Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess, Mexico.
Interesting you say that. I was recently speaking to an old friend who spent time in Casa Azul. He ran an Airbnb for someone. He said there were 30% Americans there, and was a serious retirement place. No one does paperwork, and there are many uncounted Americans. It's 90 minutes from San Diego. I believe one can go there and get lost. He happens to be retired LE. Lives in FL now. Ironic lol. Americans did odd jobs and made a great living.

Just as many of us suspected … so where is he? My guess ? NY ?
JMO

If alive, BL is probably somewhere on the East Coast, but due to the alleged sighting by DD near the Appalachian Trail, I hope he isn't heading towards California, where I am. Still, it's time to start memorizing his gait, tattoos, etc...

JMO

I don't think these books drove BL to become a killer. Gabby read them too as we can see in her TikTok and Instagram photos.

I looked up that author and those books on Amazon... they are very popular books with 20-something people, according to the comments there. The author is loved by his readers. From what I have read about the books, including one called "Lullaby" which is in a lot of their videos and photos, they are violent books with "dark humor" and don't sound like something I'd like to read, but not the sort of book that would cause someone to become a serial killer, if there is such a type of book. (Personally I don't think that's likely) The books by this author include "Fight Club" which I don't think anyone believes would lead to someone becoming a serial killer. But I was curious too though whether they were super violent books and it doesn't sound like they are worse than any crime/horror books, they just have more social commentary to them, which fits with what we know of BL.
IMO

Yes in the article it is mentioned how BL quoted somewhere on social media that he got “his fiancée” to read these books and that they read one of them out loud to each other.

I agree with many of you who say that what we read doesn’t indicate who we are. I think it is good to be widely read.

However in this case I think something different is going on. Because it’s not just what BL read, according to @TheGardener - it is also what he posted and drew and other such things. I don’t recall it all. In other words in this case with BL there may have been intense obsessions with such things.

And actually another poster - I wish I could remember who it was - took the time to delve deeply into BL’s stuff and she posted about it a few threads ago with citations, and said basically it was so vile you could not believe it.

Perhaps this is what Dog is referring to. At any rate hope those who know can comment and IMO it’s not something to be dismissed lightly.

Last edited:
Dog the Bounty Hunter claims Brian Laundrie could be a 'serial killer, not just a killer of Gabby' | Daily Mail Online

Dog the Bounty Hunter claimed Brian Laundrie could be a 'serial killer' because of his 'dark' choice of literature which is '10 times worse than 'Dungeon and Dragons.'

Dog, who was convicted of murder back in 1976, speculated that the sole person of interest in the homicide of Gabby Petito could have killed in the past, saying he is 'not just a killer of Gabby'.

The 68-year-old reality TV star, real name Duane Chapman, told The Sun people don't just become killers 'overnight' as he continues to embark on his own search for the 23-year-old fugitive.

'I'm thinking more and more about him being maybe a serial killer — not just a killer of Gabby. The books he reads are unbelievable,' he said.

Dog pointed to the 'serial killer books' Laundrie was reading as a sign of his 'demonic past.'

'A couple of the books that he's been reading are 10 times worse than 'Dungeon and Dragons',' he said.

'This kid, Brian, has taken those books obviously to heart. And this is what happens when your kid is looking at those kinds of things.

'He built himself to be that by looking at that kind of, let's say the dark side stuff. There are pictures of demons all over it.'

He added: 'I hope the jury that sentences him doesn't get to see what he's like.'

Dog, who was sentenced to five years in prison in 1976 for the botched drug deal where his accomplice shot a man dead, said killers are 'made'.

'He just overnight just didn't become a killer. A killer is made, and he is built to be or she, a killer,' he said.
By his logic, being on this site is a sign of our "demonic past" and is full of serial killers

I’m a Chuck Palanhuik fan. I’ve ready Lullaby. It’s honestly my favorite of his books that I have read so far. He’s a very popular author with the twenty something age group. I don’t think there’s any connection to what happened with him and Gabby.

I thought he might be a multiple (not really serial) killer too, but not based on what he read. True crime is one of my favorite genres and I have no killing instinct or desire in me. That's just unfair of Dog.
I base my thought on other things. Which I posted a week or so ago but was instantly deleted. So I'm not sure I can go into that here again.
But if it turns out BL has multiple victims, I won't be surprised at all.

So it does sound like they camped there the night or day she died, and he just left her there and took all their camping gear ... somewhere.
First sighting there was on the 26th. If true, they must have stayed overnight. I just figured it was probably in the van. jmo It was by the girl who said he was driving too slow,,but she did not see Gabby. The girl wasn't positive about 26 th, so maybe it was 27th, in which case neither stayed there. Gabby was killed and BL took off on his "hike"......I say that because I don't think he hung around very long after the murder.

Fmr. Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey was just on CNN and said that the parents of BL need to go before a grand jury now to lock in their testimony. He said that law enforcement was basically messing around with them and wasting time until the grand jury happens.

Also, how does the FBI not have *any* of the cellphones of BL or GP?

Reply to right post now:

I think this should have happened weeks ago. I kept wondering if they let them be with the hope that one of them would initiate contact. I definitely agree with this. They need to shake these people up. MOO

I understand all of that, but without cause of death, we are only guessing at this point. I'm not of the opinion that accidental death involving someone else would be considered murder. We don't have any facts, or even a cause of death at this point to make an assessment.
Well, it could still be considered homicide or manslaughter, meaning she didn't kill herself but someone else was involved. And the other person involved in her death will still be in trouble.

From the Cornell link that @dacjess posted:

Homicide

Homicide is when one human being causes the death of another. Not all homicide is murder, as some killings are manslaughter, and some are lawful, such as when justified by an affirmative defense, like insanity or self-defense.

I’m a Chuck Palanhuik fan. I’ve ready Lullaby. It’s honestly my favorite of his books that I have read so far. He’s a very popular author with the twenty something age group. I don’t think there’s any connection to what happened with him and Gabby.

i think chuck p is perennially popular with the twenty something age group ;)

Totally agree on the nonsense.

I know this isn't the point he was making, but technically everyone DOES become a killer overnight. The day someone kills for the first time......they were not a killer the day prior.

JMO

From what I read or crime shows....I thought serial killers got off on the planning. Not much planning done here.

Interesting you say that. I was recently speaking to an old friend who spent time in Casa Azul. He ran an Airbnb for someone. He said there were 30% Americans there, and was a serious retirement place. No one does paperwork, and there are many uncounted Americans. It's 90 minutes from San Diego. I believe one can go there and get lost. He happens to be retired LE. Lives in FL now. Ironic lol. Americans did odd jobs and made a great living.
Yeah, but this guy has a near $200K bounty on his head. I don't see him not getting caught by the Cartel. MOO

I would be a decent amount of money that there was an existing camp site there that had been used before the van was ever nearby. Ime, you have to be pretty of the beaten track to have to build your own camp from scratch. jmo.

All it takes is to pitch the tent there and make a little fire pit out of a ring of rocks. Rocks were plentiful in the area. It's the same with any camping site, you just pitch a tent and you have a camp.
There was nothing in the whole campground, as far as amenities.

A walk-in campsite is similar and I have camped at them many times. You walk a distance from your vehicle and put up a tent. It's a very simple, primitive form of camping and very common. I can easily see them pitching a tent in that area, in part for privacy, in part for the view, and it was a nice flat area.

IMO

We are all geniuses in hindsight. Until BL is arrested, and the truth is exposed, wild, rampant speculation along with character assassinations will continue.

Only the murderer of GP could have prevented her death. No one else is to be blamed. Red herrings discussed are meant to fill a void until something more enticing comes to the forefront, such as the discovery of BLs whereabouts. JMO, MOO

Well, in dog's defense, he wasn't reading "dragon and dungeons".

What did I miss? Where did dog's d&d reference come from? Are there even d&d "books"?

I think it’s more about his behavior IMO but added with his interests, (not just the books) his art, his ability to lie and deceive and evade police. JMO

Just as many of us suspected … so where is he? My guess ? NY ?
JMO

If it were me, a homeless camp on the west coast. When everybody has a past, no one cares, usually soup kitchen close and warm weather.

Maybe a Caribbean Country, hiding in a boat would be easy access. Heck, he's out smarter NPPD and the FBI.,

The AT is hard, wet, cold snowy weather, little food this time of year, can't build a fire for heat, bathing in a freezing river, get off trail and being seen by hunters. Folks in the mountains have guns and aren't afraid to stand up to an unknown stranger messing around.
He not tuff enough. Maybe a nice warm cabin, with a fire, plenty of food, in the mountains.

Mexico, its so dangerous, even the resort areas have protection. It takes guts and guns to live on the run in Mexico.

BL is long gone. He parents may truly not know where he is. If he's smart he told no one.

Moo....

Well, in dog's defense, he wasn't reading "dragon and dungeons".

What did I miss? Where did dog's d&d reference come from? Are there even d&d "books"?

I think it’s more about his behavior IMO but added with his interests, (not just the books) his art, his ability to lie and deceive and evade police. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivybridget