Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my very limited knowledge of what was actually going on, my theory is that Brian went to Florida to take a break. It had only been 5 days since the police incident--he more than likely made the flight reservations a few days before hand, so the plans seem to have been made right after that fight on the 12th. He may have used moving things out of the storage as an excuse, but may actually have moved whatever Gabby had left in the house over to storage with the intent that she would not be returning due to a break in their relationship. (There was a post earlier that LE had stated that nothing of Gabby's was in the house when they went there.) I would guess that when he returned, there was no intention of keeping the relationship in tact, and they continued fighting.

That is entirely possible but we have no information. Gabby’s family was well aware of this trip and whatever reason was given to them. It was mentioned by them. Yet they didn’t seem aware there were problems until they did not hear from her for nearly 2 weeks. I thought maybe lease was up for storage unit and several things needed to be done and it was preplanned he’d go back in the middle of his trip to take care of some things. So cheap tickets and hotel cost as it was when done well in advance. But no evidence of that either

Gabby Petito: Search for fiancé Brian Laundrie broadens: LIVE UPDATES

Police shoot down possible Brian Laundrie sighting in Newman, GA
Reports of a possible sighting of Brian Laundrie in Newman, GA could not be confirmed by police.

"We have not had an official sighting with the the City of Newman," Newman Police Department Chief Blankenship told Fox News Sunday.

not that it's really relevant, but the city in question is actually NEWNAN...you'd think media would better check these things.

Okay going by October schedule (may have been different in August) there is a direct flight from Salt Lake City to Tampa on Delta - one each day. Currently costs around $490 for a return flight a few days away.

Where is Brian Laundrie? Report of possible sighting on the Appalachian Trail

To Note:
It's now been one month since Brian Laundrie returned home to North Port without Gabby Petito. Questions are being raised.

Some of biggest questions still out there: What exactly did the Laundrie family know? And when did they know it?

"There's this period of time before Gabby was reported missing when the Laundrie family was together. Obviously Brian is now missing. If they did anything during that period of time to help him flee the vicinity of the county, the state or the country, they certainty could be facing charges," criminal defense attorney Alex Little told FOX news.

I believe the parents can only be charged as an accessory after the fact if they knew Brian committed a crime and it is shown they deliberately helped him flee. Would be pretty hard to prove.

If it's true that Brian was gone Aug 17th-23rd, not in Gabby's company at that time, then all of that footage she uploaded around then was actually filmed much earlier in the trip.

This also happened with Gabby's Instagram. She would post up pictures which were clearly from a different day. Apparently it's fairly common practice for content creators who have to upload something every day to keep their followers?

JMO, but I think she was missing Brian and it influenced her film editing and curation while at the Fairfield in SLC. She was looking back on happier times, perhaps?
A large portion was from their previous trip well before they had the van

Good point! I missed that!

5 days for 2 big men to move a storage unit? or move into a storage unit?

nah.

Something else was going on.

moo.
I agree. *If*BL even made that trip back to FL at all. I'm sure the FBI has confirmed this info by now but as far as I can recall, we only have the word of BL's parents that tells us that BL actually made that trip home at all. And their word isn't worth much - to me anyway.

Totally! Maybe Brian didn't even do it and he has totally lost him mind. They did both say they were a team in the full body cam videos. Seperation anxiety?

They aren’t a team anymore. If Brian is on the run and has lost his mind, it’s not from separation anxiety. He is running from justice and sweating puttyballs.

jmo

If it's true that Brian was gone Aug 17th-23rd, not in Gabby's company at that time, then all of that footage she uploaded around then was actually filmed much earlier in the trip.

This also happened with Gabby's Instagram. She would post up pictures which were clearly from a different day. Apparently it's fairly common practice for content creators who have to upload something every day to keep their followers?

JMO, but I think she was missing Brian and it influenced her film editing and curation while at the Fairfield in SLC. She was looking back on happier times, perhaps?
BBM. This is very common especially for Youtubers. Editing is really really time consuming, especially with the amount of content GP and BL seemed to be producing. FWIW I have experience editing for both Youtube and Tiktok and sometimes it takes hours to just edit 30-second snippets of content if it is being presented in a certain way.

I'm not sure how it would all need to play out but, depending on survivorship laws, what I had stated a while back was basically that I thought Gabby’s family should be engaging in whatever steps they need to complete to compel the return of any of Gabby’s possessions that they have legal claim to. The family has obviously been thru a lot here so I understand if this wasn't their first priority, but I also understand that the obligation may well lie with them to initiate any procedures of obtaining her possessions. I also feel like there may well be maybe legal considerations that come in to play here so I would love to hear the thoughts of one of our legal experts as well.

I agree with this. Painful and awkward but if GP’s family wants her things, they need to communicate , IMO preferably through an intermediary, to get them.

Sonnie Mason was working at a popular tourist shop, Victor Emporium, in Idaho, where she believes she saw the couple and spoke with Gabby on either August 25 or 26 in the afternoon. They spent about 15-20 minutes in the store. The store is located about 30 miles from the Grand Tetons.

Sonnie Mason: A girl came in with long blond hair, with a guy and they ordered a milkshake … and our employees had mispronounced her name saying "Gahby" instead of "Gabby," which is why it stood out.

Sonnie Mason: I noticed her flower tattoo, which I always liked, so we were talking a little about her tattoo.

She says Gabby talked about visiting national parks, with Yellowstone next on their tour. It was an ordinary conversation — the type Mason has with many customers. But one thing did stand out she says — it was Brian's behavior.

Sonnie Mason: It felt kind of weird because he — it felt like he almost prompted her to mention to me that she was engaged. And we get a lot of engaged couples and it doesn't usually come up that way. It just felt kind of odd like it was a reminder to her to be, like, "Oh look, we're engaged." … It felt like he felt slighted for her not talking about her engagement, or not like being excited.

Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

Okay going by October schedule (may have been different in August) there is a direct flight from Salt Lake City to Tampa on Delta - one each day. Currently costs around $490 for a return flight a few days away.
This likely wouldn't have changed from season to season - both of those airports seem to have at least one nonstop flight literally everywhere in the continental US. If BL's parents had miles I don't think that price would be crazy.

I wonder if he told her that his parents let him know that he could move their stuff back in (which makes no sense), so that's what she thought he was doing and that's what she told her mom. But the real plan was to move his stuff back to mama's and cram her stuff to storage. The trip mid-van travel was ridiculous, but it seems that everyone bought it without question. If she thought that he was leaving permanently, she wouldn't have been sitting in a Hotel in SLC for a week. She probably would have asked her Dad to fly out and drive her back, since she was uncomfortable with driving the van and traveling alone. jmo

"Hi son."
"Hi Dad."
"Can you fly back home and move your stuff (out or in) from the storage unit?"
"Sure."
What a hassle. You're on the dream vacation of a lifetime. The adventure to forever remember.
Now, you have to cut it short to do something as banal as move stuff? Something you can do when you return?
I don't know who's worse. Them for asking or him for returning.
What's with that?
MOO

As far as I know, the only thing that we actually know about a possible trip is something written on hand written note by GP's uncle concerning her timeline. It said "Brian went to Fla 8/17 - 8/23". And her dad bought her a pizza while she was in a hotel room during that period. Then later he or GP's mother mentioned something about a storage unit. If anything else with documentation has been presented I missed it in the 49 threads on this case.

We don’t know when he bought the ticket. My son got a cross country ticket in spring for $150 round trip. Same ticket is $500+ now.

I agree. *If*BL even made that trip back to FL at all. I'm sure the FBI has confirmed this info by now but as far as I can recall, we only have the word of BL's parents that tells us that BL actually made that trip home at all. And their word isn't worth much - to me anyway.
If you check out this link you'll see @acutename kindly provided a detailed list confirming Gabby stayed at the hotel.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

As far as I know, the only thing that we actually know about a possible trip is something written on hand written note by GP's uncle concerning her timeline. It said "Brian went to Fla 8/17 - 8/23". And her dad bought her a pizza while she was in a hotel room during that period. Then later he or GP's mother mentioned something about a storage unit. If anything else with documentation has been presented I missed it in the 49 threads on this case.

An aunt mentioned something too. Dad had to know she was in hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592