Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall the family did report him missing because they were concerned he may hurt himself. I can’t find an approved news site quickly to cite but if you Google “Brian Laundrie parents concerned hurt himself” there are many sources including some ABC news sites and Yahoo news, who used that comment in their articles, but I don’t know if they’re approved here.

I was talking about the current media reports. According to the current media reports, there were no concerns regarding suicide.

I'm not the person who posted recently on this issue. But I can tell you why I have wondered.

First, it seemed odd to me GP's name wouldn't be mentioned in the indictment. Maybe it wasn't odd but it seemed so to me.

Second, I'm used to attorneys choosing words carefully ("It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.") So did the attorney mean it was GP's account or did he mean it was a card for someone else's account that GP was authorized to use? Maybe others don't care and that's fine. But either way it would have reasonable to call the card "Gabby's card." And BL wouldn't have been legally authorized to use it either way. But in my mind, there is a slight question about the details. Since we have so few details from authorities, it would be nice if the ones we think we have were pinned down 100%, especially for things than can be pinned down.
JMO

Her name was not listed in the indictment. Only the last 4 digits of the accounts he sole money or credit from. There are 3 accounts alleged to have been accessed.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.1.0_1.pdf

MOO

BL worked at Publix which regularly discards out of date/wilted food. He knows when the store he worked at does that. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he is collecting food from dumpsters behind grocery stores. Hopefully the police are watching for this but with all the focus on the wilderness areas, they may not have been watching for this.
Very true!

I don't understand why this is causing so much confusion. The indictment lists the bank account and debit card numbers. The Petito family knows Gabby's bank account and debit card numbers. The family's lawyer stated these are Gabby's bank accounts and Gabby's debit card.

If one bank card is listed and the attorney for the Petito family states that Brian used Gabby's bank card, why would we assume there is a second unauthorized use that just wasn't charged (for using Gabby's card) and this one is really someone else's?

FACT: "BRIAN CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capital One Bank debit card ending in 8774 and a personal identification number for Capital One Bank accounts ending in 0525 and 8665, and by such conduct obtained things for value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interestate commerce."
SOURCE: United States v. Brian Christopher Laundrie, No. 21 CR 113-S (D. Wyoming) (September 22, 2021)

FACT: "He used her credit card to get home."
SOURCE: Richard Stafford, Petito family attorney, available at: Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney
you go girl! We have to keep to the facts, when the reality is just so full of fluff....

Treating these two pieces of information as fact, I do not see how any other conclusion can be drawn than that the account numbers listed in the indictment belong to Gabby.

Just because the FBI did not phrase their statement about the indictment in a way that a poster would prefer does not suddenly make an indictment that lists specific account numbers an opinion.

BL worked at Publix which regularly discards out of date/wilted food. He knows when the store he worked at does that. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he is collecting food from dumpsters behind grocery stores. Hopefully the police are watching for this but with all the focus on the wilderness areas, they may not have been watching for this.

Speaking of scavengers!

Would BL risk being spotted on security cameras though? Assuming Publix and other shopping centers would have some kind of surveillance system.

There "kind of" were. Remember he went and spoke with a second witness at MF who described the grabbing of her face. MOO

Pratt's body cam was withheld - now we know why (because it did not match his official report) and that withholding is being looked into. See here for all links:

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

I see a difference between multiple slaps on the face and grabbing her jaw. Gabby clearly stated he did not hit me but grabbed my face and scratch my cheek. Cant remember exact words. No reason to lie if she admitted one thing but not the other. imo

Just saying FWIW, if BL is dead in a bush somewhere, there should be signs from wildlife such as hawks or scavengers.

What are the odds that he has decided to completely flip things around and has somehow blended into "normal society" in an urban setting?

I think that is also likely, probably more so than him living outside on the AT during the fall and winter. Couldn't he easily blend into the mass of population in NYC? I think so, given his average appearance and average height and knowledge of New York. He would not really stick out anywhere. He could be hiding in plain sight.

Maybe someone needs to buy billboards of his face and put them up in cities on the east coast. Like in that movie.... "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri"

Behind the Real-Life Unsolved Murder Case That Inspired Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

We spend plenty of time outdoors, but FL might as well be another planet as far as my knowledge goes. I thought that the environmental factors there would only speed up the process, but I'd love to hear someone with some expertise or even just a more educated opinion chime in on this. Do we have anybody here that knows?
It’s still hot and very humid and rainy- all speed decomposition - iMO - I researched two body farm websites that specialize in tracking this - if he went into that preserve 9/12 - and was exposed all this time? Sigh… but I expect he’s ha going in the AC somewhere north of FL these days
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member