Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay going by October schedule (may have been different in August) there is a direct flight from Salt Lake City to Tampa on Delta - one each day. Currently costs around $490 for a return flight a few days away.

I priced it a couple weeks ago and it was much cheaper than that. Maybe around $290. Compared to the monthly cost of a storage unit it would pay for its self after 3 months. If they were thinking about continuing their vanlife beyond the end of the planned trip in October it would make since to fly home and close it out. But i have yet to see anything concrete that shows he flew home or even went home at all.

I am seriously doubtful that this flying home to move stuff into/out of storage ever even happened.

AFAWK….

GP told her family that BL went back to FL and everyone is taking that as truth.

there have been zero accounts of BL being seen at an airport, on a plane, or in FL during that time. Or of GP and/or BL anywhere out west during that time span (aside from her dad ordering her a pizza at the SLC hotel…reminder here…GP’s dad did not see BL and AFAIK..did not discuss BL’s absence during that exchange with his daughter)…if anyone has evidence to the contrary, please share.

I tend to think that neighbors would notice loads of stuff being moved into or out of a neighbor’s home. I know I do regarding the houses within eyesight of my front or back porch. They may not have thought anything of it at the time but now..with ALL that has transpired and all the media attention and protests on their street…I would think one or more of them would remember such activity.

so. I’m firmly in the camp that BL did not return home ca. Aug 17-23rd-ish.

JMHO and MOO

Sonnie Mason: It felt kind of weird because he — it felt like he almost prompted her to mention to me that she was engaged. And we get a lot of engaged couples and it doesn't usually come up that way. It just felt kind of odd like it was a reminder to her to be, like, "Oh look, we're engaged." … It felt like he felt slighted for her not talking about her engagement, or not like being excited.
Snipped by me.

Of course that's how it went down :rolleyes:. Heaven forbid MSM reporting a run of the mill ordinary conversation.

If you check out this link you'll see @acutename kindly provided a detailed list confirming Gabby stayed at the hotel.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

i know it was substantiated that GP stayed at the hotel those days. What isn’t clear is why BL took the break in middle of this trip. I think it was preplanned to take care of stuff in FL at that time including emptying a storage locker but absolutely no facts to substantiate. FBI could verify BL trip to Fl and back but what he did there more difficult to confirm.

A quick search of cost of storage units in North Port FL: 10' x 20' climate control for $315 per month, smaller 10' x 10' is $201 per month.
How much longer were they going to be gone? How many more months of storage would they have had to pay had BL not flown home to move things out of storage?
Compare that to the cost of a round trip flight between Salt Lake City and his home in Florida. And then add in the cost of Gabby staying in a hotel for what, a week?
Wow, I don't think his flight back home could have been to save money by moving their things out of storage, as Gabby's parents were led to believe, do you all?

I have some speculation.

What if BL's parents learned of the LE stop and had had enough? They heard BL's side of it, and said, "We're not paying for that storage unit any more." If that was their last form of cash aid, they may have played that card - and pushed him to come home to deal with it. I can understand that. They might have been hoping to support a break up?

Then, BL talks to Gabby every day, makes up his mind to try again, but now there's an extra stressor for him (and he's already beyond his limit).

It's possible that when he comes back he doesn't tell them what happened. And then, after the missing person's report is officially filed and it all becomes national news, he makes plans and flees (through one way or another, to include feeling suicidal at having lost everything).

I priced it a couple weeks ago and it was much cheaper than that. Maybe around $290. Compared to the monthly cost of a storage unit it would pay for its self after 3 months. If they were thinking about continuing their vanlife beyond the end of the planned trip in October it would make since to fly home and close it out. But i have yet to see anything concrete that shows he flew home or even went home at all.
Easy for LE to verify the trip.

Nope. I found no indication BL was ever enrolled in any community or state college either. No indications that he ever launched from his bedroom at his parent's house.
Thank you! I wonder why they allowed that. Plenty of parents let their adult children live at home, but it's usually with a goal in mind. CL doesn't seem much older, I don't think.

If you check out this link you'll see @acutename kindly provided a detailed list confirming Gabby stayed at the hotel.

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50
Thanks for finding that. I'm sure I've seen it before but, even with those details, is there anything included in there that factually confirms that BL caught a flight back to FL during that time? Can we be sure that he didn't leave Gabby at that hotel and claim to be leaving to fly home while he actually just took off- possibly even taking the van with him? (For instance, perhaps he told Gabby he was going to leave the van in long term parking while he was gone to give him an excuse to not leave it readily available for her use.) I don't have any actual reason in mind that the trip home by BL might have been fabricated by his family- however, I haven't seen or heard anything that can concretely confirm that it happened either.

They sure seemed pretty happy together in those videos, huh? And that was all after after the stop on the 12th.

Well, there aren't a lot of videos of them together after the stop. I think there's one from Arches that's kind of standard. Then nothing until Ogden (and it's a photo, of Gabby not a video, although it's possibly taken as a frame from a video).

Do you know of any other video? There's earlier video amounting to many. more minutes, some of which Gabby incorporated into her youtube's premier video.

I seriously hope police have checked every storage locker registered to anyone with a connection to the Laundrie family, because there have been so many cases of deceased people/evidence in storage lockers.
Since Laundries filed the missing persons report, and LE searched their house and got all kinds of stuff about BL during that search, It would make sense that any storage locker be part of the questioning since, yes, he could be hiding out there. Even more important when the federal warrant for BL’s arrest was issued. I cannot see how LE would let that go by.
The story is that they EMPTIED a storage locker. Not that they filled one. And they have a chock full garage now. So there may no longer be any storage locker owned by the Laundries.

I am seriously doubtful that this flying home to move stuff into/out of storage ever even happened.

AFAWK….

GP told her family that BL went back to FL and everyone is taking that as truth.

there have been zero accounts of BL being seen at an airport, on a plane, or in FL during that time. Or of GP and/or BL anywhere out west during that time span (aside from her dad ordering her a pizza at the SLC hotel…reminder here…GP’s dad did not see BL and AFAIK..did not discuss BL’s absence during that exchange with his daughter)…if anyone has evidence to the contrary, please share.

I tend to think that neighbors would notice loads of stuff being moved into or out of a neighbor’s home. I know I do regarding the houses within eyesight of my front or back porch. They may not have thought anything of it at the time but now..with ALL that has transpired and all the media attention and protests on their street…I would think one or more of them would remember such activity.

so. I’m firmly in the camp that BL did not return home ca. Aug 17-23rd-ish.

JMHO and MOO
You are so right................so NO ONE has reported seeing all the moving activity of dad and son in mid to late August. I like my moving scenario, but I think that you are correct in thinking it never happened. GP's mom , I believe, said in an interview, that they are not commenting on the storage story....so maybe FBI is hep to what really transpired and doesn't want that information to be public. jmo

If it's true that Brian was gone Aug 17th-23rd, not in Gabby's company at that time, then all of that footage she uploaded around then was actually filmed much earlier in the trip.

This also happened with Gabby's Instagram. She would post up pictures which were clearly from a different day. Apparently it's fairly common practice for content creators who have to upload something every day to keep their followers?

JMO, but I think she was missing Brian and it influenced her film editing and curation while at the Fairfield in SLC. She was looking back on happier times, perhaps?

I so agree. I think the entire emotional impetus to continue the vlog evaporated when he left. But he didn't abandon her in the wilderness and he didn't take her van. So, at that point, one could say we see a fairly...normal...break-up? Deeply emotional, yes, but so far, not far from what many young people have experience (although the public scrapping is less common - I think that day was filled with tensions directly related to where they were in their trip, from Gabby's work/van life point of view).

Lara Yeretsian, another high-powered West Coast defense attorney, said potential charges against the parents hinge on what, if anything, they told the FBI when investigators entered their home last month, and whether they misled or misdirected authorities.

"We don't have enough information," she said. "All of this is conjecture, honestly."

But if any charges are filed against the parents, she said, they might relate to obstructing justice or accessory after the fact.

Rahmani said he expects federal investigators have already begun subpoenaing phone records and other evidence as part of their investigation and that more serious charges against Laundrie are likely.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Could parents face obstruction, accessory charges?
Given that BL went "missing" (or hiding) on Sept. 14, that he was declared a POI on Sept. 15, and that GP's body was discovered on Sept. 19, and considering their behavior as reported, IMHO, I don't think accessory after the fact would stick UNLESS they are continuing to somehow funnel money or food to him. But IANAL. And I am not in any way excusing any of their actions; particularly not returning GP's family's phone calls and not reporting BL missing for 3 days. There's a difference between illegal and immoral, cruel, and cold-hearted. Pure speculation here, but I think they may have given him a sum of money and some food and told him that they don't want to know where he is. JMHO.
Edited: BL was declared a POI on Sept. 15.

Last edited:
So the storage locker is more than likely an excuse.
But for what purpose...?

If trip back was preplanned, the rates could be a lot less than than. Especially if someone had Marriott points. Or got through some online deal. Hotel rates and flights were diet cheap before the summer. They sky rocketed. I know because my son planned a trip early in the year and got astounding low prices that are now 4x and more

"Hi son."
"Hi Dad."
"Can you fly back home and move your stuff (out or in) from the storage unit?"
"Sure."
What a hassle. You're on the dream vacation of a lifetime. The adventure to forever remember.
Now, you have to cut it short to do something as banal as move stuff? Something you can do when you return?
I don't know who's worse. Them for asking or him for returning.
What's with that?
MOO

I totally believe that the storage building story was concocted by the Laundries after the fact. MOO:
Mommy bought BL a ticket to fly home, BL was too furious at GP to let "it" go so he went back, killed her and took the van.
BL gets home, parents don't ask questions because they don't care what happened to GP.
Dad called the lawyer, who, (alledgedly MOO, crime is not his specialty unless it involves real estate, alledgedly MOO), says the neighbors need to see BL being a good boy with Mom and Dad in FL- far, far away from Utah. "Oh, and be sure to stall the cops! "
"No problem, we got this!" says good 'ole Mom and Pop. This ain't their first rodeo.;)
BL bikes with Mom and mows the lawn. ( Leave it to Beaver theme music wafts through the air.)
The whole family including sis helps BL disappear and here we are.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members