Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad the FBI is checking this out. It’s difficult sometimes for people to call in tips because they are concerned they may be ridiculed on social media! I feel we should be conscious of this! If everyone had to feel it was 100% BL before calling the tip line, the tip line would be quite silent. I’d rather have my tax dollars follow and investigate a claim that goes nowhere versus BL be able to continue hiding!

I absolutely agree that we shouldn't make fun of those who call in tips, however calling a tipline is not public information. DD voluntarily reported this information to the press. If he (or any witness) wants to keep their tip private, all they have to do is not talk to the press or post about it on social media.

I agree. My son is quite involved in this social media stuff and yes, we wait for uploads and downloads to accomplish this when travelling. Neither of their follower counts or social media involvement prior to this trip stands out as something they care much about. It is just odd to me. MOO.

Also, having just done our own custom van refit for the trip we took in June as a precursor to many more to come, we subscribe to many of the same monetized Vanlife channels. Nothing either of them produced fit into this space or category. Most of that type of money making content includes either product promotion and/or insight, advice, education, tips or tricks filmed and shared with talking involved, not just video collages with a music background. It is all very odd to me and makes little sense. Again MOO!

When you start out, you don't have followers. So you're not going to have sponsorships and the like. With a following, companies are more likely to offer some sponsorship/payment for product placement, etc.

This blog was nascent. Iirc, she included REI as an @ at some point, which is a hope to get their attention and reference or sponsorship. But obviously she did not get very far along in her efforts to publish content or gain a large following. But tagging companies is a way to try to start. Between company and follower attention there's (the hope is) a spiraling synergy.She was trying.

Last edited:
It's a lot of "work" to get up to speed on photography, editing, use of several programs, choosing/editing non-copyrighted music, learning to record and edit voiceovers, learning transitions, which resolutions are best re youtube/SM limitations, taming color variations for visual unity, and building the network on the internet. A massive amount of time, and digital memory, is required to keep it all backed up yet accessible. It's a LOT of work, very satisfying work. However, nothing at all shows up until one successfully uploads it, which may take a lot of time because of upload speeds, with several attempts being required if mistakes become apparent post publication. A 10 minute video can take 2 hours to upload, after a week of filming, editing, writing copy, etc. IMO it's a mistake to underestimate the effort required to get any new business up and running.

And nothing shows up at all if one is not allowed to upload it because someone else is saying "the time I gave you is up, I wanna go play, you're no good at your work". paraphrased. Accompanied by some slaps, hitting, car jacking, phone grabbing, speeding, reckless driving to get the point across to her as to who was boss.

IMO

I agree that the parents are right there with him, complicit in destroying/throwing away her belongings. What fine upstanding life lessons these two vengeful, cold people must have taught their son. If a child in anyway angered or upset BL, I can see him KNOWING that he had the right to hit/slap/spit/ destroy said child's property.
Why? They UPSET him in some way and it must always be the fault of the other, never BL. If there are any problems that come up with people outside of the family it is a group attack.
I know a family just like this. Their children are ruined already. This is how narcissistic personality disorder is made, my friends. No personal responsibility taught. No compassion or empathy.
This is just my personal opinion, nothing more. Jmo

Yeah, but still, he called 911 - in TWO states. And here we are 3 days later???
It’s true they could have investigated already and this meeting will be a “shh”. BUT- I worry.

As a side note, did you know you can not even go into a FBI office in person right now and report a tip? Yep.. thanks covid.

Last edited:
I'm also curious, for all the legal eagles out there, if someone takes a vehicle that doesn't belong to them, and the owner of said vehicle is reported missing or found deceased, is that grand theft auto?

The Sheriff of Polk County said he would have arrested BL on the spot.

‘I would have never let him out of custody’: Sheriff Grady Judd's reaction to search for Brian Laundrie

"I can tell you, at this sheriff’s office, when he showed up with her car and she was no place to be found, we would have never let him out of our custody that day," Judd said during a press conference on an undercover child *advertiser censored* operation. "Other than that, I’m not sure where their investigation is."

That's why I keep saying and keep saying it's nonsense that they couldn't have looked in that home to see if Gabby was in there.

As much as I believe these are his, I don’t know how we can truly prove they are.
Google reviews written by Brian Laundrie: Google Maps

Not sure what made you think to search for this but it's eye opening. There's something very wrong with this guy IMO. I read through half his reviews. Some of these were 2 years ago - so he was 21? To me this is not a sign of an immature 21 year old trying to be funny but rather a loner with no social circle. MOO.

And actually someone shared that link here a few days ago. I tend to believe this is him as well, and yea, very strange.

This kind of stuff infuriates me.

Email Suggests Police Purposely Delayed Releasing Additional Bodycam Footage of Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito Argument: Report

New emails discovered suggest that that the Moab, Utah, police chief may have purposely delayed releasing additional bodycam footage of the dispute between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie.

“It became obvious to me watching the news that information had been withheld from the media,” former Grand County attorney Happy Morgan, who requested the additional footage, said.

“I thought that that was inconsistent with the truth and inconsistent with the email,” Morgan told 2News. “And I’m concerned that if I hadn’t pushed the matter at city council and then again the next day, that that tape would still be withheld.”

Wow! Thank you for posting this.

So, Round 2 was Officer Pratt's body cam. Now this makes sense to me.

The 2nd body cam revealed the officer telling Gabby that there were witnesses who stated they saw BL slapping her. The second body cam revealed an officer who was privy to the contents of the 911 call. But that is not what he wrote in his report.

Wow. I'm not sure about Utah but in many other places lying on an official record is an offense. Are we seeing evidence of him lying? MOO. And, is "this" why they held the footage back? What a mess! MOO

"It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female..."
"No one reported that the male struck the female..."

READ IT: Police report from disturbance involving Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie
CBS 2 reports that Robbins’ bodycam footage was released on September 16, but it took an additional two weeks for the authorities to release Pratt’s bodycam.

Last edited:
I agree that the parents are right there with him, complicit in destroying/throwing away her belongings. What fine upstanding life lessons these two vengeful, cold people must have taught their son. If a child in anyway angered or upset BL, I can see him KNOWING that he had the right to hit/slap/spit/ destroy said child's property.
Why? They UPSET him in some way and it must always be the fault of the other, never BL. If there are any problems that come up with people outside of the family it is a group attack.
I know a family just like this. Their children are ruined already. This is how narcissistic personality disorder is made, my friends. No personal responsibility taught. No compassion or empathy.
This is just my personal opinion, nothing more. Jmo
Who said her things were thrown out or destroyed?

<modsnip>
Does anyone know how to view the email address associated with this account/reviews?

I personally think it is some saddo who has changed the account name and reviews trying to be funny but jmo.
It would be interesting to know the email address tied to the account as that can't be amended even though the name can.
Can the date be edited? These posts were 2 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the dim mists of my memory, isn't there something about how once LE learns/proves the POI is in fact at home, that said POI is in fact obligated to talk to LE; or at least, that it looks really bad to have them not do so? (Hence all the scenes in the movies about people scrambling down fire escapes to evade the LE at the front?) Maybe the Laundries didn't trust Brian to be able to say anything that wasn't suspicious.
Agree it looks really bad and in this case is really bad, and his patents were/are protecting him. MOO. My understanding though is the term POI carries no legal definition, meaning no obligation. Person of Interest Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

I don't know...when people use bullying tactics, I think they lose some of their message. It's on law enforcement to get the evidence needed to bring justice. Setting up a scenario that could elicit sympathy for those you are harassing might not be the answer.
For me, I wouldn't say bullying, because the protestors did worse. But i think we are on the same page, I just think it's distracting, harassing, and doesn't really serve a purpose. So IMO i guess i'd just call it more sensationalism and won't make this family budge one iota.

I don’t believe he’s having a breakdown personally I think it was an intentional encounter with Davis.
I don't know what to think about this encounter.

If it was BL, I don't see any reason, when he's gone undetected this long with searches seemingly focused on FL, that he would then make his presence and whereabouts known to a perfect stranger who might or might not recognize and report him. What would be the point? I mean, I get the whole insanity plea idea, but does he really want LE to track down that truck all the way from NC to CA, looking for him, so they can find him somewhere acting crazy?

If it was BL, and he is indeed having a mental break, I agree it's surprising he's gone this long without being detected. Maybe he's ultra paranoid and staying out of sight because of it. Idk...

Unfreakenbelievable.

I will say if you’ve ever looked up how to share a tip of anything (other than this case) with the FBI it is very impersonal. And, there is no way to follow up with your “tip” or case that I see.

I think it's amazing they're talking with him at all. They must either find something he said plausible or they are doing a PR trip.

Because in between the several crime forums I visit daily

One says he was born in Mexico? o_O

He's doing what a lot of people do on google reviews - building a new persona (doesn't want to be recognized). He is being "literary" in his minor way. Probably to impress Gabby.

He also says "wife" but he means Gabby, who is his girlfriend, fiancée and wife, in various of his writings/speech acts.

The Sheriff of Polk County said he would have arrested BL on the spot.

‘I would have never let him out of custody’: Sheriff Grady Judd's reaction to search for Brian Laundrie

"I can tell you, at this sheriff’s office, when he showed up with her car and she was no place to be found, we would have never let him out of our custody that day," Judd said during a press conference on an undercover child *advertiser censored* operation. "Other than that, I’m not sure where their investigation is."

That's why I keep saying and keep saying it's nonsense that they couldn't have looked in that home to see if Gabby was in there.

Yes, good old-fashioned Western North Carolina Justice. Love Sheriff Judd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member