Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying there was no warrant executed? he gave them permission to seize? MOO

I don't know exactly what is required to seize the van, but the next day LE had a missing person's report and every time I see it mentioned in MSM its stated that LE confiscated the van. Also, I thought they didn't have a warrant to search the van until days later, but I haven't kept track of that date.

Answer me this:

How is flying from Utah to Florida and back cheaper than continuing to pay rent on a storage locker? And if it's a storage locker, do you really need more than one person to empty it?
That storage locker thing has always bothered me! Like could it not have waited?! Or did it have to be him that went wayyy out of his way to fly home to do it? I’m very much on the same page with you on that!!

I don't know exactly what is required to seize the van, but the next day LE had a missing person's report and every time I see it mentioned in MSM its stated that LE confiscated the van. Also, I thought they didn't have a warrant to search the van until days later, but I haven't kept track of that date.

Is it possible that LE were given permission to take the van by Gabby's parents (being her next of kin) even though a search warrant reportedly wasn't raised until the 14th?

(The missing persons report was filed on the 11th, same day they impounded the van.)

"On September 11, Ms Petito's family filed a missing person report."
Gabby Petito set out for the trip of a lifetime — her fiance returned alone, then disappeared

Police eventually impounded the van, and on Sept. 14, they executed a search warrant. Inside the van was an external hard drive that could have belonged to Petito, according to law enforcement.
Search warrant reveals what police wanted at Brian Laundrie home | wtsp.com

Last edited:
To contribute to the dialog about BL flying back home.

They had a significant physical, frightening, altercation. One that drew police attention, the public's attention. One that forced Brian to either accept accountability of his actions even though he may not have been blamed by the police. He certainly blamed Gabby. He may have been resentful of the negative attention it brought toward him. All the possible things that could have happened. They both might have been sent to jail or perhaps him. Now, instead of cooling off he is brewing within himself.

Perhaps He reaches out to his parents, perhaps calls his sister. Perhaps they suggest he comes home to cool down. Perhaps <modsnip> they offer for him to come home and they can discuss things, <modsnip>, and go back and work things out with Gabby.

He might have wanted to make sure the things he wanted or Gabby wanted were taken out of storage. Or he was ready to move on when they arrived home. One way that the parents may reconcile their actions is to taken into consideration conditions that they believed were out of of Brian's control . That he was dealing with his situation the best he can. The <modsnip> visit would help temporarily.

<modsnip>. Giving Brian the break he needed was their way to help him. They had no idea that he would do what he did.

Then, suddenly, He must have spoken to them to expect him home. Mom changed reservations before he arrived home. They knew or assumed he did something or separated from Gabby, <modsnip>

For me this kind of response and point of view from the parents makes more sense that accounts for the motivation of their behavior. They don't seem to be victims of their sons over-the-top behavior and never responded in a public display of frustration but from a perspective of knowledge of their son and knew how to respond accordingly.

Perhaps, to them, It was not BL that did what he was accused of. <modsnip> Only they understood and will hold firm until the right time has come.
I think what you're speculating is certainly within the realm of possibility. Parents mistake though was not seeking professional help and not working together with GP's family.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to that list:

Should they have called 911 on DTBH? If their son was missing, wouldn't they want as many people as possible searching?

Shouldn't they be out helping find him rather than gardening?
Exactly. Their actions are not ones of concerned parents of a missing child. They’re actions of parents who know their child is just fine.

Like the Petitos and Schmidts said, the Laundries are not putting themselves out there searching for BL, begging for his return. They know exactly where he is and that is why they’re not talking.

I believe the lawyer knows BL is alive but I don’t think he knows where he is.

They had a lawyer at that point, and even if we give them some benefit of the doubt, they knew which way the wind was blowing.

Their son would have been under tremendous stress, and could very well have been emotionally unstable.

So you expect me to believe that they just allow for multiple days to pass, and do not raise the alarm?

That's a really tough sell for me, and I'm sure law enforcement would have seen it similarly.

That's why I'm so confused by the extent to which they searched that preserve, as I just can't fathom law enforcement taking their word for anything.

Where the heck is this guy?
They either know where he is and don't care about searching for him, or they know he is dead and don't care about searching for him. I cannot think of a different option.
MOO

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths would be remiss and irrelevant in the true crime community if we did not allow our members to speculate to a reasonable degree on what is being publicly presented.

When individuals become public figures by speaking to the media or being extensively covered in the media, what they have to say and what we view is up for public discussion, opinion, and reasonable speculation.

The public has to apply common sense to what is being publicly stated by individuals. If common sense tells us that something is pretty hinky, we discuss hinky. The limitation is we do not allow members to make blatant insinuations, direct or indirect accusations against anyone not named as a POI.

Things like "she said such and such which doesn't jive with blah blah" are okay. What is not okay are things like "she said such and such and therefore she knows" or "she's definitely covering for him", etc. You can indicate that you find something suspicious, but please don't state it as fact. Make sure you state it is only your opinion.

Members are not Mods. If you have an issue with how the discussion is going, just Report the post without chastising other members for how they are discussing this case.

Thank you.

Looking back at reports for Sept 11th, I found this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1438894093300555788?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

According to the NPPD, a missing persons report was finally filed for Gabby Petito at 20:28. This was after the missing persons report was accepted in New York at a different county (Suffolk?)

Presumably it was after that time, late that night, that they approached the Laundries, were rebuffed and given SB's contact details and then impounded the van. But I will check for more confirmed details on the timing.

Answer me this:

How is flying from Utah to Florida and back cheaper than continuing to pay rent on a storage locker? And if it's a storage locker, do you really need more than one person to empty it?
One time I emptied two storage units (not lockers) with stuff stacked from top to bottom. There was a long hallway to traverse to get to the waiting truck. I emptied the units (alone), loaded them (alone), drove all of it up the 110 in Los Angeles (from Torrance to Glendale), procured another storage facility, unpacked it all into another unit in Glendale, drove the truck back to Torrance, picked up my car and then picked up my husband in downtown LA - all between the hours of 8 and 6pm.

Every time I see this 5 day storage trip I think of my one day storage experience.

They had a lawyer at that point, and even if we give them some benefit of the doubt, they knew which way the wind was blowing.

Their son would have been under tremendous stress, and could very well have been emotionally unstable.

So you expect me to believe that they just allow for multiple days to pass, and do not raise the alarm?

That's a really tough sell for me, and I'm sure law enforcement would have seen it similarly.

That's why I'm so confused by the extent to which they searched that preserve, as I just can't fathom law enforcement taking their word for anything.

Where the heck is this guy?

Completely agree. Calling 911 on DTBH immediately yet, waiting for three days to lapse before they became "concerned" enough to call LE.

bologne

If I try really, really hard, I can believe that neither BL or his parents brought up Gabby on the 1st or the 6th while spending time with CL and her family.

It is much more difficult for me to grasp that CL never asked about Gabby. No "Where's Gabby?" or "When's Gabby coming back?"

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe that the children who Gabby Facetimed with during her trip, who Gabby sent postcards to, and the same children who according to CL loved her dearly and called her "Aunt Gabby" never once asked on the 1st or the 6th where she was.

NOPE.

MOO
This is why I think BL created some BS story of where GP was. “Oh, she stayed behind to get some work done on the website.” Cassie was not aware the van was in Florida, therefore a story like that wouldn’t make her question BL. However, if she knew the van was home, I think she would’ve had some doubts.

This is also what makes me believe the parents are completely involved in all of this because of course they knew the van was at their house. Did they jump in and discredit BL’s story of where GP was and why she wasn’t there? No.

The parents are just as involved as BL is.

MOO

Answer me this:

And this is the cooling off period. No crime of passion, no I snapped defense. No she drove me crazy for weeks on end. He reset the clock and ultimately committed murder. Then he ran to mommy and continues to run from his actions today. MOO, JMO Subject to change as facts become available.

Looking back at reports for Sept 11th, I found this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1438894093300555788?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

According to the NPPD, a missing persons report was finally filed for Gabby Petito at 20:38.

Presumably it was after that time, late that night, that they approached the Laundries, were rebuffed and given SB's contact details and then impounded the van. But I will check for more confirmed details on the timing.

i don't have a link handy, but iirc NPPD stated that the van was taken late on 9/11 and/or into the early morning of 9/12...i specifically remember the into the early morning/hours of 9/12 part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther