Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any body else would at least wait until maybe , say, Bakersfield, CA before getting directions..

I'm thinking moonshine.
My hometown :) even then.. Bakersfield used to be called the armpit of the world but that was many years ago. He’d probably wait until the grapevine and ask someone in Castaic for directions

How dangerous does everyone think he really is to others? Of course he was a danger to poor Gabby, but do you feel he would hurt someone else?
I am operating on the working theory that Gabbys death was up close, and personal. She was in his way.. I think she , finally, took the car from him, having somehow wrestled the keys off him, but her kind heart and good nature made her go back for him, and that was her death sentence, she would never, never be allowed to put him that position again.

If someone else put him in that situation, sure. To the Brians of this world, people are useful, or not useful. Not much in between.

Edit. I meant to underline that he would be an extreme danger to women, women who pick him up, or stop to help him change a tyre, or give directions.,. men would be somewhat safe... not guaranteed, but generally speaing.

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail
(Sighting hasn’t been confirmed at this time)
To Note:
•Dennis Davis, a Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
•A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
•the man pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

…..
•Davis is frustrated three calls to the FBI and 911 calls in both North Carolina and Tennessee have not been returned by law enforcement.
•“Law enforcement is probably getting millions of leads on this guy, but I am not some goofball out there doing drugs in the middle of the night, I am a highly educated professional.

While of course I hope the guy was BL and that he's captured soon, I also feel a bit skeptical, more of whoever was in the pickup truck than of the guy who reported it.

As for how the engineer could simultaneously be hiking the Appalachian Trail and apparently in a vehicle, there are some possible explanations. He could have been driving either to or from a trailhead. He could have been hiking on the trail but not hiking the whole thing or a large segment, and for that reason, he could have been based in a particular location that he reached by vehicle and doing day hikes from there.

Like others here, I hope other media outlets pick up the story and get more details, and that LE/the FBI investigate as well.

Finally, if the guy really is BL, as far as I am concerned he is not welcome here in California.

JMO

So, the perpetually under-employed Brian has himself a truck? Couldn't afford an overnight motel stay...but he's got a registered, insured, licensed vehicle with plates in under two weeks? Interesting, if true. I'll wait for verification from LE before I get excited.

perhaps people in areas are hyper-vigilant due to the possibility that he might be somewhere along the the trail

You mean, considering that Dog went on TV and in the media telling people that he was in fact certain that BL had gone to the AT?

Yes, I absolutely agree there's nothing odd in people in that area then beginning to think they see him behind every Appalachian Trail tree and stump.

It's only odd if the two outstanding AT reports remain un-debunked, IMO; and it kind of sounds like the NC report has been so debunked already.

10 Most Stolen Vehicles in America [2020 Results]

Ford trucks are one of the most stolen trucks in America, for consecutive years.

Yeah, "like an F-150" is a problem for me.

If the well-meaning (I'm sure) witness had said it was someone's hard-keyed 70s-era flatbed pickup; then I might believe Brian had stolen someone's second/backyard junk hauling vehicle that he found with keys in it or something.

What sounds like a 21st-century vehicle to me? Not so much.

Attachments

• 8D5ECBA6-6467-4CEA-B9CF-5C4EC52C22E7.jpeg
    8D5ECBA6-6467-4CEA-B9CF-5C4EC52C22E7.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
The story is farcical. No normal person would give such an explanation for wanting directions. If anything, it would be more like, "Do you know the best way to head towards California?" or WTTE.

Any normal person. But what about someone who is on the run from most of the known world who has had elevated adrenaline for the past several weeks?

ETA does anyone else have the problem of accumulated quotes? It seems I keep turning them on in advertently and they appear when I reply.[/QUOTE]

Probably so but it’s kind of odd two separate recent sightings came from areas near the Appalachian Trail in TN and NC.

MOO but I imagine the FBI has a big wall map of the world with little red pins in it for reported BL sightings. (actually probably just on their computer, but I say it this way for illustrative purposes) If you replaced the pins with tiny LED lights it would probably look light a night time photograph of the US taken from space. The dude has a very common appearance.

While of course I hope the guy was BL and that he's captured soon, I also feel a bit skeptical, more of whoever was in the pickup truck than of the guy who reported it.

As for how the engineer could simultaneously be hiking the Appalachian Trail and apparently in a vehicle, there are some possible explanations. He could have been driving either to or from a trailhead. He could have been hiking on the trail but not hiking the whole thing or a large segment, and for that reason, he could have been based in a particular location that he reached by vehicle and doing day hikes from there.

Like others here, I hope other media outlets pick up the story and get more details, and that LE/the FBI investigate as well.

Finally, if the guy really is BL, as far as I am concerned he is not welcome here in California.

JMO
Yeah...please dont head north. jmo

You mean, considering that Dog went on TV and in the media telling people that he was in fact certain that BL had gone to the AT?

Yes, I absolutely agree there's nothing odd in people in that area then beginning to think they see him behind every Appalachian Trail tree and stump.

It's only odd if the two outstanding AT reports remain un-debunked, IMO; and it kind of sounds like the NC report has been so debunked already.

pretty sure news media was speculating that he might head that way before dog entered into the picture...

How dangerous does everyone think he really is to others? Of course he was a danger to poor Gabby, but do you feel he would hurt someone else?

A very wise person of my acquaintance once said to me, "Never underestimate the likelihood of otherwise completely inexplicable reactions being born out of white-hot fear."

"If you hear banjos, you've gone too far..."

Asking for directions would sound like he didn't have that burner phone for GPS.
It always seems like directions on a phone or on our car's GPS automatically favor interstates/freeways. I've often thought that I would love a back roads option. Not for nefarious doings, but to see more interesting sights without figuring out what smaller roads are near the interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa