Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day. This is taking longer than the War of the Roses..

If Brian is alive, and it's been this long, he would not be existing in a sort of Tom Hanks Castaway mode. To be this evasive, and be so successful in evasion he must be in possession of some finely tuned electronic stuff, that manages to alert him to be ahead of the huge search operation. ..

Scanner, tracker, internet, phone, ... perhaps, because of all this tracking he has to do himself, his base would be static, not a shift-around temporary setup. He couldn't carry all this stuff.....

On the other hand.. no buzzards.... ..

:eek:

ps I read everyones' posts. my like thingy is playing up.

That’s an interesting thought about technology he may be carrying. He’s either smart, dead, or has better survival skills than his sister gave him credit for.

But the so-called outdoorsman is only "a mediocre survivalist," according to his sister, Cassie Laundrie, who urged him to surrender to authorities in an interview with ABC News this week.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

Brian Laundrie's survival skills are 'mediocre,' sister Cassie says

Speaking of injuries, now that we know GP was alive at the time, I'm wondering if her second to last Instagram post (Aug 19) reused old images because she had marks on her? I'm trying to find the reason behind reusing previous pictures... she hadn't posted in days and then suddenly her knees and the van, both older images. She of course could have used different picture she hadn't posted before, so maybe nothing to it, but worth thinking about IMO.

That's definitely a possibility. On the flip side, lots of influencers use older photos and post weeks or months behind real time, so as to not reveal their real time location to strangers on the internet, for safety.

(Edited to correct spelling.)

Last edited:
That’s an interesting thought about technology he may be carrying. He’s either smart, dead, or has better survival skills than his sister gave him credit for.

But the so-called outdoorsman is only "a mediocre survivalist," according to his sister, Cassie Laundrie, who urged him to surrender to authorities in an interview with ABC News this week.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

That's what I've been saying. (and many of you also)

I believe it was a crime of passion as well. I envision a fight that involved a cell phone. Perhaps said phone was the weapon used. It would explain the need for a quick replacement upon arrival back in Florida.

Just my current thinking and of course, MOO.
I'm not sure that crimes of passion count when there's a previous pattern of abuse/DV. That said, as the previous "victim" he would have had less trouble saying it was self-defense if that was the case. But of course, the video of the cops interaction would come into play and he'd look about as good as he does now. JMO

It is difficult to believe any stories told of Brian's outdoor skills, ...for me, anyways.. he doesn't have that air of competence. .....

And , assuming he is alive ( which I don't believe he is, btw ) , to stay ahead of all the electronic tracking going on , high calibre technical equipment, manned by experts and probably a few genius's thrown in, all the American smartarsery seems to have been thrown into this search, Brian's tech stuff must be better. By definition, since he is ahead of it.

He is making , if he is alive, a complete fool of a hell of a lot of LE organisations, and this is not a good look. ... I imagine those orgs. are gritting their teeth in determination, god help Brian if they do catch him alive.. a bit of biffo in the back of the divvy van is on the cards.

Today's Google Map updates:
  • The hwy 158 causeway hitchhiker on Oct 6 was not BL (source), so I marked it as "debunked"

• I marked the location where the hiker said he spoke to BL in the white truck near the Appalachian Trail on Oct 2 (source), which was almost at exactly the same location that Dog the Bounty Hunter was searching for him Sep 20 after campers had supposedly seen BL in a white Camry (source). Considering the slim likelihood that BL has access to two different vehicles, I suspect one or both of these are cases of mistaken identity (moo)

Had trouble accessing this article but sounds interesting. Says BL's dad will join search for him. Anyone else heard this? Did I just miss it earlier? Threads move fast...

Lawyer: Brian Laundrie's father expected to join search for son

Newsday | Long Island's & NYC's News Source
By now would LE have his internet searches from the devices he had? Wonder what they may reveal?
SB's a little late on the scene for rehabilitating his clients.

Had trouble accessing this article but sounds interesting. Says BL's dad will join search for him. Anyone else heard this? Did I just miss it earlier? Threads move fast...

Interesting timing. The Petito's said on Dr. Phil how they got involved in Gabby's search but the Laundries are not involved in Brian's search.

Edited to remove writing I decided not to post. I did delete it from my reply box but for some reason when I do that it keeps showing back up in subsequent replies.

I consider it good news actually, as if he is in fact there, I don't see any chance he's alive.

I want to hear about a development in a location that is nowhere near the preserve.

I worry he's dead and will never be found. The remoteness and flooding have caused quite a lot of issues at the reserve and may hide something like this

I remember officers discussed how they van hit the curve. Brian said she hit my arm. When Gabby was asked she said "for a second" then quickly changed it to hitting his arm.
Officer said, if someone was hitting my arm it could have felt? as if she was responsible for pulling? hitting the steering wheel, the other officer said the truth was probably somewhere in-between. I can see how both Gabby and Brian thought they were telling the truth as they saw it. I am sure those officers wish now they would have taken more action.
I'm pretty sure BL first told them that Gabby had grabbed the wheel.
ETA:
Officer Robbins: (06:04)
Do you want to tell me about hitting that curve?

Brian Laundrie: (06:07)
Hitting the curb was her grabbing the wheel.

Officer Robbins: (06:09)
She grabbed the wheel?

Brian Laundrie: (06:10)
Yeah. She said, “I can’t believe you’re getting pulled over.” And then she grabbed the wheel.

Officer Robbins: (06:13)
What about the speed? Did she take over the pedal on you?
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Last edited:

Yes true- I guess he was supposed to be out there today, but delayed to tomorrow. They want to know where BL hung out in that preserve. Also new: both parents already looked for him the 13th & 14th for HOURS. What else don’t we know?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member