fine. But BL is already full of prejudices and one more doesn’t make much difference. Does it ? Anyway it’s from thread 45 if you want to find it.

Oh I forgot to tell you one thing, I never quoted him as saying he thought the homeless were an infestation; I only quoted him as saying he thought all of humans were an infestation. That is what I took from what I read. I thought the poster today was asking me if that was confirmed, and it was, that is what I was responding to. If the poster was asking me if some comment he made about homeless people was confirmed, then I made a mistake in reading that. I misread that if that is the case.

This is very interesting, I’ve never heard of this man. Also from the page you link:

Knight however resented being compared to Henry David Thoreau, instead calling him a dilettante because Thoreau only lived for two years in his Walden Pond cabin and his mother did his laundry, saying he was "just a show-off who went out there and wrote a book saying "Look how great I am.""[12]

I’m going to guess that BL is more like Thoreau and less like CTK. He’s going to resurface sooner rather than later without help. And I do think he is getting plenty of help.

MOO
IMOO he has had help! He doesn’t seem like the he man type, more like the artsy type. Mamas boy and very entitled!

But we all know that didn’t happen. He wasn’t in the library. They didn’t leave notes for him or money stashed in books. He wasn’t there. They didn’t call him. We know this. The FBI and the media was there.
Lol not talk to Brian. But to talk to each other!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173