Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post was a response to another member's post questioning taking everything the parents say as fact. Unless they have some information we don't, it hasn't yet been established this was a murder. (I deleted my comment because when I wrote it, I hadn't yet read the moderators instruction that DV is not to be discussed. Oops!)
Do you mean murder in terms of the law? I doubt that will be made public until BL is found and if charges are laid against him. Then the prosecution would charge with manslaughter, murder 1, etc.

If you just mean how she was killed? It has been determined to be homicide, which the general public often interchanges with murder since it means killed by someone else.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Leading attorneys weigh in on case tied to Gabby Petito homicide — Fox News

Homicide

Fmr. Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey was just on CNN and said that the parents of BL need to go before a grand jury now to lock in their testimony. He said that law enforcement was basically messing around with them and wasting time until the grand jury happens.

Also, how does the FBI not have *any* of the cellphones of BL or GP?
Those cell phone records--I would think the FBI should have them by now. We can speculate this and that, but a clear history of events can be formed just with times and locations of calls and texts, as well as who called and texted who. A lot of blanks will be filled in with those records.

Fmr. Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey was just on CNN and said that the parents of BL need to go before a grand jury now to lock in their testimony. He said that law enforcement was basically messing around with them and wasting time until the grand jury happens.

Also, how does the FBI not have *any* of the cellphones of BL or GP?
IMO BL threw any phones away.

It seems unlikely to me that the FBI would make such a decision on the spur of the moment, especially if Bertolini is telling the truth that liaising was involved (personally, I don't think he's a liar). But wth do I know. Thankfully, the FBI is beyond my experience and may they remain so :D
I am inclined to trust SB over the media all day long. He has been made fun of here, but there are no facts presented to call into question his statements in this evolving situation, that I have seen. JMHO, IMO, MOO

Last edited:
Do you mean murder in terms of the law? I doubt that will be made public until BL is found and if charges are laid against him. Then the prosecution would charge with manslaughter, murder 1, etc.

If you just mean how she was killed? It has been determined to be homicide, which the general public often interchanges with murder since it means killed by someone else.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Leading attorneys weigh in on case tied to Gabby Petito homicide — Fox News

Homicide
I understand all of that, but without cause of death, we are only guessing at this point. I'm not of the opinion that accidental death involving someone else would be considered murder. We don't have any facts, or even a cause of death at this point to make an assessment.

Dog the Bounty Hunter claims Brian Laundrie could be a 'serial killer, not just a killer of Gabby' | Daily Mail Online

Dog the Bounty Hunter claimed Brian Laundrie could be a 'serial killer' because of his 'dark' choice of literature which is '10 times worse than 'Dungeon and Dragons.'

Dog, who was convicted of murder back in 1976, speculated that the sole person of interest in the homicide of Gabby Petito could have killed in the past, saying he is 'not just a killer of Gabby'.

The 68-year-old reality TV star, real name Duane Chapman, told The Sun people don't just become killers 'overnight' as he continues to embark on his own search for the 23-year-old fugitive.

'I'm thinking more and more about him being maybe a serial killer — not just a killer of Gabby. The books he reads are unbelievable,' he said.

Dog pointed to the 'serial killer books' Laundrie was reading as a sign of his 'demonic past.'

'A couple of the books that he's been reading are 10 times worse than 'Dungeon and Dragons',' he said.

'This kid, Brian, has taken those books obviously to heart. And this is what happens when your kid is looking at those kinds of things.

'He built himself to be that by looking at that kind of, let's say the dark side stuff. There are pictures of demons all over it.'

He added: 'I hope the jury that sentences him doesn't get to see what he's like.'

Dog, who was sentenced to five years in prison in 1976 for the botched drug deal where his accomplice shot a man dead, said killers are 'made'.

'He just overnight just didn't become a killer. A killer is made, and he is built to be or she, a killer,' he said.

I don't think these books drove BL to become a killer. Gabby read them too as we can see in her TikTok and Instagram photos.

I looked up that author and those books on Amazon... they are very popular books with 20-something people, according to the comments there. The author is loved by his readers. From what I have read about the books, including one called "Lullaby" which is in a lot of their videos and photos, they are violent books with "dark humor" and don't sound like something I'd like to read, but not the sort of book that would cause someone to become a serial killer, if there is such a type of book. (Personally I don't think that's likely) The books by this author include "Fight Club" which I don't think anyone believes would lead to someone becoming a serial killer. But I was curious too though whether they were super violent books and it doesn't sound like they are worse than any crime/horror books, they just have more social commentary to them, which fits with what we know of BL.
IMO

Bottom line to me, all LE has really screwed up, and it is time for some press conference to summarize SOME details. There have actually been a relatively high number of sightings in North Carolina... at least tell us that they have been ruled out.

As I said earlier, I still think the Laundries kept saying they thought he was in the Reserve, to try to minimize extended searches in multiple directions... but this really does appear to be such a devisive and diversionary tactic.

Lets hear SOMETHING from LE in NOrth Carolina..........

It just seemed to me it happened all so quickly. They found her and then nothing else was reported that I saw. It seemed the coroner left quickly with her. I don't know and that's why I'm asking those questions. In other cases the crime scene in usually searched and worked for days. And maybe this was and I just missed it.

I was VERY surprised how quickly they left. No search for weapon? Large rock with finger prints? I never saw footage of LE photographing scene. Something must have been pretty obvious to be able to leave so quickly. imo

The serial killer thing is nonsense. He's right in the sense that he probably didn't become a killer overnight, but he would have worked up to it via prior acts of aggression.

Not other murders.
Totally agree on the nonsense.

I know this isn't the point he was making, but technically everyone DOES become a killer overnight. The day someone kills for the first time......they were not a killer the day prior.

JMO

I guess I must have missed discussion of this, but it strikes me as interesting:

Excerpt and BBM:

Jim Schmidt, who joined the search for Ms Petito in Wyoming, shared new details of the location in the Bridger-Teton National Forest where she her [sic] remains found.

He said there were clear signs a tent had been pitched and a fire lit beside the makeshift grave where her remains were located.

Link:

Gabby Petito’s parents say they want Brian Laundrie jailed ‘for the rest of his life’

So it does sound like they camped there the night or day she died, and he just left her there and took all their camping gear ... somewhere.

My guess, Mexico.
Interesting you say that. I was recently speaking to an old friend who spent time in Casa Azul. He ran an Airbnb for someone. He said there were 30% Americans there, and was a serious retirement place. No one does paperwork, and there are many uncounted Americans. It's 90 minutes from San Diego. I believe one can go there and get lost. He happens to be retired LE. Lives in FL now. Ironic lol

The indictment itself lists the last 4 digits of the accounts that were accessed. That identified the accounts without specifically naming the holder. Gabby's family's attorney confirmed that they were her accounts and he used her card. Since the account numbers were listed in the indictment, I think we can be confident her family is correct. They would know the last 4 digits of her account.
Would there ever be a reason that this may be an opinion? Just wanting to know what to put in the "fact" and "not a fact, but opinion" file...thanks for your insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592