Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that sighting of BL on Appalachian Trail is a true one, he isn't far from Summer Wells' house. What are the chances he tries to hide in that remote area? Could we all even get that lucky? :D

1 1/2 hour drive or a few days of a walk, and he's there!
I'm in TN. That whole half of the state is thick with wilderness and the further west you go out of the mountains, the milder the winter will be. I'm biased because it's where I've lived all my life but if I were going to hide in the woods, that's where I would go. Tons of hunting cabins to squat in or steal from too.

*I know the sighting today on the AT trail is not confirmed.*

However, if it is indeed BL I think we all know he’s a great actor and a master manipulator based on the Moab incident. I would absolutely not put it past him or SB to have planned something like this before he turns himself in.

I mean come on how far delusional would you have to be to ask for directions to CA from the east coast and talk about a girlfriend who you know is deceased. And would you be so delusional a month after the incident occurred even if you were in fact in a crisis situation mentally after GP’s death? I’m sorry but I’m not buying it and think it’s highly unlikely. This is more dirty laundries mess..

Hs might have started off feeling like a criminal mastermind but I struggle to imagine him being in anything less than a monumental panic now. He’d have to possess superhuman levels of self-control, discipline and sheer Machiavellianism to be trying to pull that sort of move off at this point. Suppose it’s not impossible but I do think we might be building him up into a character that just doesn’t seem to fit. I think he’s just a bit of a strange and cold fish, likes posturing and pontification, anger issues, probably very controlling and likely abusive with it. Doesn’t like being told no or taking responsibility for his actions. That’s my (completely amateur level) profile. I think he’s decidedly mediocre in all sorts of ways, and he knows it.

Gabby Petito’s mother tells Brian Laundrie ‘Turn yourself in!’ as she joins Twitter, tweets for the first time

Gabby Petito’s mother joined Twitter on Saturday, where she called for justice for her late daughter and demanded that Brian Laundrie turn himself in.

Mama bear is getting angry!,” Nichole Schmidt wrote in her first-ever tweet.

“Turn yourself in!”
she added in the tweet, which included a swearing, angry-red-face emoji.

Schmidt also said that Joseph Petito, her ex-husband and Petito’s father, “agrees” with her sentiment. She added the hashtags “#justiceforgabby” and “#americasdaughter.”
Can’t blame her. Her grief must be hitting hard now —and she probably had high hopes that he’d be apprehended quickly.

I'm in TN. That whole half of the state is thick with wilderness and the further west you go out of the mountains, the milder the winter will be. I'm biased because it's where I've lived all my life but if I were going to hide in the woods, that's where I would go. Tons of hunting cabins to squat in or steal from too.
Also, tons of game cams going up as we speak because it’s almost hunting season in these parts. ;)

Hmmm. I don’t see humans standing for justice in front of the Laundrie house. I see examples of anger on legs looking for an excuse/outlet to vent. Maybe they should get jobs & donate to the capture reward. Moo

Yep. Classic case of “if I yell loudly about the awfulness of others it elevates me”. No time for it at all.

Since you are not only a gun owner, but are also a gun owner who has practiced in the woods, would you kindly scroll down (to the middle, to the CS evidence photos) on this and let me know your opinion - I know all of us on the site have to be very clear that this is opinion only, so could you let me know your opinion on whether the center of these evidence markings on the tree are consistent with bullet holes, tree hollows, or not sure? MOO. And, thanks.

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser
Not who you were directing your question to, but if those were bullet holes, it would have to be an awfully big gun IMO

In this vast country of ours, so many places to hide. In plain sight, in a city, in an oblivious town, in the wild, among homeless. Also many empty houses, cabins, sheds.

Two thoughts:

1st - He would have to have a silencer of some type of she died from a gunshot wound. There was a long discussion here after GP's body was found about the campground being busy and/or "crowded" at the time the van was parked along the Spread Creek road. The Bethune video footage was made by a family looking for a spot to camp & they said all the sites were occupied at the time they filmed, which is the proposed homicide date, right?

Her body was not spotted for about 3 weeks (thank goodness for the Bethunes!), so I am not convinced people were roaming very close to where her body was found, which leads me to #2.

2nd - No cadaverine smell has been reported by anyone in the area AFAIK. It's wilderness and it doesn't look like there is an established trail system near the van or body. But, based on early speculation here about the number of campers in the area, wouldn't that have been noticed? I find that very odd if it is as highly trafficked as many assume.

Apologies if these have been asked and answered already. Until we have a confirmation she was shot, I'm not convinced the evidence markers mean much.

Interested in any feedback or clarification. TIA

MOO

Since you are not only a gun owner, but are also a gun owner who has practiced in the woods, would you kindly scroll down (to the middle, to the CS evidence photos) on this and let me know your opinion - I know all of us on the site have to be very clear that this is opinion only, so could you let me know your opinion on whether the center of these evidence markings on the tree are consistent with bullet holes, tree hollows, or not sure? MOO. And, thanks.

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

If the image is what I think you're talking about, dead trees get bored out by bugs and woodpeckers.

Can’t blame her. Her grief must be hitting hard now —and she probably had high hopes that he’d be apprehended quickly.

It’ll generate a whole new media cycle too, and without a presser in which they’d be expected to answer questions about what they have or haven’t been told by LE, and their views on the L family. They made it clear they didn’t want to do that at their presser last week.

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail
https://nypost.com/2021/10/02/brian-laundrie-may-have-been-spotted-on-appalachian-trail/
(Sighting hasn’t been confirmed at this time)
To Note:
•Dennis Davis, a Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
•A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
•the man pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

…..
•Davis is frustrated three calls to the FBI and 911 calls in both North Carolina and Tennessee have not been returned by law enforcement.
•“Law enforcement is probably getting millions of leads on this guy, but I am not some goofball out there doing drugs in the middle of the night, I am a highly educated professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500