Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit baffled about the trip back to FL by BL when he flew home in the middle of their journey and GP stayed at a hotel in SLC. Did GP ever mention that BL flew back home when she communicated with her mom? What about texts or phone calls between BL and GP during this time? Kind of strange that we have not heard anything about this. Unless of course the FBI has all of that......

I don't think these books drove BL to become a killer. Gabby read them too as we can see in her TikTok and Instagram photos.

I looked up that author and those books on Amazon... they are very popular books with 20-something people, according to the comments there. The author is loved by his readers. From what I have read about the books, including one called "Lullaby" which is in a lot of their videos and photos, they are violent books with "dark humor" and don't sound like something I'd like to read, but not the sort of book that would cause someone to become a serial killer, if there is such a type of book. (Personally I don't think that's likely) The books by this author include "Fight Club" which I don't think anyone believes would lead to someone becoming a serial killer. But I was curious too though whether they were super violent books and it doesn't sound like they are worse than any crime/horror books, they just have more social commentary to them, which fits with what we know of BL.
IMO

Agreed. I think almost any talk of books/music/artwork etc secretly revealing a person's true personality is absurd, and almost always comes across as hypocritical. IMO

Dog the Bounty Hunter claims Brian Laundrie could be a 'serial killer, not just a killer of Gabby' | Daily Mail Online

Dog the Bounty Hunter claimed Brian Laundrie could be a 'serial killer' because of his 'dark' choice of literature which is '10 times worse than 'Dungeon and Dragons.'

Dog, who was convicted of murder back in 1976, speculated that the sole person of interest in the homicide of Gabby Petito could have killed in the past, saying he is 'not just a killer of Gabby'.

The 68-year-old reality TV star, real name Duane Chapman, told The Sun people don't just become killers 'overnight' as he continues to embark on his own search for the 23-year-old fugitive.

'I'm thinking more and more about him being maybe a serial killer — not just a killer of Gabby. The books he reads are unbelievable,' he said.

Dog pointed to the 'serial killer books' Laundrie was reading as a sign of his 'demonic past.'

'A couple of the books that he's been reading are 10 times worse than 'Dungeon and Dragons',' he said.

'This kid, Brian, has taken those books obviously to heart. And this is what happens when your kid is looking at those kinds of things.

'He built himself to be that by looking at that kind of, let's say the dark side stuff. There are pictures of demons all over it.'

He added: 'I hope the jury that sentences him doesn't get to see what he's like.'

Dog, who was sentenced to five years in prison in 1976 for the botched drug deal where his accomplice shot a man dead, said killers are 'made'.

'He just overnight just didn't become a killer. A killer is made, and he is built to be or she, a killer,' he said.
Eh...Pretty sure the guys most like Brian (IMO: CW, PF, and SP) only killed their SOs.

Suffolk County deputies are on Long Island, NY. Not sure how they could have had them under surveillance. They might have had a BOLO, but never eyes or he'd be in custody. MOO I also heard the same report you reference that once they got to it on the ground they discovered that the campsite was not a campsite after all. MOO
Oh my I respectfully disagree. I don’t think BL thinks about anybody but himself. He left beautiful Gabby laying in a field and fled with her van and credit card.
He left his sister and her family in a mess.
He stayed at his parents home just long enough to make them one of the most hated couple in America.
I hope he’s found but honestly I think he’s hanging in a tree somewhere even though I think he’s a coward and cowards don’t kill themselves!

We are all geniuses in hindsight. Until BL is arrested, and the truth is exposed, wild, rampant speculation along with character assassinations will continue.

Only the murderer of GP could have prevented her death. No one else is to be blamed. Red herrings discussed are meant to fill a void until something more enticing comes to the forefront, such as the discovery of BLs whereabouts. JMO, MOO

I don't think anyone here is thinking they are a genius in hindsight or is posting rampant speculation or character assassination. MOO

Fmr. Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey was just on CNN and said that the parents of BL need to go before a grand jury now to lock in their testimony. He said that law enforcement was basically messing around with them and wasting time until the grand jury happens.

Also, how does the FBI not have *any* of the cellphones of BL or GP?

BBM

I want an answer to your question, Glammistress.

If the FBI isn't in possession of BL's or GP's cell phones, then where are those phones?

Someone knows the answer to that question.

imo, SB is also his source for the supposed campsite at the reserve; despite the "headline" on the tweet that has been posted which reads "law enforcement says...", cuomo says in the video embedded in the tweet that a "source close to the family has told me that law enforcement says"...
Interesting. My insight into SB would reflect that he would be no fan of CNN, at all. Just saying. My impression only. We are not allowed to sleuth or share information about him here.

Oh my I respectfully disagree. I don’t think BL thinks about anybody but himself. He left beautiful Gabby laying in a field and fled with her van and credit card.
He stayed at his parents home just long enough to make them one of the most hated couple in America.
I hope he’s found but honestly I think he’s hanging in a tree somewhere even though I think he’s a coward and cowards don’t kill themselves!

Disagree with which part? Honest question. SCPD is in New York. They have zero jurisdiction in Florida. I would say (IMOO) that it is near impossible to claim that SCPD has been surveilling Brian Laundrie. Did they have a BOLO (Be on the Lookout) out on him before one was issued nationwide? Yes. I'm sure they did. But Josh Taylor's claims that SCPD was surveilling is nonsensical nonsense IMOO.

MOO, they're doing damage control in anticipation of a possible civil suit. They're concerned it could be coming, rightfully so, IMO. Moab police should be too if the discrepancies which we know from the published police report and body cam 2 get followed up on. Officer Pratt's body cam is NOT consistent with his report.

He is heard telling Gabby he has witnesses saying BL slapped her and in his report he states there were no reports that the male struck the female. We've posted both multiple times here. And, another poster also posted an official government link showing he changed the report. Something is up with that too. MOO. JMO

I noticed that too...but felt officer was exaggerating that there were two people that saw Brian slap her so he could get her to admit if Brian did, that it was ok to admit that....or to find out what really happened. LE sometimes lie to get more information. And Chris might have changed exactly what he saw when he reflected back.

Do we know if Chris made the phone call or someone else?

I was replying to another poster. No idea how these two merged!

All it takes is to pitch the tent there and make a little fire pit out of a ring of rocks. Rocks were plentiful in the area. It's the same with any camping site, you just pitch a tent and you have a camp.
There was nothing in the whole campground, as far as amenities.

A walk-in campsite is similar and I have camped at them many times. You walk a distance from your vehicle and put up a tent. It's a very simple, primitive form of camping and very common. I can easily see them pitching a tent in that area, in part for privacy, in part for the view, and it was a nice flat area.

IMO

What I meant is that someone had probably used that area before because it was suitable and close to the road. jmo

Would there ever be a reason that this may be an opinion? Just wanting to know what to put in the "fact" and "not a fact, but opinion" file...thanks for your insight.

I don't understand why this is causing so much confusion. The indictment lists the bank account and debit card numbers. The Petito family knows Gabby's bank account and debit card numbers. The family's lawyer stated these are Gabby's bank accounts and Gabby's debit card.

If one bank card is listed and the attorney for the Petito family states that Brian used Gabby's bank card, why would we assume there is a second unauthorized use that just wasn't charged (for using Gabby's card) and this one is really someone else's?

FACT: "BRIAN CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capital One Bank debit card ending in 8774 and a personal identification number for Capital One Bank accounts ending in 0525 and 8665, and by such conduct obtained things for value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interestate commerce."
SOURCE: United States v. Brian Christopher Laundrie, No. 21 CR 113-S (D. Wyoming) (September 22, 2021)

FACT: "He used her credit card to get home."
SOURCE: Richard Stafford, Petito family attorney, available at: Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

Treating these two pieces of information as fact, I do not see how any other conclusion can be drawn than that the account numbers listed in the indictment belong to Gabby.

Just because the FBI did not phrase their statement about the indictment in a way that a poster would prefer does not suddenly make an indictment that lists specific account numbers an opinion.

BBM

I want an answer to your question, Glammistress.

If the FBI isn't in possession of BL's or GP's cell phones, then where are those phones?

Someone knows the answer to that question.

MOO the most they have is a 150 mile radius of where the phones last were. This is why BL got a new phone on 9/4/2021 IMOO. It was to give them a phone with nada on it. And, if I had to lay a bet, I'd bet AT&T was a brand new carrier - so that they could not get any past reports - at least not easily. Some people think the Laundries are "flighty." I have always believed they are calculated and cunning. Their planning, their actions, this is what is demonstrated to me anyway. This is MOO. Not fact.

I think it’s more about his behavior IMO but added with his interests, (not just the books) his art, his ability to lie and deceive and evade police. JMO

His "art" is all copied from other people, including whoever did the book jackets for his favorite books. So if his art isn't original, it's not even coming from his own thoughts.

We don't know how much lying he's done. We're all just guessing. And I doubt he could have evaded police to this degree without a LOT of financial and logistical help from someone, someone probably related to him or involved for years with his family. JMO

My guess is that he murdered Gabby. He had motive and opportunity, but it's just a guess. Every day that goes by without him turning himself in makes things WORSE for himself, and some part of him must realize that. If he's innocent then turning himself in now and explaining his actions is the best move. His parents must realize that by now. The other very possible option is BL ends up dead, and I'm sure they don't want their only son dead just because he's a coward, for whatever reason.

Bottom line to me, all LE has really screwed up, and it is time for some press conference to summarize SOME details. There have actually been a relatively high number of sightings in North Carolina... at least tell us that they have been ruled out.

As I said earlier, I still think the Laundries kept saying they thought he was in the Reserve, to try to minimize extended searches in multiple directions... but this really does appear to be such a devisive and diversionary tactic.

Lets hear SOMETHING from LE in NOrth Carolina..........

To take up a bit for my state of NC, it's not as though "LE in NC" is one entity (unless we're talking about the State Bureau of Investigation-- SBI) But most 911 sightings of BL are being reported to sheriff's offices in rural counties for investigation. That's where the AT is, after all

I'm not sure how LE (anywhere) can call press conferences to rule out sightings. Most of the time, unfortunately, sightings can't be ruled out. It seems to me the only way to do that is to ID the person seen and determine it wasn't BL. (And sometimes if photos exist experts can determine the person isn't BL using technology but photos are rare.) I expect though most of the sightings near the AT won't be ruled out. Bearded men in the mountains may not be aware of tbe case but even if they are and think they've been mistaken for BL, a majority won't be rushing to the nearest LE to say "Look at me. I'm not him."

Certainly some of the NC sightings are not BL though because he couldn't be in so many different places distant from each other at the times he was supposedly spotted.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member