Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morality

Helping someone else find a corpse ensuring that your son gets the death penalty VERSES saying nothing and maybe your son only gets life (or escapes from the country).

Where does what is right weigh in on each side. You're not reporting your son for stealing a candy bar to help him learn a lesson in honesty. You are actively participating in assuring that your son pays for his crimes. There is no learning from it, that can undo what was done. Yes, GP's parents are in pain, but so are BLs parents. They aren't going to hold hands and help ease each others pain. So, I think perhaps, I would leave morality for the stolen candy bars and follow my lawyers advice in this situation.

Okay I understand what you are saying. But just for a moment, step outside the way you are thinking and think with the heart. If someone called you and said my daughter is missing she was with your son, is he there? And let's say for the sake of argument you know your son is a mischievous rapscallion. And you know he is mendacious. And you go and you ask him and he won't answer. Do you do everything to cover for him and his ways? Or do you answer the phone or send a text like I suggested earlier. If you want to protect your son, you do that. If you want to do the right thing, you answer the phone.

It's hard for me to relate to this. What if there's an emergency and she needs to reach you or you need to reach her?
My mom and my friends have each others' numbers. I have Mom's friend's numbers. I have phone numbers of some of my friends' family members.
We do this in case of emergency or other reasons we may need them.
Could be anything. Car accident, natural disaster, health emergency, criminal activity, etc.
There's a million scenarios in which we would need these numbers.
Maybe I'm with a friend and God forbid something happens and I need to reach her family.
Or I need to talk to my Mom's friends because God forbid. Or because I want to throw her a surprise party.
Maybe my friend can't reach me and we had plans and it's been hours and I'm on the floor.

Etc.
MOO

Your post and the one you were replying to just goes to show that there are many different ways that normal people interact with their adult children and with other families. That is why I personally am trying to keep an open mind about everything in this case - not only do we have almost 0 verified facts, we know nothing at all about how all of these people normally related with each other.

Anyone know anything about DTBH? Not heard or read anything.
Last I saw was BabyL putting up a tweet with a photo of more dribble from SB. Now he is claiming CL searched for BL on 9/13/21 for 4-5 hrs-you know, on that day the Laundrie’s couldn’t correctly remember the last time they sawBL cuz they were incorrectly associating his presence with other events?
Even this latest claim by the atty seems off. Consider: if BL went out for a hike early Monday morning(9/13/21) how long would he have to be gone before the parents thought hmmm, maybe we should go take a peek? And then they still had 4-5 hrs of daylight still left to stroll around the reserve?

try again SB.

I consider myself pretty fair minded and I’d like to believe the Laundrie parents are good people with a troubled son.
But with that said no way can I understand them not returning the phone calls from Gabby’s parents. Putting two and two together they had to know or guessed something was amiss with Gabby.
Even if they had answered the phone and said Brian is here but Gabby isn’t or if they didn’t know even saying the kids had a fight and we have no idea what’s going on!
Anything would have been better than the nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon