Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD's and BM's anniversary coming up soon, from the time their eyes first locked across a dumpster. What a story to tell in the future to others.
Wasn't this alledged first meeting around the time BM shared those cards/letters from Suzanne to him, to prove just how much she loved him?
Smells can evoke such strong memories and emotions. Imagine walking past a dumpster " sniff ~sniff . . . ahhhh I wonder what kind of day my honey is having? I think I'll text him a heart emoji"

Damn I hate that growing older stuff, however I am aware of the options, so I’ll roll with it. You are 100% correct on the Tim fellow (so who’s getting older? )

From day one the Ritter's declined all interviews. You would think if they thought Suzanne in danger they would be out there asking for help, sharing their concern. I would guess at the time, the media would have been beating down their door, who else was available to address that situation?

Thought it was interesting in the AA on page 70 SA Grusing later told Barry that Suzanne told Jeanne Ritter not to come over to have coffee that week, and by that wording it seems to me like it was a weekly ritual. But they obviously did meet from what we heard in the PH. Apparently it was Jeanne who asked to check the house, not that Barry asked her…..

Page 20 AA

While on the jobsite, Barry explained that his neighbor, Jeanne Ritter, called him and explained' _ still could not reach Suzanne. Jeanne, who has the access codes for the house, asked to go check the house. Jeanne discovered Suzanne's car was there; however, her mountain bike was not.

I have a feeling Jeanne Ritter probably knew the score.

To that end…Barry could have stayed there with the Ritter's, I just didn’t think so, I certainly could have it wrong. Your comment. “So, he could keep his eyes on things from there.…” makes total sense to me. That would definitely be a Barry move at that time.
I agree, @Murphy1950. I think maybe JR was feeling a little conflicted by then. She may have heard or seen something BM said or did that made her uneasy. Also, if the phone records retrieved from BM’s cell were correct, SM’s “I’m done” text was sent when she was over having coffee with JR. If SM was confiding in JR about leaving BM, she may have told her not to come by the house because she knew BM would be in a rage.
I always thought, and mentioned it as a possibility in the early threads, that JR may have said something to LE when they first responded to JR’s call reporting SM missing that contributed to LE’s early suspicion of BM.
Aside from that, it appears the Ritters were friends as well as neighbors. It was the daughters who called her first when they couldn’t reach their Mom. MR was in on the early searches with BM. Maybe it was he who suggested they allow BM to stay with them.
At 6:09 in the PE extended interview with AM, he talks about arriving in Maysville about 8:00 pm on 5/11. He said BM’s house was locked down so he stayed at an AirBnB almost next door down the driveway from BM’s house, (Cushman’s) and about 6:20 he says “at that time BM was staying with the neighbors at a house across the river basically right behind his house.” This was when I made the assumption that BM was at the Ritters’. There is one other home over there, but when I searched the public records, I found that the house belongs to a couple that I have never heard mentioned in conjunction with this case.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjZ-4uAnMDzAhWnqHIEHd9LCg4QtwJ6BAgCEAM&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQsQL1gkco&usg=AOvVaw06f6DwFhZuehgXFmmRlSPF

Last edited:
MOD NOTE

We are in the process of SNIPPING all posts that have used an unapproved nickname for the current girlfriend of BM. Going forward, please use the INITIALS of this person - SD - in any posts that refer to her. Her name and initials have been added to the list of case players in the opening posts of this thread, and all subsequent ones.

DO NOT USE HER NAME OR ANY NICKNAME in posts.

It is a violation of WS policy to use nicknames or derogatory versions of anyone’s name on our site. Use accurate initials.

THANKS for your efforts to uphold the intentional high standards of Websleuths.

bbm
He used the week for First Meetings with Purpose? (My blaspheming day today, it seems. Can't help myself, if BM is the theme.)

Respectfully, I think you may have meant Adventures with Garbage.

But really, if you met your soul mate at a dumpster, wouldn't you tweak that tale? Met in a cul de sac, met near an asthetically unimaginative 5 rock cluster, anything but a dumpster.

I don't know anyone who spends so much time with dumpsters.

Maybe he's just really good at throwing everything away.

JMO

Respectfully, I think you may have meant Adventures with Garbage.

But really, if you met your soul mate at a dumpster, wouldn't you tweak that tale? Met in a cul de sac, met near an asthetically unimaginative 5 rock cluster, anything but a dumpster.

I don't know anyone who spends so much time with dumpsters.

Maybe he's just really good at throwing everything away.

JMO

RBBM

Or too lazy to recycle anything.

JMVHO.

About that steak Barry and Suzanne shares, off one plate, didn't Barry say Suzanne probably made potatoes?

I can't find it in the AA -- but pretty sure I read it.

Did they find any potatoes or potatoes skins in the house?

And what's with Barry's overuse of the present perfect? Would have, usually, probably. No, Barry, not what happened sometimes, tell us what happened that time.

It is hard to be inventive, it ought to be easy to recollect -- unless you're making it up.

JMO

MG, who was "not the other woman", but got suspected as a mistress publicly, maybe knows (I think: has to know), since when BM had found his soulmate SD.

I always thought MG's statement is interesting because it means 1) I am not the other woman; and 2) I am also implying that there is indeed another woman (it's just not me)

I think Barry had side pieces and Suzanne knew this, and Barry's work associates and friends knew this. Even people back in Indiana knew this.

my opinions only

I always thought MG's statement is interesting because it means 1) I am not the other woman; and 2) I am also implying that there is indeed another woman (it's just not me)

I think Barry had side pieces and Suzanne knew this, and Barry's work associates and friends knew this. Even people back in Indiana knew this.

my opinions only

my opinion too.

my opinions only

I do think Barry was likely fooling around, but it doesn't appear MG had any knowledge of this. She apparently didn't tell law enforcement anything in that regard, and I'm sure they asked.

That's a super common expression, and it can mean there is another woman, or it can simply mean "I'm not having an affair with him."

I believe it was meant solely as the latter.

Really sorry for my post, but it's playing on my mind.

Suzanne's clothing, when they find her, and I do think she will be found one day (I really want her to be able to go home to her friends and family, can't bear the thought of her being alone and left out in the cold, dumped, just lying there under a rock/tree/alfalfa :()
What will she be wearing, if any evidence of clothing left? How much was thought about/ planned, BM had a LONG time to think about this from 2.48pm to 4.30am (ish) - will she be in biking clothing, just in case she was found, will she be in white vest top and shorts or something else?

Suzanne's clothing, when they find her, and I do think she will be found one day (I really want her to be able to go home to her friends and family, can't bear the thought of her being alone and left out in the cold, dumped, just lying there under a rock/tree/alfalfa :()
What will she be wearing, if any evidence of clothing left? How much was thought about/ planned, BM had a LONG time to think about this from 2.48pm to 4.30am (ish) - will she be in biking clothing, just in case she was found, will she be in white vest top and shorts or something else?
It all comes down to if she changed out of the bathing suit she took her "last proof of life" in.

She may have taken that photo and changed, or she was murdered while wearing it, and Barry took it off after killing her and put it in the closet.

I think it is possible BM sexually assaulted her before killing her so I think she will be naked if ever found.

I'm rather confused. The Ritter couple... what's HER name, and what's HIS name?

In one place I read it's Jean (female) and Martin (male) and in other places I've read it's Gene (male) and Martine (female).

Can someone please point to an accurate source on this?

Of no surprise, I believe it was the DM that first introduced a female neighbor as Jeanne R:

Friends said they asked neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing.

Ritter declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com.

Summer Stehle, 43, the stepmother of 17-year-old Macy’s best friend, said: ‘The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ''we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?''

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online 5/20/20

ETA: AA pg 3. 911 Dispatcher first identified caller as "Scott Ritter" and AA correction as "Martin Ritter."

Husband Martin phoned dispatch to report SM missing and his wife Jeanne went to PP to search for SM.

Seattle1 has names correct, as per the Chaffee County Assessor’s web site.

https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=928&LayerID=18090&PageTypeID=4&PageID=8092&Q=1889387909&KeyValue=R368531300099

Is the Cushman name correct? I did not find that name as owning property in Chaffee County, or any Colorado county, on the assessor’s site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419