Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that agent is highly trained in building rapport and coaxing out information. Laughing with CL likely helped him relax, maybe think the agent is on his side, really just wants BL found safely, etc. like most of you, I don’t think that excursion had anything to do with whatever they looked at in the preserve. It was an information gathering mission, imo.
Exactly my thought. When I saw that photo, I saw it as promising - that LE was building rapport with CL. And I didn’t fault him for smiling, or even laughing. Think what you want of his actions in the past month, but don’t forget that he’s a human being - his world has been turned upside down, and he’s likely had very little positive interaction with other people in recent weeks.

This is NOT to excuse whatever he may, or may not have done, to help GP’s family or to find BL. I just don’t think a photo of him smiling can be interpreted as evidence of his callousness.

The only things we are seeing are the things the media wants us to see. The photos, the moments, the words that capture attention and generate revenue. We’ve already seen how misleading their edits can be. Snippets of interviews taken out of context, or paraphrased - they are controlling the narrative here.

Yeah. Maybe just evidence that he may have dumped there, and then moved on to another location...jmo

I can see that. He might have dumped a cell phone that pinged there last and is trying to retrieve it. I could see that.
I don't understand if the media can be watching that house 24/7 and all sides and even over-head, why LE couldn't do the same.

If LE wanted to they would. Trust. They probably didn't watch the backyard/fence. He could have easily jumped, climbed, or crawled through the broken fence.

Is there so much attention at the Reserve to distract us from what is going on near the AT and now the Great Smokey Mtn NP (GSMNP)? DD states "...the man pulled his car up to his and asked for directions to California, but he did not want to take the Interstate ... he wanted to use back roads."
Brian Laundrie Alleged Sighting on Appalachian Trail, Hiker Claims

Then, MSM suggests there is a potential sighting on Hwy 321. Blount Co. woman claims she saw Brian Laundrie on Hwy. 321

These two alleged sightings work together and make sense as DD alleged he wanted to take a back roads. What backroads continue West from Hwy 321?
I don't think LE would spend the kind of money they are spending on the reserve just as a distraction. Heads would roll. It's a very expensive endeavor.

I don't think LE would spend the kind of money they are spending on the reserve just as a distraction. Heads would roll. It's a very expensive endeavor.
But look at the amount of money spent on the searches in the Dulos case. Major amounts of money. And nothing. I believe that this will eventually amount to nothing also.

I can see that. He might have dumped a cell phone that pinged there last and is trying to retrieve it. I could see that.
Could be part of a plan by Laundrie family. Buy a cell phone, leave car parked at Reserve, dump cell phone there and have someone else pick up Brian to allow him to run. All to mislead LE. MOO

Why would a person leave a vehicle in a location they are going to hide?
The only reasons I can think, to make a name for himself out smarting LE or a ruse/decoy.

I don't get all the time in the reserve, unless LE has evidence he's in there. Its gonna look really bad if they don't find him and no evidence to back up millions in expenses. Somebody's gonna demand answers.

Moo...
Leaving that vehicle there makes no sense. If he went there to commit suicide maybe, but not if he was going to be on the run or hiding out. I wish they could find GPS for the red truck and see if it went to the reserve at the same time the mustang appeared. And how would this family put together a plan, that would need to be so intricate to be successful and give their son a fair chance at surviving long-term in the elements...Harsh and dangerous elements. He would need survival tools, MREs, clothing, items for shelter and protection from rain. What about medications? Is he on any he will need long term? Think how long Gabby and BL planned their trip in the van and that was surely much easier, than hiding out in an alligator infested reserve. Just makes no sense.

Good Morning WS Buds!
Interesting day, yesterday. I find myself more and more envisioning BL kicking back, safe and sound, fully stocked, eating tofu in a safe house, watching events unfold on a laptop. Despite the horrendous prospect of his son being consumed by ravenous reptiles, Dad managed to joke around with LE at the game preserve during his extensive one hour search. I suspect the only Crocs in this saga are: on BL's feet somewhere and buried deep in the narrative.

Headlines today suggest BL has been under surveillance since GP was reported missing. Whoopsie. He shape shifted, assumed liquid form, and flowed under the door out into the highways and byways disguised as a puddle. Something like that. Anyway, I doubt BL is bug bitten and surviving on rainwater and fire ants.

Ever hear of a snipe hunt? This one has cost the citizens of Florida $1.2+M and its been a doozy. The worst part of it is that its being done at the expense of justice for a young girl murdered and left to decompose on a dry creek bed out in the open. A girl so full of guileless light and life that her end has ignited the world's conscience. Well, ALMOST the whole world. The culprit didn't have the decency to throw a handful of soil on top of her after they robbed her of her life, bank card, van, and skedaddled. Consider the somber hunt for that body and the mirthful one yesterday. Quite a contrast.

So, one set of parents who once enjoyed the spirited company of a lively girl now own a small box of something no human would ever want to see and the other parents have camping, smores, the invisible man and stony silence.
MOO

So eloquently stated. Thank you.

But look at the amount of money spent on the searches in the Dulos case. Major amounts of money. And nothing. I believe that this will eventually amount to nothing also.
I'm not familiar with that search. Are you saying LE spent a ton of money on a search that was only for distraction, and did not intend to find anything?

I bet that agent is highly trained in building rapport and coaxing out information. Laughing with CL likely helped him relax, maybe think the agent is on his side, really just wants BL found safely, etc. like most of you, I don’t think that excursion had anything to do with whatever they looked at in the preserve. It was an information gathering mission, imo.

I concur with this thought. To get information and understand ones behaviors first requires getting the guard to go down. Casual conversation about Brian during a stroll, with subtle questions like “tell me about Brian as a kid”, and responses like, “that must have been frustrating, how did he handle that”, (as examples) can help in creating a picture of who Brian is that isn’t told in his social media. Such analysis can help LE better understand based on past behaviors what his future behavior and decisions may be, assuming he is still alive.

I'm not familiar with that search. Are you saying LE spent a ton of money on a search that was only for distraction, and did not intend to find anything?
No, they believed they would find something..this isn't necessarily a distraction. I have no idea.

I understand that people are putting forward theories that Brian’s parents may not have had any idea something was amiss until Gabby’s parents started contacting them and I do not begrudge them at all. However, there’s one piece of information that, to me, cements the likelihood that they were aware something was very wrong early on.

RL made reservations on 8/24 for 2 people to go camping from 9/1 - 9/3. On 8/31, before Brian was back, she canceled those reservations. IMO, at least by 8/31 they knew something was seriously wrong and it needed to be dealt with. It’s possible that on 8/31 Brian called them from the road, making up some story that he was coming home, devastated because he and Gabby had broken up and his parents wanted to be there to comfort him. I just don’t see that as a viable reason though - would parents really cancel a trip just to comfort their adult son?

Laundrie family changed Fort De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

It's interesting that he (Dog) hasn't searched the reserve(s), which makes me think the FBI ordered them not to go anywhere near it, because they have more evidence that BL could be in it.
I think it's simpler than that. Isn't the Reserve closed to the public? Ultimately, Dog is just a member of the public.

This was brought up yesterday, but I just want to bring it up again in light of the date changing. This video was posted by Fox 13 on 9/13. It's obviously from their evening news report, but I've linked the video to a specific time. They were obviously out in the neighborhood earlier in the day because they filmed the Laundrie home in daylight hours and spoke to a neighbor.

Sarasota, FL Weather History | Weather Underground

According to WU, the Sarasota airport station showed a strong thunderstorm starting around 4:30 pm and lasting until approx. 6 pm. From the standing water in the driveway, I would assume this interview took place after that storm, but before the 7:30 sunset since there's plenty of daylight.

Maybe just working backwards and finding tidbits like this establishing when it wasn't there will help narrow down the last time it was there.

Thoughts?

I understand that people are putting forward theories that Brian’s parents may not have had any idea something was amiss until Gabby’s parents started contacting them and I do not begrudge them at all. However, there’s one piece of information that, to me, cements the likelihood that they were aware something was very wrong early on.

RL made reservations on 8/24 for 2 people to go camping from 9/1 - 9/3. On 8/31, before Brian was back, she canceled those reservations. IMO, at least by 8/31 they knew something was seriously wrong and it needed to be dealt with. It’s possible that on 8/31 Brian called them from the road, making up some story that he was coming home, devastated because he and Gabby had broken up and his parents wanted to be there to comfort him. I just don’t see that as a viable reason though - would parents really cancel a trip just to comfort their adult son?

Laundrie family changed Fort De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show
I would say, "OK, let's spend time together camping".

I think they may have canceled the trip due to Hurricane Ida.

He has implicated his parents and sister...if he cared about them, he had a choice not to, but he absconded from the scene of the crime and descended upon them. jmo

I could have definitely been clearer on this post, Cady...

Except I didn't say he cared about them, I said maybe he is scared of what they, as in the authorities, are gonna do to him. a huge distinction. You know with him being self-centered as we have seen and has been mentioned so much here it seems like it's an accepted fact does it not?.

Except their actions don’t indicate they are in denial, they indicate they are covering up and protecting.

The parents in moo..
Obtained and paid for an attorney for BL
They met LE visit with attorney information
Never returned inquires from GPs family
Withheld information he was missing

The parents protected him, even after the missing person report was filed.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member