Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this thought today on my drive home. & this is pure speculation. The parents said he went to the Carlton Reserve. What if that was true…partially. How easy would it be - before he was reported missing & the FBI was involved in searching - for a family friend or relative to have signed a 1 year lease on an apartment & paid a few months rent in advance, then picked him up at the Carlton Reserve - & he’s sitting there chilling in an apartment & just not coming out? We all kinda went with what the parents said bc it made sense. He’s an outdoorsman, he likes to hike, & camp, etc. It made sense. The FBI wouldn’t have been monitoring communications at the time. & idk…that’s just an example but I feel like it could have been so so easy for something else to have happened & that’s a little frustrating. JMO & pure speculation.

That is really a brilliant plan and I could see that happening, but who got him the apartment?

I think for BL to be outside during all these rainstorms we've been having in the south lately, it would be very unlikely he's living outdoors. It would be so incredibly hard for anyone, being soaking wet most of these last few weeks - he'd be wishing he was dead if he isn't already. I can't believe all the discomfort hasn't flushed him out by now.

I also think getting his father involved in the search is a big way for the FBI and LE to remind the parents 'we aren't going anywhere', and now you have to get involved or it sure looks suspicious. Reminding them of that is a good thing.

JMO

I’ve thought from the jump of all this that if they would have just done that or even only said where Brian last saw her (still not discussing case details & then they don’t come off as cruel), they could have avoided a lot of all this. By all this I mean the media being camped outside their house & being completely raked over the coals by the media & social media. That’s JMO, but I truly believe that.

MOO Stating where BL last saw GP kind of defeats the purpose if you are hoping her body will never be found.

Gabby Petito’s family opens up on hunt for Brian Laundrie; believes he’s ‘missing piece’ to puzzle

"Just turn yourself in," Petito’s mother Nichole Schmidt said of Laundrie. "It’s just getting more and more frustrating as days go on. I don’t know what’s taking so long."

Petito’s family wants Laundrie found alive so he can provide the missing answers connecting the death of their 22-year-old daughter. The family believes Laundrie "knows everything," her mother admitted.

"He’s our missing piece to the puzzle to find out what happened," Petito’s stepfather Jim Schmidt said. "What happened out there? Until they find him, we won’t know."

1. Your link proves my usage of homicide. Homicide shows up on a death certificate if "According to the National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME), “[h]omicide occurs when death results from a volitional act committed by another person to cause fear, harm, or death.” There HAS to be proof of volitional act committed by another.
If there is not evidence for a volitional act, then it can not be listed has homicide. It can be listed as unknown, accidental, suicide, or natural.
A fractured skull by itself is not homicide. A fractured skull next to a rock covered in bloody finger prints of someone else is.

Homicide: Manner of Death vs. Legal Conclusion - Forensic Resources
Dealt with this in another post. Will not repost, look up.

That's the discussion of when homicide is found to be the manner of death, not the cause of death. See p. 6

https://name.memberclicks.net/assets/docs/MANNEROFDEATH.pdf

What if BL never went to the Carlton Reserve in the first place?
Prove it right, or prove it wrong. :)
I am wondering that as well, a previous poster here commented on the fathers return from the reserve and how they were in an area no one knew, but upon further searching it was a location that they had lived previously and the home was sold to a person that lives out of state.. Cant stop wondering when the fathers vehicle came to a stop in the road and the FBI came over to his side and they stayed that way for several minutes.... the reporter is in the vehicle behind them waiting for them to go...
Here is the video of them leaving the reserve ..... my thought is when the truck stopped was that eye view for the son to see provided the home was viewed from the street.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1446171102364016640

Homicide requires action by another. And it has to be discernable in the autopsy. I'm finding it hard to believe that a mere push or shove by itself and then (oops) traumatic head or neck injury on a rock bed would be sufficient for a coroner or ME to come to this finding. There were no eye witnesses. But there is presumably physical evidence on the body and the area where the body was found.

With the body having been undiscovered for 3 weeks, whatever they found has to be something that is still identifiable after some decomposition. More likely are: shooting, blunt force or sharp force trauma or strangulation. JMO.

TBH we may need to consider the possibility that he did not know Gabby was dead when he left. Maybe they had another bad fight again and he said I'm leaving you for good, I'll take the van and go back. You can fly home yourself etc. The money part can be explained by they normally share the card and he withdrew money for cash since he doesn't like carrying plastics etc.
Perhaps he went home thinking she was alive so they all found out on the 10th that something had horribly gone wrong. It's not weird for couples to give each other silent treatments. Maybe that's why he was acting normal in Fort Desoto pics.

Why would he bring the van back? Why not just run away from Teton area after taking the $1000?

We don't know much ; it sounds far fetched but anything's possible. And that's why the people said the million dollar question is when was Bertolino retained.

Why would LE conduct a million dollar manhunt for someone who committed a 1000.00 crime? They would not. This is a manhunt for a killer.

Been trying to read today’s thread. Seems like there are a lot of circular arguments going on. I’m not sure why it matters much whether BL used a credit or debit card? He either used a pin that wasn’t his or signed a name that wasn’t his and a grand jury found enough to indict him. I’m sure the exact card type will be revealed at trial. Personally, I’m not understanding the multiple posts saying it’s acceptable for BL to use Gabby’s card… a grand jury found reason for charges and I assume they have more detailed information than the rest of us do so it certainly does not seem like he used her accounts legally.

I’m also wondering if we should consider not taking anything SB says as fact at this point and treat it more as opinion? He has been contradicted multiple times in the media and has caused all sorts of misunderstandings in Gabby’s threads here. His mission at this point may be to try to obfuscate for his friends of 20 years (time frame according to SB via text to reporter). If that’s the case, we shouldn’t necessarily assume that he’s trying to be factual to the media or general public. I definitely agree that in the majority of cases lawyers’s statements should be treated as fact. I think here, however, we have enough information to consider that this may not be wise in this particular case.

Just my observations as I’m reading. Moo.

If you were on the jury, you would be starting at assuming him completely innocent. The state is required to prove his guilt.

Well, of course. That's what I meant. It's fine here on WS not to feel that way. But when discussion veers towards saying anything like "I'd only consider him potentially innocent as a juror if he could show x, y, z. " I worry about our jury system.
JMO

I have seen the regular speed video and that was eerie enough - and when I did it made me feel like she had already been killed or injured. There is so much darkness (energetically) around the van in that video. I would really like to see the slow motion one - can you post a link? I also didn't know the door was closing when they drove by. That is really eerie. Also the two vehicles is new information to me.

Sorry I wasn't clear above as far as which video I saw the vehicles. You can see these vehicles in the Bethune video. Here is a link to the Bethune video (the link is on the first page of every new thread in the second post)

if you pause it at minute 1:07 and ad 1:12, you can see each vehicle

ETA: there's also a link to the slow mo video (enhanced van video) on the from page but the link is no longer working. when you click on it, it takes you to something totally different

Last edited:
SBM for focus. That house is definitely not 10,000 square feet. So either they are talking about some other house that the Laundries run their juicer business from, or it's poor fact-checking on the part of the editor. It is possible that their *lot* is 10,000 square feet. Or, the author got an extra zero in there and the house is 1,000 square feet (what's a log among friends?) (MOO)
The house is 1400 + sq ft (from article linked in a prior thread).

Why fake the message?

There's a simple enough, plausible explanation for the Yellowstone message that nobody seems to take into account. It's not unreasonable that people who travel and frequently talk about travel, camping, etc, would have frequently typed the names of other popular locations. Well, our phones learn our patterns. And so it's not outside the realm of reality for someone just sending a quick text to type out a "Y" and hit send without realizing that predictive text said Yellowstone, not Yosemite. The two words look similar enough if you're not paying attention. Remember it's only speculated that Gabby was dead before that message was sent, but none of us actually know that.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member