Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am operating on the working theory that Gabbys death was up close, and personal. She was in his way.. I think she , finally, took the car from him, having somehow wrestled the keys off him, but her kind heart and good nature made her go back for him, and that was her death sentence, she would never, never be allowed to put him that position again.

If someone else put him in that situation, sure. To the Brians of this world, people are useful, or not useful. Not much in between.

He had her so terrified of being abandoned in the middle of nowhere, without a vehicle or phone that I think that is what finally made her snap and stand up to him. I agree it cost her her life, but he would have killed her eventually anyway, IMHO. It would have taken the help and protection of her family to save her. That is the only thing that saved my life. She could have never escaped him any other way. So very heartbreaking. I want him found so badly!
JMO, nothing more.

It always seems like directions on a phone or on our car's GPS automatically favor interstates/freeways. I've often thought that I would love a back roads option. Not for nefarious doings, but to see more interesting sights without figuring out what smaller roads are near the interstate.
Yeah, 40 would be the easiest option, but you can set it to avoid the interstate

You mean, considering that Dog went on TV and in the media telling people that he was in fact certain that BL had gone to the AT?

Yes, I absolutely agree there's nothing odd in people in that area then beginning to think they see him behind every Appalachian Trail tree and stump.

It's only odd if the two outstanding AT reports remain un-debunked, IMO; and it kind of sounds like the NC report has been so debunked already.

Well, you have to admit, he's pretty generic looking IMO. He seems like he could make himself blend in more easily than some. He has multiple diff looks on their IG and YouTube alone (MOO). That's why the focus needs to shift that things he cannot change: his ears are pointed at the top, his gait is distinctive (he walks with his toes slightly pointed out), his finger tattoos, and his front teeth are crooked. MOO

I am operating on the working theory that Gabbys death was up close, and personal. She was in his way.. I think she , finally, took the car from him, having somehow wrestled the keys off him, but her kind heart and good nature made her go back for him, and that was her death sentence, she would never, never be allowed to put him that position again.

If someone else put him in that situation, sure. To the Brians of this world, people are useful, or not useful. Not much in between.

I might get in trouble for this but BLs' high school year book photo reminded me of Dylan Klebold (Columbine) or Alek Minassian (Toronto van attack).

What about that lecture BL posted on Instagram about trees not wearing Apple Watches meanwhile, Gabby wore hers in a number of photos. Wonder if the watch has been recovered?

You mean, considering that Dog went on TV and in the media telling people that he was in fact certain that BL had gone to the AT?

Yes, I absolutely agree there's nothing odd in people in that area then beginning to think they see him behind every Appalachian Trail tree and stump.

It's only odd if the two outstanding AT reports remain un-debunked, IMO; and it kind of sounds like the NC report has been so debunked already.

Its pretty weird that DTBH would say that yet be searching for him on islands off the shore of Florida. Its almost as if DTBH doesn't really have a solid clue but is throwing darts at a board.

Its pretty weird that DTBH would say that yet be searching for him on islands off the shore of Florida. Its almost as if DTBH doesn't really have a solid clue but is throwing darts at a board.
oh geez I thought Dog was at the AT....jmo

Any normal person. But what about someone who is on the run from most of the known world who has had elevated adrenaline for the past several weeks?

I'll rephrase. Knowing you're on the FBI most wanted list and your family has told you that LE are searching for you everywhere with no expenses spared, why would you draw attention to yourself in such a way.

JMO & sorry to be a wet blanket cause finding him is so important.
It was dark. If you have ever talked to someone from side window to side window at night, unless interior lights are on, what can you really see?

We've seen photos of BL wearing baseball caps quite a bit. Has anyone seen him with a bandana type do rag? I haven't but maybe I missed it.

BL's voice is not that distinctive IMO. Yes, the observer is no dummy, but there is a bias that begins when you think back on an encounter, ignoring what doesn't fit while magnifying what does. I don't like the guy's defensiveness - see prior sentence.

Did he call local LE? And if so, how quickly? That would have been my 1st call. Then the FBI.

Asking for non-highway direction from a state adjacent to CA makes sense. From near the AT just doesn't. BL doesn't want to be caught. I think this encounter was with a hoaxer who had had a few and wanted to have a little fun.

JMHO

Either a hoax or a mistaken identity. BL doesn't exactly have a distinctive face or anything, and if it was dark, easy to mistake someone like that. And BL with a vehicle? I vote no.

What I'm getting is that a lot of people think he's a serial killer.
I am not a Tik Toker so I don't know how to link it. Since it is their account I know it's permitted (it's been linked multiple times), but there is a video, 3rd row down, 1st video, him at home (yellow house in back) Zodiac novel on table. Page 103 or something. TikTok

Hiker has ‘no doubt’ he encountered Brian Laundrie on Appalachian Trail

I’d like to point out that everytime Brian has made contact with anyone it's for alibi building. Both hitchhiking circumstances were for this, and this could be as well in order to claim he is having mental issues and that he‘s not been aware this entire time that he has a federal warrant out for his arrest.

He feels the walls are closing in on him so he has to act fast and act crazy that he’s detached from reality.

IMO, if this person is indeed BL, and if he is planning to try to plead NGBR of insanity, it's on par with his other supposed talents. C-grade and juvenile. If he thinks he can plead insanity successfully, he is extra stoopid. Not Guilty due to Insanity pleas are rarely ever used as a defense unless the client is very disturbed and likely dangerous. His (if it is BL) ruse for insanity again shows, IMO, that he is not half as bright as he thinks he is. SMH. Please note: IANAL, so JMO from all I've seen & read.
How many insanity defenses have we seen on WS, and how many were successful, after all our years here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member