Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that LE were given permission to take the van by Gabby's parents (being her next of kin) even though a search warrant reportedly wasn't raised until the 14th?

(The missing persons report was filed on the 11th, same day they impounded the van.)

"On September 11, Ms Petito's family filed a missing person report."
Gabby Petito set out for the trip of a lifetime — her fiance returned alone, then disappeared

Police eventually impounded the van, and on Sept. 14, they executed a search warrant. Inside the van was an external hard drive that could have belonged to Petito, according to law enforcement.
Search warrant reveals what police wanted at Brian Laundrie home | wtsp.com

Exactly what I was saying. GP's father called NPPD which instigated a welfare check on the 10th. Laundries say she's not here. LE reports that back to GP's father with the additional information that the Van was in the driveway. The next day after GP's mother is able to get a missing persons report accepted in NY and GP's dad has requested the van be removed since it doesn't belong to anyone at the Laundrie home, LE confiscates the van. I don't know what legal hoops they would need to do that.

Oh that makes a difference. Makes sightings of him on the 11th possible not exactly plausible IMO since LE had been knocking on his door looking for Gabby on the 10th, but possible. You never know. MOO
It was taken after JP found out it was there. I'm sure the attorney was contacted then too. That's when the --- hit the fan and the ball started rolling.

From your link:

Police said at this time, the fiancé is not considered a suspect or to be associated with her disappearance. According to Petito’s family, he has hired an attorney and is refusing to cooperate with the investigation into their daughter’s disappearance.

The Petitos knew early on that an attorney was involved and the attorney was involved before he was considered a suspect.

Another interesting gem from CL:
When asked by protestors if they talked about GP while at FD park she replied:
"We couldn't, we had our kids with us"
If she didn't know anything horrible had happened, why would she say that?

Its possible that Cassie could have just thought GP and BL just had another messy break-up and thats what she didn't want to discuss in front of the kids.

That is a strange way to phrase that statement. Why say couldn't and not didn't?

possibly, if she had been led to believe that bl and gp had broken up, she might not have wanted to discuss that around the kids because they loved her...idk, i'm really trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, and i could be wrong...

Exactly what I was saying. GP's father called NPPD which instigated a welfare check on the 10th. Laundries say she's not here. LE reports that back to GP's father with the additional information that the Van was in the driveway. The next day after GP's mother is able to get a missing persons report accepted in NY and GP's dad has requested the van be removed since it doesn't belong to anyone at the Laundrie home, LE confiscates the van. I don't know what legal hoops they would need to do that.
Since it was Gabby's van why couldn't her dad/mom etc give the cops permission to search it? Did they have to get a warrant to search? I don't know that's why i am asking

BL was officially reported as a Missing Person. He has reportedly disappeared in a very dangerous area during a hike. Isn't LE required, or at least expected, to treat his case as seriously and thoroughly as any other endangered missing person's case? I wouldn't think that BL being named a POI let's LE off the hook for looking for a "poor, lost endangered hiker." I think his parents were very clever in coming up with this plan, assuming it was their idea. MOO

Hadn't thought of that but you're right IMO. Does it look like he's smirking in that photo? Doesn't match other pictures of his smile that i've seen.

Not to go too far down this particular rabbit hole, if he did do it, it's almost a relieved look, he has made it back home the family seems to be buying his story, even Cassie isn't questioning him.

They had a lawyer at that point, and even if we give them some benefit of the doubt, they knew which way the wind was blowing.

Their son would have been under tremendous stress, and could very well have been emotionally unstable.

So you expect me to believe that they just allow for multiple days to pass, and do not raise the alarm?

That's a really tough sell for me, and I'm sure law enforcement would have seen it similarly.

That's why I'm so confused by the extent to which they searched that preserve, as I just can't fathom law enforcement taking their word for anything.

Where the heck is this guy?
When they were still back there this week, albeit with a much smaller crew, I became more convinced they might be looking for his phone. We know he got rid of his phone. It could have been tossed in some other state far away. But their continued focus on the reserve, after exhausting all those resources for all those weeks, had me wondering if the last known location his provider gave LE was near that reserve. They are looking for something specific, and I don't think it's him they're looking for there. At least not anymore. MOO

Looking back at reports for Sept 11th, I found this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1438894093300555788?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

According to the NPPD, a missing persons report was finally filed for Gabby Petito at 20:28. This was after the missing persons report was accepted in New York at a different county (Suffolk?)

Presumably it was after that time, late that night, that they approached the Laundries, were rebuffed and given SB's contact details and then impounded the van. But I will check for more confirmed details on the timing.

There was a welfare check on the 1oth first though, correct? And then they came back the next day after the missing person report. Just a random thought popping into my head at this moment, but I wonder if that period between the two is when BL really skedaddled?

When they were still back there this week, albeit with a much smaller crew, I became more convinced they might be looking for his phone. We know he got rid of his phone. It could have been tossed in some other state far away. But their continued focus on the reserve, after exhausting all those resources for all those weeks, had me wondering if the last known location his provider gave LE was near that reserve. They are looking for something specific, and I don't think it's him they're looking for there. At least not anymore. MOO
If the phone is there and has been turned off or battery ran out, how would they ever find it?
Searching for something so small in such a large area seems a bit strange. Don't know if they (feds etc) can pinpoint a phone that closely IMO

I have absolutely no idea what happened in this case to cause Gabby's murder, but I feel Brian Laundrie was responsible for it. His, and the parent's actions, are indicative to me that that know what Brian did.

We are going to be cranking along here one day soon and suddenly there will be big news as has happened here in the past. At this point nothing will surprise me.

Gabby, her family, and friends deserve justice and I hope to see it soon.

*My great granddaughters' (yes, I am that old) name is Gabrielle and we have called her Gabby since she was born at Ft. Bragg, N. C..
I would be in jail right now and forever banned at WS were I to say what I feel BL truly deserves.

Moo, and finally caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members