Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO: There might be nothing that they can criminally charge the Laundries. They have been in close contact with an attorney and appear to be doing exactly as he is advising.
Assuming they are not as delusional as BL appears to be. Otherwise they need one that can spin the carp out of a spider. It is looking like a deceptive web. "OH WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE..."

See I disagree. That was IMO the most inconsequential, non-urgent matter to be attended to that would require a 7 day departure and the expense of a R/T airline ticket. Death of a beloved family member? Yes. To save 2 month's rent on the storage place by moving the stuff into the Laundrie garage instead? No, not for me. MOO though of course. This always made zero sense to me until now - until I consider that it might have been to force a cool-down separation. Again, not fact, MOO.

That forced cool-down - or a planned "intervention" to get them to break up could make a lot of sense. If they were this stormy a couple, and after all the on & off for SEVEN years and a probably an ugly close-up view living in that tiny house together, the Moab stop* & subsequent conversations with either of them, and Ma & Pa Laundrie might have just said son, you're coming home for a week, threatened to withdraw support or toss him out if he didn't, put him on a plane (or he drove the van? Or rented a car), put GP up at a hotel so GP/BL didn't freak out or think the parents meant to end the trip. Then he gets home, they put on pressure for him to end this/get help/whatever.

So if that's the case, maybe he did drive back at the end of August and told them something about they'd agreed to cancel the trip/she was staying with a friend, etc. So they wouldn't gave been surprised he was being weird and/or could make some sense of not responding to GP family call. I have a sense they didn't like GP all that much (just a vibe), maybe personality, maybe bc the relationship was so dramatic and toxic. If they thought it was that bad, they might not have looked at it as abusive but rather that it was a whole mess, even saw BL's dismissiveness as a counter to GP's high spirits and/or emotionality. Parental eyes on the situation, plus annoyed at living with the drama.

*Though there's been nothing to suggest RL and GP were particularly close, I wonder if GP called RL that day in Moab during the stop. A sobbing phone call in the middle of a police stop for suspected domestic violence, esp with the sobbing caller saying it was all her fault, talk of jail and court appearances...I could see that triggering the summoning home of BL.

The neighbors barely remembered anything that happened in September. Not many responded and they couldnt remember dates very well. Doubt they remembered back another month. Also those who spoke to LE likely asked not to share info.

Not surprised LE wouldnt acknowledge seeing anything of GP's. I would not if I were there. Just asking for trouble. Question would be what you saw.
IMO Someone would remember all the moving activity in mid to late august. If it didn't happen, of course, no one would notice! jmo

If BL is on the AT, should he be heading toward warmer regions (like SoCal or Mexico)? I imagine it'll be pretty cold at night in the mountains within a few weeks. I'm thinking he doesn't have cold weather gear as it would require a large pack and would slow him down (MOO - I don't know much about hiking).
IMO BL is not used to overnight hiking or spending extended periods outdoors, no matter what he brags. In a photo of him wearing a larger backpack, he evidently doesn’t know how to put it on correctly. This is, like, a Day 1 mistake. Y’all know a belt buckles in the middle in front of your belly, correct? Not BL! And the way he’s done his will make his pack list sideways on his back. Common sense: he has none.
The biggest limiter on the AT is food/fuel re-supply. Don’t forget, this is a guy who likes to eat at restaurants when he’s camping. :confused: A fire on the AT would be okay, but then there are people all around, with nothing better to do than sit around and discuss fugitive sightings. A fire just off the AT would attract attention.
For food, calculate about 2 pounds per person per day. The food bag tends to be kinda bulky, even more so if you buy those dehydrated meals.

Snipped by me.

And she replies "I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind picking them up for me"
The sad thing is, I don’t think BL gives two hoots about GBs dad.
imo
BL was well aware that GP was hiding the true nature of their relationship. He knew her goals and her dreams were on her #vanlife and he knew she needed him to complete it…at least until 10/31.
After looking at the picture more this looks like the same neck tat guy from the FLA game cam.?? At least this guy looks to have a neck tattoo too. He also appears to have a sleeve that BL doesn’t have.
I also find it hard to believe that if BL is wandering around that he is still sporting facial hair and a shaved head.

Hi all, regarding BL the sightings, his appearance, behavior, clothing. IMO. I think that after 4 weeks almost of being in the wind that nothing about him is predictable or can be compared to previous. I think his 'being lost, needing to go to CA, referring to a girlfriend' could be quite calculated. Avoiding the LE for so long does take some degree of cunning. I realize now, I didn't give enough credit to this calculating behavior over the previous time period.

At first I thought that BL, if it was him, was having some kind of a mental breakdown.

Now like you, I think it might be a calculated maneuver to get the search going in the wrong direction. We just don’t know what he might do.

I think the more people that are looking for him the better chance they have of finding him if he is indeed still alive.

Regarding the potential Brian sighting on the Appalachian Trail, I've seen some posters perplexed why he would risk flagging down a vehicle and motivated to get to California, and have said he's losing his mind as a result. It didn't make sense to me, either, until the topic of hunting came up in a previous thread.

Deer hunting season starts in October. I don't know how many additional people that brings to the Appalachian Trail, but it sounds like a significant amount from some of the other comments. Not only does this reduce his potential shelters and increase the likelihood of being seen, it also increases the likelihood of him being shot. The hunting season lasts until January, meaning even if he is able to survive it, the amount of natural resources he would have in the winter would be greatly depleted. With October dawning, it's very possible Brian believes the Appalachian Trail's usefulness as a safe-haven is running out.

From a geographical standpoint, California is one of the few places in the United States that is sufficiently wooded and sufficiently warm to allow for a similar survival method throughout the winter months. Obviously, this is all speculation, but I think it does make sense in the context reported by Dennis Davis.

I love police, they’ve saved me from violent situations, and my family were police, but this is certainly an embarrassing situation however you slice and dice it. The murderer was sitting right in front of them but then quietly trotted off into the sunset without anyone following him, possibly safely escaping for ever.
Unless he was already gone... MOO

I cannot either! One of my kids’ teachers’ adult son was involved in a horrific car accident where he was the driver and someone was killed. He was also at fault and driving and negligence was involved. It really wore down the parents but they did ante up the lawyer fees to minimize the criminal charges and punishment.

MOO: There might be nothing that they can criminally charge the Laundries. They have been in close contact with an attorney and appear to be doing exactly as he is advising.

MOO, I don't believe so. It depends on what LE is uncovering. JMO

Edit: I am just realizing I may have misread your post. Are you saying that because they are following an attorney's advice they would be insulated from any crimes they may have committed? If this is what you meant by your post, I disagree. In fact the attorney himself could be in trouble. There's a crime/fraud exception. MOO

This is the only mention I have seen.

A.T. Conservancy

@AT_Conservancy

The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) has not received information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie from law enforcement officials or from our government agency partners.

9:39 AM · Sep 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/AT_Conservancy/status/1442846496592957451?s=20
Bingo- great find. And if LE thought he was really on the trail, that alert would most definitely be up there. A portion of the trail would likely be shut down altogether. Imo

This is the only mention I have seen.

A.T. Conservancy

@AT_Conservancy

The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) has not received information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie from law enforcement officials or from our government agency partners.

9:39 AM · Sep 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/AT_Conservancy/status/1442846496592957451?s=20
News spreads like wildfire on the AT for something like this. There are hordes of people on the AT, hostel owners right close, cell phone service most places, a shelter log, thru-hikers wary of fugitives, a HUGE reward that would make every overnighter salivate…

I never met anyone on the AT who thought of the ATC as a news source.

Last edited:
Good Morning WS Buds! After reading through most of the postings here, and weighing out what's been reported and what LE has verified, I'm more or less waiting for the same two announcements I was waiting for yesterday - cause of death (not likely) or capture (not any time soon). I hate to be in the position of having to chew over the same cud every day. I'm waiting for the slip ups that oftentimes lead to the capture of fugitives who depend on others for their flight.

I've been a crime buff for years, seen probably thousands of accounts of murders and mayhem wrought over the course of the last couple of hundred years. Where fugitives have been caught and subsequently interviewed, I've yet to hear of the majority confessing they had all kinds of fun and would love to do it again. Well, maybe only Robert Durst with his multi-million dollar nest egg. The others got away for hours, a day, a few days, a month, before LE found them in a field somewhere covered with ant bites and begging for water. A few have made it for as many as 20, 30, 40 years, but they weren't allergic to work and were savvy at finding ways to create new identities. Without outside help, they understood how to mimic a low key existence and fly under LE's radar. Still, they lived a paranoid's life of fear; they were caught. They slipped up.

I have questions. Shortly after the slapping incident on Aug. 12th and being a thread away from being arrested and spending at least a night or two in jail, the intimation is that everything was all kiss kiss, we're fine, everything's good. I don't buy it. Had it not been for schmoozing the cops, Brian would have been in the LAST place he'd want to be. Not on the road singing in the wilderness and melding with the wide open spaces. Not going barefoot in the grass and scrambling over hill and dale. Brian was looking at four walls, iron bars and a possible domestic violence charge in a land far, far, from home. I think the experience scared the living s*** out of him.

Shortly afterward, he's calling home, unloading his recent near miss on his familial benefactors, flying back home and shifting her gear in or out of the house. They spend a few hundred on plane fare to consolidate the goods and save on locker rental? They're loaded! What's a few hundred rental bucks to them when they can spring for plane tickets at the drop of a hat? It seems to me the Laundries have no problem circling the wagons when poked in a bad way by fate or bad behavior that bites them unexpectedly on their derrieres. I believe they called him home to formulate a plan to get Gabby out of ALL of their lives once and for all. Move her stuff wherever, finish out the last leg of the Magical Mystery Tour, bring her home, then kick her out for good. After all, she almost got him ARRESTED! That's the last straw. Of course, none of this was disclosed to Gabby. Let's play pretend until she hits the front door. Then, its - hit the road.

Nothing like an argument about we're almost out of water to lead to spilling his guts about he and his family's being finished with her b***s*** and ready to pitch her out upon their arrival home. Imagine being told THAT when you're 2300 miles from home. If that doesn't qualify for a fistfight, nothing does. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face, mentally or physically. This battling couple fought it appears - to her death. And don't think Brian didn't tickle the apron strings he depends on. He called home and they prepared. The rest you know. Plan B formulated on the fly.

So, I'm waiting patiently for mistakes. When the secrets come to light, its going to be interesting how right or wrong we've all been - ultimately, all of it is going to be a lesson for young girls and boys about choosing their partners more carefully and taking their time before they commit their hearts and minds to people whose depths they've not mined.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members