Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this was a new plan for BL, not thought of until very recently.

I guess I just can't imagine a person on the run telling anyone that they were on the way to California (or any specific location).

I would more imagine them asking the way to Interstate 40 (or whatever route he needed), if lost.

More speculation...

Has he come up with a story about having amnesia all this time? If it comes out that HE texted Gabby's mom about Yosemite (in CA) from her phone, is he forming an "out of my mind for weeks" scenario? Kind of like Tony Perkins with his dead mother? As in, in his mind, Gabby is still alive and has made it to California.

Rambling but MOO and just had to put it in writing.

I'm curious if he knows anyone in CA, I don't think I've seen anything about family out there. Unless his ultimate destination is Mexico.

IIRC, the text about Yosemite was written : "No service , in Yosemite" with the comma being significant, no? Obviously GP was not in Yosemite but to me, the comma indicates a pause or break. Maybe it's not significant.

How hard would it be for BL to link up with some of his fellow barefoot off-grid friends who might have no clue they're harboring a fugitive? He seems to like his hammock, going shoeless, eating raw etc. BL could probably very easily wander back into the woods and be among friends who would help him to subsist in the bush.

This is going from Chris Watts to Israel Keys vibes.

I can’t shake the feeling that family and friends may be helping him avoid arrest. I believe the death penalty is on the table in Wyoming? Don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but I recall reading somewhere here that a grandparent lives in North Carolina, and something about Brian in a Camry there. Could people be helping him?
I can’t shake the feeling that family and friends may be helping him avoid arrest. I believe the death penalty is on the table in Wyoming? Don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but I recall reading somewhere here that a grandparent lives in North Carolina, and something about Brian in a Camry there. Could people be helping him?
Is this the grand named Stan?

I'm thinking of the old and perhaps sexist adage about men never wanting to ask for directions. Then I'm thinking about this early AM sighting. I can't imagine why someone would want to make up such a thing and put their real name out there (Mr. Davis) if it wasn't true. And I cannot imagine someone in their right mind doing this (this being pulling someone over to ask for directions to California - sounds like the beginnings of a sad country song).

So, that leaves me with four options (my MOO idle speculation only):

1. Mr. Davis made it up

2. Someone who lives in that area was trying to behave like Brian Laundrie (after all, the story is everywhere) for ***** and giggles.

3. It was actually Brian Laundrie and he's actually gone over the deep end.

4. It was actually Brian Laundrie and he was executing a carefully (rolling eyes) move in the same way that he hitchhiked in the Tetons. As someone else said, setting up an insanity plea of some sort.

I think a few recent articles and/or tips bear re-reading/re-visiting in light of the FL Engineer's sighting.

First, GP's friend Nikki's account of GP and BL's relationship and the episodes in which he hears voices... relevant due to the FL Engineer's account of BL having heard from his girlfriend. Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal

Now recall the 8/12 stop and discussions of their issues, her anxiety, his anxiety, etc.

Next, the increasingly aggravated BL, e.g. at Merry Piglets.

Next, the Tik-toker Welcometomeltalk who posted about the girls in the parking lot who saw someone looking like BL come out of the bushes saying he had lost his dog, and asking them to take his number. You'll have to search for her on Tik-tok, as I don't know how to link that here. She seemed to indicate that this person was "off." This was a little over a week ago in the Boone, NC area...

Finally, the CL Cassie interview in which she said "I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that." I'm not sure what she stopped herself from saying, but it gave me pause.

I think this article is interesting, as educational background that may or may not be relevant. https://www.health.gov.bc.ca/library/publications/year/misc/Psychosis_Identification.pdf

That's all I have. This is my first post. I hope it is within the rules. Please let me know if not.

Did not know this. Thank you.
Pretty sure it’s been ruled out as a credible sighting. JMO
North Carolina Police Respond To Claims That Brian Laundrie Is Hiding At His Grandfather's Home

“New Bern police officers collaborated with the Raleigh branch office of the FBI and four FBI agents who arrived in New Bern to further the investigation,” reads the email received by the reporter. “At the conclusion of our efforts, we do not believe he was, or is, in New Bern.”

The video posted by SKYline News reporter Chad Nesbitt was taken off Facebook as the claims appear to have been disproven, but the police in North Carolina remain vigilant despite that.

I guess I just can't imagine a person on the run telling anyone that they were on the way to California (or any specific location).

I would more imagine them asking the way to Interstate 40 (or whatever route he needed), if lost.
From the article. If it really happened, the man in the bandana seemed to want to avoid main interestates:

The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500