Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain retainers? I'm UK in-house, so don't really understand how they work.
Though rare, it can happen in a corporate setting also. I once had a very clever lead counsel at my firm who negotiated his salary on a retainer basis, I.e. he was paid on the first of the month IN ADVANCE of doing any work.

I'm pretty sure BL first told them that Gabby had grabbed the wheel.
ETA:
Officer Robbins: (06:04)
Do you want to tell me about hitting that curve?

Brian Laundrie: (06:07)
Hitting the curb was her grabbing the wheel.

Officer Robbins: (06:09)
She grabbed the wheel?

Brian Laundrie: (06:10)
Yeah. She said, “I can’t believe you’re getting pulled over.” And then she grabbed the wheel.

Officer Robbins: (06:13)
What about the speed? Did she take over the pedal on you?
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

OPS yes, I mean to say Brian said she grabbed the steering wheel, and Gabby say she hit his arm!! And officer said maybe the truth was somewhere in between.

By now would LE have his internet searches from the devices he had? Wonder what they may reveal?

Im wondering if someone who is internet saavy, as I would expect someone in BL's age range and who is an aspiring influencer would be, might they think to use some type of Incognito tab like Google Chrome offers, which doesnt save browsing history or cookies to your device to look up something relating to covering their tracks? Either of the crime itself, how to cover it up afterwards, or how to "disappear". Although I think a service provider would still be able to tell... But I also think LE would need a specific warrant for that activity from the service provider. Anyone know how that works and at what point in this investigation they would be able to get such a warrant? Again, just throwing possibilities out here.

Brian Laundrie's father is expected to join police in Florida in the coming days on a search of a vast wildlife reserve for the 23-year-old "person of interest" in the homicide of his former fiancee Gabrielle Petito, the Laundrie family attorney said Wednesday.

Lawyer Steven Bertolino said a North Port police detective asked for the assistance of Christopher Laundrie as they continue to search the Carlton Reserve where Brian Laundrie was said to have gone hiking Sept. 13. His parents reported him missing four days later.

"The North Port police informed me that they were focusing on certain areas of the preserve today and they were actually hoping that Mr. Laundrie could join them on that search," Bertolino said in a phone interview Wednesday. "Mr. Laundrie has consented and we are waiting for the call from the North Port Police Department to make that happen."

Sounds like they may have an area and want his Dad to coax him out, or just have him out to ramp of the pressure if Brian is watching.

Why would LE not allow it? Is it bc BL is a POI in GP's death? If we stick to the facts that we know, LE hasn't linked his disappearance to the homicide, and he disappeared before the officially named him a POI. I could be wrong about that...
(all MOO)
This is all interesting as I’m reminded of the Jayme Closs story. The entire town, friends and family and people from hours away came in droves to help with organized searches to try to find her. For days. There has been no request here to do anything remotely on that scale, let alone a minor scale. What could that mean? They haven’t said he could be armed and dangerous, or that he could be deceased. Yet they continue to search that area. But they’ve not organized a search requesting locals to help. Is this typical in cases where they think someone may be deceased?

But they bought the phone on the 4th and AT&T employees are keeping mouths shut. Most likely FBI already confirmed the sighting of RL and BL at the shop buying a normal phone.
My point was that the car could have been gone because it was at Walmart, or Costco, or any number of places they may have used it to, you know, drive themselves somewhere. Not necessarily because it was definitely at the Preserve at that time. MOO

ETA: we know RL and BL both used that vehicle, IIRC.

Why would LE not allow it? Is it bc BL is a POI in GP's death? If we stick to the facts that we know, LE hasn't linked his disappearance to the homicide, and he disappeared before the officially named him a POI. I could be wrong about that...
(all MOO)
FBI isn't going to let him join them, so he is safe in offering to....if he really wants to help, he and mama can sit down for a long interview with the FBI and come clean. jmo

I dont think we should read too much into the times they posted pics. "Social media influencers" always post old pics when they don't have enough fresh content. Their youtube had footage from the 2019 road trip to california too..Also they didn't have wifi/phone service everywhere her mom said it was normal not to hear from her for a couple days. JMO

I'll concede that influencers do post irregularly and old content, but this was during the strange gap in the timeline when she was in the hotel, so I think it's important to question. I wouldn't honestly call what she posted content, honestly. Filler really. She had been somewhere between Moab and SLC for the last few days. Surely she had something to post from the days of August 13-17th when he left her for Florida? And if they did break up at that point like some people suggest, then it makes sense she didn't post. But what happened for those 4 days is the real question? And then she stayed in a hotel for another few days, which adds more questions. MOO

Yes true- I guess he was supposed to be out there today, but delayed to tomorrow. They want to know where BL hung out in that preserve. Also new: both parents already looked for him the 13th & 14th for HOURS. What else don’t we know?!
Lawyer: Brian Laundrie's father expected to join search for son

they looked for him for hours on the 13th and 14th? But didnt report him missing until Fri afternoon , the 17th and said that he was missing since the 14th. Hmm

(all MOO)
Correct he was named a POI on Weds. 15th Sept. but I would think as the family were on MSM demanding answers I'm guessing he already knew it was coming.

This is all interesting as I’m reminded of the Jayme Closs story. The entire town, friends and family and people from hours away came in droves to help with organized searches to try to find her. For days. There has been no request here to do anything remotely on that scale, let alone a minor scale. What could that mean? They haven’t said he could be armed and dangerous, or that he could be deceased. Yet they continue to search that area. But they’ve not organized a search requesting locals to help. Is this typical in cases where they think someone may be deceased?

Carlton Reserve isn't as benign and safe as a lot of other places, too many people stomping around might create injuries etc.

Gabby Petito's father says he wants Brian Laundrie found alive - CNN

Gabby Petito's father said he wants the young woman's fiancé, Brian Laundrie, found alive.

"I just hope he's found. I really do... I mean, like, alive," Joe Petito said in an exclusive interview on the "Dr. Phil" show that aired on Wednesday, following another segment on Tuesday.

"I want to look him in the eyes," Nichole Schmidt, Petito's mother, added.

I'll concede that influencers do post irregularly and old content, but this was during the strange gap in the timeline when she was in the hotel, so I think it's important to question. I wouldn't honestly call what she posted content, honestly. Filler really. She had been somewhere between Moab and SLC for the last few days. Surely she had something to post from the days of August 13-17th when he left her for Florida? And if they did break up at that point like some people suggest, then it makes sense she didn't post. But what happened for those 4 days is the real question? And then she stayed in a hotel for another few days, which adds more questions. MOO
Well she didn't just sit in the room that entire time. She was seen at the cafe nearby, so it's plausible she went around the area, maybe shopping and seeing a few sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member