Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem like they had much saved up. According to GP's mom, both her and GP's dad were providing them money on their trip:

"And I supported her on all of that, even every once and a while when she needed help moneywise and stuff, because it was a really expensive trip. I helped her out a little bit here and there. So did her father. But they were having a great time."

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online
Rose said Gabby was working 50 hours a week...I think Gabby at least had a good chunk...

Good Day All!

The Thread is now OPEN.

Small Request:
Keep in mind that as a small volunteer moderator team we are not online at all times reading each post as it hits the board. If something sits on the board for a brief period of time that seems to be against TOS or thread specific rules, please don’t assume we have suddenly “allowed” the specific comment to stay. It is likely as simple as we have not read it yet. In summary, report your concerns and move on without replying to the post.

As with each new day, may today bring answers. Where are you Brian?

Brian Laundrie should surrender, former fugitive says

A former federal fugitive who spent two years on the lam is urging Florida’s Brian Laundrie to surrender to authorities following the homicide of his fiancée Gabby Petito.

"You just gotta turn yourself in man — you gotta face the music," said Seth Ferranti, an ex-con turned writer and producer. "And if you did do something to that girl, you gotta pay the price. And if you didn’t do anything to that girl, you’ve got to present it to the jury and trust in your innocence."

Ferranti was on the U.S. Marshals’ Top 15 Most Wanted list from 1991 to 1993, on the run from a 25-year sentence for nonviolent drug trafficking charges during the height of the government’s War on Drugs. So he knows what it takes to avoid arrest.

Brian Laundrie should surrender, former fugitive says

Today

In part two of Dr. Phil’s exclusive interview with Gabby Petito’s parents, who are all sitting down together for the first time, they share where they believe Brian Laundrie may be hiding, and what they hope happens to him if he was involved in Gabby’s death. Plus, see their reaction to the latest developments in their daughter’s case.

Gabby's Parents Come Together

Good morning!

Just catching up on the many great ideas & questions posted yesterday.

I doubt BL had to return to FL in Aug for a court date although those can be set in stone. But dockets are public record. I'm sure reporters or someone here would have discovered his case if it existed.

The storage locker clean-out sounds bogus, as I've said before. But I wonder if aspects could be true (along with the need for a break from each other.)

Is it possible they had some sort of month-to-month rental contract and the rent was going way up? Or the facility was suddenly closing before the end of their trip or before the end of their potentially extended trip and their stuff had to go somewhere else? If so, maybe everywhere they saw online with vacancies was really pricey. Or maybe 62-year old Dad said "I'm not moving all that stuff anywhere by myself while you two gallivant all over the West." Also is it possible they did put all or mostly all of their stuff in storage because the parents were considering putting the house back on tbe market while they were gone? I know as a rule WS posts view the parents as infantilizing BL but maybe they were ready for an empty nest.

As everybody says it wouldn't make sense to pay for a plane ticket for B and hotel for G for the locker reason by itself. But I'm still not sure who paid. After all, GP's parents seem to say they were paying for things on the trip as they came up. Not waiting until the couple was out of money but paying during the trip.

NP said:

"She just fell in love with that lifestyle and wanted to take journeys. She was a free spirit. Everybody was jealous, everyone was like, we want to do that too, but we all think we just have to get a job and go to school. But she was doing what we were all envious of."

""And I supported her on all of that, even every once and a while when she needed help moneywise and stuff, because it was a really expensive trip. I helped her out a little bit here and there. So did her father. But they were having a great time.' "

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

I'm also not sure I buy Rose's claim GP worked 50 hrs a week at Taco Bell. Maybe it was different during the pandemic but fast food places usually don't allow hourly employees to work overtime and certainly don't allow it every week. Paying time and a half adds up. Rose works delivering pizza so maybe her ideas differ about what working alot means? I'm sure GP worked, just not sure about the 50hr/wk part. And if they didn't pay rent to the Laundries, she could have had a nice chunk of money.

Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

Rose also says in the above article BL wanted the van life so Gabby couldn't work. In another article she says he wanted that life as a way to get GP away from Rose.

#1 from PEOPLE-- "he wanted the van life and he rushed to that so that she wasn't going to be able to work anymore."

#2 "I think that's one reason why Brian rushed into this van trip,' Rose said of the cross-country trip Petito and Laundrie began in July. 'He saw how close we were getting and he realized that after every fight, she was staying at my house. And he didn't have control over that."

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

My point isn't just that Rose's info may be unreliable although I think it sometimes is. (And an awful lot of what we think we know about GP and BL as individuals as well as what we think we know about their relationship has come only from Rose.) But I also wonder how much BL wanted the trip. A lot of posts assume G's the only one who really did. Yet Rose seems to think it was mainly B's idea. But no matter whose idea it was, given some of their destinations, I don't see how the start date could have been all it that "rushed." If they left much later in 2021 they'd have risked running into bad winter weather, I'd think.

JMO

Good morning/afternoon everyone. Hoping so much today is the day BL is caught. Lots of information the last few days to process. Let’s hope this leads to BL’s arrest either by people coming forward with tips or maybe him giving himself up, the only outcome I hope for is that he’s alive and able to give gabbys family any answers he has.
Just to add I’m still unsure how the solicitor can represent BL when he’s not present to say how he wants to be represented e.g the tweets/texts the solicitor is putting out. All I can think of is that he’s given permission to his family to act on his behalf or maybe because they’re next of kin? JMO.

Good morning all....

There is something that I've thinking about for a while. If the parent's suspected BL might want to take his life, why did they wait days to call for help? If I believed my child wasn't okay and then disappeared, I'd have called for help immediately, not wait for my fear to grow and fester. It just doesn't make sense to me.

BL had several major factors that could make him suicidal and a normal parent would know this based on the suspicions swirling around them concerning the disappearance of the child's girlfriend/boyfriend.

On the other hand why wait from the 1st of September to the 13th to make a move to leave? Was it because the Petito finally filed a missing person report on Gabby? Was it the fact that the van was immediately removed? What was the determining factor that on the 13th he felt the need to run or kill himself? Did the walls start closing in on him?

Did he really believe that no one would eventually wonder where Gabby was? What was that breaking point for him?

And finally, as time goes on I've gone from 100% believed he just ran, to having doubts pop up that maybe he's no longer alive.

He is a high risk of suicide for many reason's. How do other's feel about this possibility at this point that he is no longer alive?

ETA: All of the above is JMO....

There have been reports that neighbors are renting lawn space, tents, bathroom availability, and even selling refreshments to the assembled media.

There was even one report that one of Laundrie's neighbors was getting $3,500 per week just to have a spot that is close to the center of the action or in most cases inaction.
Brian Laundrie's Neighbors Cashing In on Media Coverage

The neighborhood was pretty much congested with journalists’ equipment and vehicles that the police already intervened in and barred them from parking on that spot. However, journos have found a way to get around it as they’ve rented parking space from Laundrie’s neighbors. Entertainment website TMZ took snapshots of such a situation as cameras were being put up a few yards on Laundrie’s block.
Brian Laundrie’s Neighbors Rent Their Lawn Spaces Making Thousands of Dollars a Week - Texas Breaking News

A woman, known only as Jen, said witnesses spotted Laundrie running from his home in North Port, Florida.

In the clip uploaded to Twitter, she speculated that he may have run through the nearby woods.

Jen claimed that another neighbor recorded the alleged moment on CCTV.

When asked if she thought Laundrie was in the North Port area on the day that he was reported missing, Jen said: "Yes, definitely. He was here."

It’s unknown if Gabby's fiancé was in the location on September 17 and it's not known who provided the "footage" to the police.
Laundrie 'seen running out of his backyard the day parents reported him missing'

*Two ex-FBI agents and an ex-Marshall offer opinions:

"I believe he’s going to be able to hide in his surroundings," “I think he’s a learned outdoorsman and survivalist and because of that I think he will be able to stay out of law enforcement’s grasp for a while.”

“I have a feeling that [Laundrie] is going to be found and he is going to be found alive," “All the information that’s been coming in for weeks now, as you layer it upon yourself, you can start to see all these things coming to fruition.” “filled with one wild goose chase after another."

“sleeping with one eye open” “I personally think he could be anywhere. It doesn’t matter. He’s gonna mess up. He’s going to make a mistake,"
Is Brian Laundrie in touch with parents? Experts think he's communicating through lawyer

Also love the shared funds part. Must be great to not work and share your funds with the person that does.

Agree! Must be even nicer to live at home with parent's that are fully financially supporting you too! jmo 24 years old and still dependent on parent's actually makes me mad.

Now that it has been confirmed by Cassie that BL was in Florida while Gabby stayed in SLC, is there validity to the convenience store clerk statement that Gabby was with a man in her store? It could not have been BL if he was actually in Florida.

It would be interesting to know who that was if it is true.

Good morning all....

There is something that I've thinking about for a while. If the parent's suspected BL might want to take his life, why did they wait days to call for help? If I believed my child wasn't okay and then disappeared, I'd have called for help immediately, not wait for my fear to grow and fester. It just doesn't make sense to me.

BL had several major factors that could make him suicidal and a normal parent would know this based on the suspicions swirling around them concerning the disappearance of the child's girlfriend/boyfriend.

On the other hand why wait from the 1st of September to the 13th to make a move to leave? Was it because the Petito finally filed a missing person report on Gabby? Was it the fact that the van was immediately removed? What was the determining factor that on the 13th he felt the need to run or kill himself? Did the walls start closing in on him?

Did he really believe that no one would eventually wonder where Gabby was? What was that breaking point for him?

And finally, as time goes on I've gone from 100% believed he just ran, to having doubts pop up that maybe he's no longer alive.

He is a high risk of suicide for many reason's. How do other's feel about this possibility at this point that he is no longer alive?

ETA: All of the above is JMO....

Suicide is a possibility, but why would he do so in a manner that would make it so difficult to locate his body? I realize it is fool’s gold to try and rationalize the thoughts of a suicidal person. However, he did know his parents were under scrutiny. Why would he have have left his parents to face the music if he was checking out anyhow?

Speculation about Brian's Aug17-23rd trip home:

The weather in SLC was bad then right? Wasn't it 100º and wildfire evacuations across the lake? Maybe they decided to get out of the smoke and stay in a hotel and finish the video, Brian maybe was against that? Or they needed something from storage (clothing? computer/video equipment?), And B was like OK I hate hotels, you stay with the van, finish the video, I'll go to Florida real quick and 'do the thing I need to do'.... I'll get a ticket, look this one's cheap...see ya in a week!

They might have had a lot saved up. I know if I were living with my bf's parents, I'd work my *advertiser censored* off and want to prove myself. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities they could afford it. Also, the parents could have helped but it doesn't sound like they got too much help from the folks.

So he does the thing (does he seem weirdly close to his family or is it just me?). They were communicating while he was gone (as per Cassie). What did Gabby do for a week alone in a hotel? We know for sure the video, but that was posted the 19th...so...what did she do Friday the 20th-Monday the 23rd? Maybe Brian got jealous or suspicious she had fun without him? I would be getting nails and hair done and going shopping, IMO. I would want to look good for my man. And that Monarch post shows that...she's all did up with heels and a pretty outfit new necklace and a fresh pedicure. Maybe instead of turning him on, he got mad about extra money being spent...not agreeing with buying new clothes...maybe he wondered who she was trying to impress because obviously Brian wouldn't be impressed by hair makeup and new clothes...? They were on a date there after the long separation? Maybe?

Did Gabby take those pics without Brian? Like, did she go there alone that weekend? and then post a few days later? It's only 40 minutes from SLC and would be something fun to do alone to visit the shops and stuff around there. But...also sounds like Gabby didn't like driving the van. I don't know what I'm saying...just speculating about reasons why B went to FL and what happened when he got back. IMO!

MOO I agree that all of that could be possible. I agree that the idea of flying home is not at all odd and/or nefarious. I follow a few vanlife channels and a boatlife channel and have seen some of those people fly home in the middle of their adventures.

I had another thought last night about the Moab murders. Until last night I had been thinking about it only in what the connection between the two could have been, if any, but the thought occurred to me that neither of them might have heard about it until after BL had flown home. Being a male, he might have just shrugged it off as not relevant to them, but women don't shrug off stuff like that. She might have begun thinking about ending the trip out of fear of a serial killer on the loose. 2 men had also gone missing in that area in the last month or two.

So here comes back Brian, all fired up to continue the vanlife after spending all that money to clear up stuff back at home so they can go another year, but GP is having second thoughts. They start fighting more, and the more they fight the more she may want to quit. Until ... And then he thinks, I'll fix it so I wasn't even here when the "serial killer" got her. Or, alternately, in some unlikely coincidence, it actually happened that way.

Good Morning All.

I haven’t read the backlog yet, but want to get this down before my brain forgets it or the thread closes again.

It seems like CLs recent revelations(esp 8/17-23 confirmation) have spurred the oddest text-communicating-with-reporters lawyer to take a closer look at the Laundries claimed timeline and try to circle the wagons. BEs photos of the mustang in/not in the driveway the were probably burning a hole in his brain.

SBs latest blurb of “ last time they saw BL” is now 9/13/21. Hmmmmm?? (BBM- my favorite part, see below)

Wonder if that admittance has anything to do with the release of the 911 calls from the house? This MSM article says the police responded to 911 calls FROM the house 5 times from the 14-17. Maybe SB is just scratching his head realizing LEO was inside the house and BL wasn’t on the 14th, so he best slide in a little text about that!

“Police returned to the Laundrie home on Sept. 14, 15 and 16 and twice on Sept. 17, the records obtained by Fox show. The records do not indicate who placed the calls.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...brian-laundrie-home-gabby-petito-missing/amp/

NORTH PORT, Fla. (NewsNation Now) — The Laundrie family attorney Tuesday said Brian Laundrie’s parents now believe they last saw him Sept. 13, a day earlier than they’d previously told investigators.

“The Laundries were basing the date Brian left on their recollection of certain events,”
their lawyer, Steven Bertolino said. “Upon further communication with the FBI and confirmation of the Mustang being at the Laundrie residence on Wednesday Sept. 15, we now believe the day Brian left to hike in the preserve was Monday, Sept. 13.“

Brian Laundrie’s family changes story on when they last saw him | WFXRtv

IMO drilling down into this timeline is one sleuth we can do. Now that the 8/17-23 visit has been confirmed, along with the weak bit about clearing it out to save money for possibly “extending the trip”, wonder what happened the other 5 days? 5 days of $$ for a hotel. Right. This attorney expects everyone to swallow that math. I’m especially loving the part where GP and BL “to his knowledge” shared the cost of the flight.

“Steven P. Bertolino, the Long Island lawyer who has been issuing statements on behalf of the Laundrie family, released this explanation to FOX 5 News on Tuesday: "Brian flew home to Tampa from SLC on 08/17 and returned to SLC on 08/23 to rejoin Gabby. To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses. Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.” (This is from the same Fox link above)

In my calculations airfare + 6 nights in hotel does not equal, or surpass, savings for cancelling what , 1 month storage locker fee?

The trip was due to end Oct 31. I find it hard to believe they thinking about staying any longer as the weather turned colder.

IMO, SB, ChrisL and RL are just playing the game. Waiting to see what emerges, waiting to see who says what, then putting out their Spin

IMO Upstanding folks would get down to that PD or call the FBI and spill their guts.

Now. Before anyone else gets hurt. Do that not see the potential for further harm as these sightings escalate?

We went to dinner last night and the first thing I see is a dude that looked exactly like BL. Bald, same facial hair, features, build. It must be such a common look that LE is getting inundated with calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419