Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've jumped backwards to follow this conversation line, but don't want to reply to a post many pages back. So I am asking this here.

Do we know who Steven Bertolino actually represents? As far as I can see he might just be representing BL's parents. When LE came to the door they didn't need a lawyer to prevent LE from talking to BL, all they had to do was deny LE access to the premises without a warrant. And then told them to contact their lawyer for any future contacts.

We don’t know. But LE does.

For those who want to see BL's distinctive gait (in case it helps in spotting him), look at timestamp 42:10 on the first full body cam video of the Moab stop. You can see him both walking away from the camera and then walking towards the camera.

Source:

I'll bite. But then he'd have to start all over again with another girl (assuming he got away with killing GP, which I assume would have to be the plan in a premeditated murder). GP was still his ready and willing victim. She left her mom with the impression that every thing was fine when they last facetimed. Why kill her?

Loss of control. Tipped over the edge. He couldn’t talk her round, she was leaving him? She had ‘embarrassed’ him at the restaurant? Wounded ego? I don’t necessarily think it was premeditated - I think he maybe just flipped.

Leaving him seems most likely to me. It’s a common trigger and a dangerous time for women in abusive relationships.

Unless they also broke up. Maybe that's what CL was going to say? "I assumed he flew home because that's what he did whenever they broke up". Just speculating.
That casual comment of CL's that BL always flies home when...Never mind, I don't want to get into that" tells me that BL has flown home before when he was in a situation where he was decompensating. We need to go back to July when this roadtrip started. We know he flew back to FL (without Gabby) at least once in mid-August. How many times did it happen other than that we don't know about. For CL to have so casually said that leads me to think BL has hightailed it back home via airplane when things got rough somewhere more than once.

We're focusing on a timeline that starts in mid-August. But what happened BEFORE that? Every piece of that trip needs to be investigated going all the way back to Jun/July.

JMO

Loss of control. Tipped over the edge. He couldn’t talk her round, she was leaving him? She had ‘embarrassed’ him at the restaurant? I don’t necessarily think it was premeditated - I think he maybe just flipped.

That's the vibe I get too, but I want to see transcripts of his texts, and what he researched on Google during that entire trip. It'll give a better picture of where his mind was at.

The problem with this is that he was not seen on foot. He has a vehicle. So he can be anywhere right now with wheels. The question becomes how, where did he get this vehicle? Is that sighting even him? Reports are that there are numerous alleged sightings of BL every day. This guy happened to catch the attention of the press because he did not feel LE took him seriously enough and he feels that certain he saw him. He may or may not be correct. I don’t see how LE can track down every single report they get.

But if this were indeed BL, in a vehicle, he can now be many mikes away from where this sighting occurred.

He'd have to stop for gas eventually...

It's called "duck footed". It can be a condition that someone is born with, it can be a result of an injury and it often happens to people who wear flip flops as a regular foot covering.
Duck-Footed, or Out-Toeing: Symptoms, Causes & More
From the link:
Out-toeing is not typically associated with painor discomfort. It also doesn’t usually interfere with a child’s ability to walk, run, or be mobile in any way.”

There are professional ballet dancers who would kill for his “turn-out”. Pro football players often take ballet to train their knees to work “in alignment” with a turnout because doing so makes them more agile & less prone to injury. I don’t think BL’s turnout is problematic for him, although his gait distinct/odd. Aaaaand now that his attention has been drawn to this, he can purposely rotate “parallel” and disguise his gait as well as ears, nose & eyebrows. All moo & ime.

It seems like everyone is looking in swamps or deep woods type of areas. I think the best place for him to hide is in a big city. With all the covid masks, he would be difficult to find.

Loss of control. Tipped over the edge. He couldn’t talk her round, she was leaving him? She had ‘embarrassed’ him at the restaurant? Wounded ego? I don’t necessarily think it was premeditated - I think he maybe just flipped.

Leaving him seems most likely to me. It’s a common trigger and a dangerous time for women in abusive relationships.
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought he was returning home to destroy stuff so that he could kill her.

If he does have a device and can access internet, he will know the extent to which his family is being tormented. Takes a certain kind of person to know they’re the cause of that and not want to fix it. What’s a little selfishness when you’re (probably) capable of killing someone though? Sigh.

I think BL made a commitment to help get that storage locker emptied and it was replanned he returned at that time to do so. The contract was likely up and they had to either sign for another year or get the stuff out. Appears that the parents made room in their garage for stuff.

If done well in advance, plane tickets could have been inexpensive and with points and again advanced bookings, GP’s room at the Springfield could have been cheap. My one son got incredibly low priced tickets and accommodations he made a while back though things are sky high now.

mit would be interesting to know exactly what all of this was about. I’m curious. But MOO, it had nothing to do with what happened to GP. Her family, his family all seem to have known about this trip and haven’t raised any flags about it. LE also not particularly concerned.

It’s what happened at end of August snd where BL is right now that is of paramount importance

Yup. Those still have to be resolved.

(BBM) you sure about that?

"Nicole says she wants to know where her daughter’s things are after Brian returned to Florida in August to help her father move their things to a storage unit. She asked why Gabby’s belongings were moved during their road trip and where they are now."

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/09/...d-and-family-ignored-her-desperate-texts.html

______

also:

"She also questions Brian’s trip back to Florida in August to help his father move his luggage out of the storage unit.

Brian left Gabby at the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and returned to Florida from August 17-23 to help his father empty the storage units he and Gabby had.

According to Schmidt, Brian’s father offered to have them keep their belongings in his house so that they wouldn’t have to pay for storage units.

Not surprisingly, she wasn’t alone in the van, as he left Gabby in the hotel. Brian then returned to Utah and left the hotel with him on August 24th.

Schmidt now wonders why Gabby’s stuff needed to be moved during their expedition, and what happened to her.

“Where is her stuff?” She asked."

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed - California News Times

That is what he does. He blames everything and everyone except himself. He never takes any personal responsibility. He can not even regulate his emotions. He also projects his negative behavior onto others. He did this several times in the body camera video. All jmo.
How long have you known him? Is this recent behavior or has he always been that way? I just wonder why in the world Gabby wanted to marry him. Did you meet her?

But his parents knew him. There's a reason he was still living at home, underemployed, dreaming and painting and drawing cartoons, reading scifi and thrillers, creating music playlists - these are not employable skills. These are occupational therapy, IMO. Gabby joined his team of helpers.
RS&BBM
This is why I think his parents probably knew very early on that something big and bad had happened to Gabby. Some parents choose to promote their children's faux FB persona, but I believe, all have a deep knowledge of their children's essence and their weaknesses. They knew their son.
If they didn't know the details by the time BL arrived home I believe their suspicions and anxiety must have been very high. So, I am looking for indications of how early they knew. But there's no doubt in my mind that they knew.
(Appreciate your logic and communication skills!)

If she no longer felt the same for him and he could tell that she didn't, he may have felt exposed. She finally saw him for what he is, mostly isn't, and as deeply inadequate as I think he is, JMO, he could not take it.
She had finally seen the real BL and she rejected him. His ego was wounded. Idk. Just a few guesses. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber