Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of Brian Laundrie search, source says - CNN

There's also this one that explains better what the purpose was for asking him to assist and the reason that it was delayed.

BBM -
"Earlier, law enforcement had asked his father to show them trails that his son was known to have used, but then told him that because of the discovery, they wanted to search the area alone."

ETA: The "discovery" was the campsite they found.

I have no respect for the L’s but I have three sons and a stepdaughter in their early 20’s. They are legal adults, it’s not so easy to control what they do. It’s not easy to convince someone to get mental health help either, it’s not like you can just tie them up and forcibly bring them somewhere. JMO
(I still believe they made many MANY mistakes in how they handled this)
Echos of my father....."This is MY house........" (meaning you follow the rules of the house/family, or leave). I should soften that up, just that if it extends to what the Laudries appear, IMO, to let BL get away with....I don't think I'd be covering for him.

Last edited:
I feel like today may not be a very productive day at home for me! So much to try and catch up on, and waiting for activity at the preserve or campground. Wonder what will become of CL’s possible “assistance “ in the investigation?

Same for me over here…my kiddo is at school so I’m adulting again.

Haven’t seen anyone reporting that there is any activity at the reserve yet. If there is any, reporters will be there.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1446091536706547712

@audpants is on the scene at #Laundrie home. No movement yet as we hear Chris Laundrie may join the search for his son #BrianLaundrie

I've noticed a private aircraft N27DJ circling over the reserve this am. Looking at previousflights. it's been in the area two days, only flight are over the reserve. Private owner.

N27DJ Flight Tracking and History 07-Oct-2021 - FlightAware

Only other aircraft is Sky Aviation, probably a news helicopter.

Moo..

I have no respect for the L’s but I have three sons and a stepdaughter in their early 20’s. They are legal adults, it’s not so easy to control what they do. It’s not easy to convince someone to get mental health help either, it’s not like you can just tie them up and forcibly bring them somewhere. JMO
I agree with your post. Being a parent is very much by the skin of your teeth kinda stuff. You try and do your best in the circumstances and at that time. IMO many parents would change many decisions they have made in regard to their child/children.

RSBM
I think it's possible he even accidentally strangled her as he did something horrible to her in the tent.

How do you accidentally strangle someone? Strangulation is an ultimate form of power and control where the offender can demonstrate control over the victim’s next breath, and it prevents the victim crying out. Brain death happens in about 4+ minutes.

However it is completely within their power to answer the P family's phone calls when the L's son returns back to the home without GP. If GP lived in my house and my son returned from a cross country trip without her, I would be calling GP to see if she's ok and I would be on the phone with her family asking what I can do to help and give them whatever information I had. They failed to do any of that. IMO.

In case people missed it:

Josh Taylor, the North Port Police Department's chief spokesman, told Fox News that his department did not ask for Chris Laundrie's involvement – nor did police "postpone" it.

"In no world would we be the agency asking the family to help search in an FBI led investigation," he said, deferring further questions to the FBI, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He also declined to discuss whether North Port police had invited Chris Laundrie to join the search prior to the FBI taking over the case.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says

I'm wondering, why LE was so certain that BL is in the reserve from early on.
I haven't read anything in this regard.

As I recall, early reports state that "intelligence" led them to search there. I doubt they would publicly state what that intelligence is. Everything I have seen indicates to me that they are sure he is there (meaning apparently ignoring all the various sightings and so forth), but I doubt we will ever find out why they believe that unless/until this comes to trial. JMO

RSBM
How do you accidentally strangle someone? Strangulation is an ultimate form of power and control where the offender can demonstrate control over the victim’s next breath, and it prevents the victim crying out. Brain death happens in about 4+ minutes.

He had already violently grabbed her face and hit her. We have it on body cam.

Strangling is up close and personal and takes time. If manual strangulation it’s no accident.

Last edited:
This article, which is 15 hours old, states that Chris Laundrie was asked to assist but he was "unable to do so". And then goes on to state, "Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris' involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."
Brian Laundrie's Dad Was Asked to Help Search Preserve; New Questions About Date Son Vanished

There are contradictory reports so who knows.
Is this a new factoid (from above link): "Phone records show her cell had been turned off since about Aug. 27." ??

I'm wondering, why LE was so certain that BL is in the reserve from early on.
I haven't read anything in this regard.
Yes, it’s been a mystery. Especially because local LE searchers had said that the Carlton reserve search had been “exhausted” — only to have FBI come in for extremely intense, expensive, high tech searches spanning 2 weeks. And going several times to the Laundrie home to collect evidence. Now asking the father to assist. There has to be good reason for it all.

Is this a new factoid (from above link): "Phone records show her cell had been turned off since about Aug. 27." ??

No, not new.

The message (on Aug 27th) is the last known communication anyone had with Petito, and following the exchange, her cellphone ceased being operational ....
Petito's cellphone had been turned off for about 15 days as of Friday, the warrant said.

Gabby Petito's mother said the final text she received from her daughter's phone was 'odd' and concerning, according to search warrant
Sep 21, 2021

Exactly. This is a Federal case, and North Port would never step on the Feds toes by making such a bizarre request.

Even if this was their investigation, they would never do that.

"Here's an idea, let's ask the father of the fugitive to compromise the search for his son."

No.
I say we strap on some hiking boots, hand them a bottle of water and set them out deep inside the preserve. Let them go for it. o_O

No, not new.

The message (on Aug 27th) is the last known communication anyone had with Petito, and following the exchange, her cellphone ceased being operational ....
Petito's cellphone had been turned off for about 15 days as of Friday, the warrant said.

Gabby Petito's mother said the final text she received from her daughter's phone was 'odd' and concerning, according to search warrant
Sep 21, 2021
So where did the Aug. 30th, "Yosemite" text originate? Are they talking Friday, Sept. 15th? That would mean cell was after after the 30th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member