Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even if he’s on the run in a pick up truck they are talking about this on the radio. So it’s not like he can avoid it. And he’s gotta be stopping to fill up with gas and stuff, so how has nobody reported him doing that? I wonder if this Davis guy saw the tattoos..
I don’t think in the dark he’d have the time or ability to see the tattoos, unfortunately. However I do hope LE put out a bulletin on this vehicle: if it’s not BL, we need to know. If it is, then nab him now before it’s too late.

He’s just making stuff up to help avoid capture and to create a story. Pigeon River runs through NC and TN. It was recently badly flooded during Tropical Storm Free.
I just wanna know where he got this damn truck. Did his mama and daddy buy it and stash it? Is that why he really came home to FL before Gabby died? Wish we knew if the truck had FL plates. I bet they helped him stash everything near the camp ground (are there any records that his mom/dad/sister/bro in law were at the camp ground before the early Sept visit) and when they went for Labor Day, Cassie was the third person in truck to leave and then Brian left in the ford.

Interesting. The F150 is the most ubiquitous vehicle in the USA for a male especially. Moving at night would be right. And the mental state would be what I would expect from him about now especially the disorientation.

I think even with sufficient supplies, the psychological pressure on him at this stage would be enough to warrant strange behaviour.

What I'm curious about though, is if he has a mode of transport, why isn't he further away than where he was reported as sighted by this witness? I'd consider that area to be far more risky than somewhere like Maine or Washington, for example.

Then again, we can't assume he's had transport the whole duration of his time on the run. Maybe he "acquired" it the past 24hrs near to his current location after he'd hiked to there on foot.

Does anyone know how long it would take to walk from North Port FL to the border of TN/NC?

Also, I'd hope that LE would be checking recent reports of that vehicle type being bought - or stolen - within say a 100 mile radius of where he's been spotted to see if there is CCTV footage for a positive ID of BL.

MOO

'He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’

For some obscure reason this has made me fall about giggling helplessly, I can't do anything about it, .. 'me and my girlfriend got in a fight... '...

Brian admitting to being lost.. ... I can't see that happening.
Yeah it was this morning, before daybreak. That fits IMO. Calling attn to yourself by flagging down a motorist? Not so much. IMO. But we don't know. And, every lead should be checked.

More speculation...

Has he come up with a story about having amnesia all this time? If it comes out that HE texted Gabby's mom about Yosemite (in CA) from her phone, is he forming an "out of my mind for weeks" scenario? Kind of like Tony Perkins with his dead mother? As in, in his mind, Gabby is still alive and has made it to California.

Rambling but MOO and just had to put it in writing.

I’m confused…I thought the AT theory was that BL was on foot, hiking, living/hiding in the wilderness.

this guy was in a vehicle.

If this was BL, where and why did he get the vehicle?

Moo.

Yeah, "like an F-150" is a problem for me.

If the well-meaning (I'm sure) witness had said it was someone's hard-keyed 70s-era flatbed pickup; then I might believe Brian had stolen someone's second/backyard junk hauling vehicle that he found with keys in it or something.

What sounds like a 21st-century vehicle to me? Not so much.

I really pray that the sighting was really him. If he was seen in NC and then again by Pigeon River (is that what we’re hearing? Two separate sightings?) which one came first. And how would he think that people don’t know about his girlfriend?
I’m so skeptical now. For all we know, this guy could somehow connected to the L family and is just trying to buy BL more time by sending LE on another wild goose chase. IMO

I’m confused…I thought the AT theory was that BL was on foot, hiking, living/hiding in the wilderness.

this guy was in a vehicle.

If this was BL, where and why did he get the vehicle?

Moo.
Because he is soft. I never believed he was some kind of self sufficient outdoors survivor guy. He is lazy and spoiled, imo. Everything I have seen about him comes off as fake, an act. He doesn't like to work. He is used to Gabby and his parents doing all of the work for him. He reminds of someone who would be a whiner in private. A man-child. He would not even hitchhike to get away from the crime scene. No sir! He was not going to be uncomfortable and unsafe. Then he made a mad dash home to momma.
Pbbt! Some live off the land loner he turned out to be.
JMO , nothing more.

More speculation...

Has he come up with a story about having amnesia all this time? If it comes out that HE texted Gabby's mom about Yosemite (in CA) from her phone, is he forming an "out of my mind for weeks" scenario? Kind of like Tony Perkins with his dead mother? As in, in his mind, Gabby is still alive and has made it to California.

Rambling but MOO and just had to put it in writing.
Well, IMO, if this was him, and he is still mentioning his GF as he did with Miranda Baker, that leads me to think he has a guilty conscience eating him alive. That or as you said, denial. MOO JMO

Yeah, "like an F-150" is a problem for me.

If the well-meaning (I'm sure) witness had said it was someone's hard-keyed 70s-era flatbed pickup; then I might believe Brian had stolen someone's second/backyard junk hauling vehicle that he found with keys in it or something.

What sounds like a 21st-century vehicle to me? Not so much.

f-150s are the most popular pickup truck in the country though...and the supposed witness didn't specify whether the vehicle was new or not...idk if this sighting is real or not, just pointing that out.

I just wanna know where he got this damn truck. Did his mama and daddy buy it and stash it? Is that why he really came home to FL before Gabby died? Wish we knew if the truck had FL plates. I bet they helped him stash everything near the camp ground (are there any records that his mom/dad/sister/bro in law were at the camp ground before the early Sept visit) and when they went for Labor Day, Cassie was the third person in truck to leave and then Brian left in the ford.
He’s a fugitive, a wanted man. Desperate. He could well have stolen it.

'He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’

For some obscure reason this has made me fall about giggling helplessly, I can't do anything about it, .. 'me and my girlfriend got in a fight... '...

Brian admitting to being lost.. ... I can't see that happening.
Now I am laughing, lolol! Maybe BL found some special grass out there, lolol!

Well, IMO, if this was him, and he is still mentioning his GF as he did with Miranda Baker, that leads me to think he has a guilty conscience eating him alive. That or as you said, denial. MOO JMO
If this really happened, could it be his way of ACTING like he thinks Gabby is still alive. He's been on the run and didn't even know, etc. (I probably need to look at the timeline and compare the announcement of her being found to him taking off to the swamp).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2