Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it also says, "The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40. Davis, a father of four currently hiking the Appalachian Trail, said the Laundrie-look-alike acted skittish and rambled about being in a fight with his girlfriend."

Was Davis in a parked vehicle? How do you hike a trail and be in a vehicle at the same time?
You can pull up to someone walking/hiking across an intersection. That’s how I read it.

But it also says, "The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40. Davis, a father of four currently hiking the Appalachian Trail, said the Laundrie-look-alike acted skittish and rambled about being in a fight with his girlfriend."

Was Davis in a parked vehicle? How do you hike a trail and be in a vehicle at the same time?

This is why I thought there were two vehicles:

Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

I really pray that the sighting was really him. If he was seen in NC and then again by Pigeon River (is that what we’re hearing? Two separate sightings?) which one came first. And how would he think that people don’t know about his girlfriend?

If it is bullet holes, the crime scene investigators would have dug the bullet out, right? That would make the holes bigger? Idk anything about guns/bullets so I am just asking if anyone knows.

They have in crime novels and detective movies/TV series... ("she says, lol")

However, is it impossible that the bullet holes (if in fact they are bullet holes) have been there for weeks? Maybe it's a known spot where people go for a spot of amateur target practice.

This sounds like something…. If BL is on the AT he would definitely be appearing dazed and confused by now with no food etc. Why are LE not listening to this guy?

I’m confused…I thought the AT theory was that BL was on foot, hiking, living/hiding in the wilderness.

this guy was in a vehicle.

If this was BL, where and why did he get the vehicle?

Moo.

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

Regarding the latest potential sighting of BL…

IF it was in fact BL seen or even IF this guy truly believes he ran into BL, why isn’t any other media outlets picking this story up? I personally think it’s a pretty big POTENTIAL lead (whether it turns out true or not).
Because it apparently happened today, and has just been picked up by NY Post. I think you will see it on other news venues in the next 24-48 hours.

Hiker has ‘no doubt’ he encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail

I’d like to point out that everytime Brian has made contact with anyone it's for alibi building. Both hitchhiking circumstances were for this, and this could be as well in order to claim he is having mental issues and that he‘s not been aware this entire time that he has a federal warrant out for his arrest.

He feels the walls are closing in so he has to act fast and act crazy that he’s detached from reality.
But even if he’s on the run in a pick up truck they are talking about this on the radio. So it’s not like he can avoid it. And he’s gotta be stopping to fill up with gas and stuff, so how has nobody reported him doing that? I wonder if this Davis guy saw the tattoos..

I read orange markers were used by LE/forensics to create 3D modeling of the crime scene.

Sorry, I can’t find where I read this.
The TN report? Or the crime scene photos? They posted the TN report, but thank you. Here's the other, down toward the middle to lower portion of the page. The poster I asked appears to be signed off. If anyone else is a gun owner and has an opinion as to the marked holes I'd still be interested. Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

I really pray that the sighting was really him. If he was seen in NC and then again by Pigeon River (is that what we’re hearing? Two separate sightings?) which one came first. And how would he think that people don’t know about his girlfriend?

But in his " superior" -in his mind- thinking, that is the last thing anyone would expect the real BL to say, right?
Is he that arrogant? JMO

He’s just making stuff up to help avoid capture and to create a story. Pigeon River runs through NC and TN. It was recently badly flooded during Tropical Storm Fred.

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail
(Sighting hasn’t been confirmed at this time)
To Note:
•Dennis Davis, a Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
•A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
•the man pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

…..
•Davis is frustrated three calls to the FBI and 911 calls in both North Carolina and Tennessee have not been returned by law enforcement.
•“Law enforcement is probably getting millions of leads on this guy, but I am not some goofball out there doing drugs in the middle of the night, I am a highly educated professional.
JMO & sorry to be a wet blanket cause finding him is so important.
It was dark. If you have ever talked to someone from side window to side window at night, unless interior lights are on, what can you really see?

We've seen photos of BL wearing baseball caps quite a bit. Has anyone seen him with a bandana type do rag? I haven't but maybe I missed it.

BL's voice is not that distinctive IMO. Yes, the observer is no dummy, but there is a bias that begins when you think back on an encounter, ignoring what doesn't fit while magnifying what does. I don't like the guy's defensiveness - see prior sentence.

Did he call local LE? And if so, how quickly? That would have been my 1st call. Then the FBI.

Asking for non-highway direction from a state adjacent to CA makes sense. From near the AT just doesn't. BL doesn't want to be caught. I think this encounter was with a hoaxer who had had a few and wanted to have a little fun.

JMHO

'He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’

For some obscure reason this has made me fall about giggling helplessly, I can't do anything about it, .. 'me and my girlfriend got in a fight... '...

Brian admitting to being lost.. ... I can't see that happening.

My scepticism is growing having gone back to look at videos from CL house protest. Might be coincidence but it’s perhaps strange that the description of this vehicle from a sighting today closely resembles the vehicle parked in her driveway, also publicised today/yesterday. I’m getting so cynical and jaded in my old age.

To clarify: I’m not making thinly veiled accusations at CL, I’m asking if mischief makers might have spotted an opportunity to try and pile suspicion on her while everybody’s now looking her way.

Purely speculative: What if the markers were just spots where they had luminol hits? Like they already got a sample/swab from each area. We saw the number 16, correct? So many possible spots. And they then sprayed bright markers over those places (after evidence gathering, of course) to paint a picture of movement, to gain a more wholistic idea of what may have happened at the crime scene. If, for example she was being beaten and tried to flee from her attacker. The numbered bright spots might make the pattern visually easier to discern to the naked eye? Apparently the coroner returned to the scene for a 2nd day. So maybe he was reconstructing the events to see how it would match with what he found forensically on the body, before he made his determination of homicide.
Sounds like something straight out of Dexter.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member