Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing I think about a lot is SB revised the date of the phone buying to Sept 4 (originally he said the 14th). I haven’t seen any compelling evidence that BL was around after Sept 6 at DeSoto. I do think it was perhaps a de facto goodbye get together. While a neighbor claims to have seen him after that, I do think it’s possible they could be wrong.

I tend to put some weight behind the dates that SB provides, even if he does have to later correct them. Now, do I think he should ask his clients to be absolutely sure they are correct before they tell him dates and he releases that information, yes. But I think there would be some irreparable harm done to his client(s) if it's been stated numerous times that BL went hiking on the 14th (later amended to the 13th) and then they had to come back and amend that to say, oh, sorry, we lost an entire week in there and he actually left on the 6th/7th.

If that's true, it will come out. When BL is finally found or when phone records are obtained or CCTV footage or something allowing LE to better track his comings and goings, when he actually left will come out, and it would be absolutely detrimental to the case if it were off by a week. BL on the run is bad enough, to add an additional week into that definitely makes it look like aiding and abetting.

I think SB does give out intentionally vague and purposefully worded statements, but to completely make up a date seems like a big risk for him. I'm not an attorney, so I'm not 100% sure of what their ethical and legal obligations are, but I feel like that could possibly lead to disbarment. They may be friends, but are they the kind of friends you sacrifice your career for?

Here's a copy of the warrant.
It states that from August 30 to about September 1 he used the device.

That could suggest he used other joint money or cash they had following a possible death date of August 27.
Or that he used it immediately after her death if we are to assume a date of death to be 29 August.
He drove into his hometown arriving at approximately 10am on September 1, possibly having driven all night.
#1 in United States v. Laundrie (D. Wyo., 0:21-cr-00113) – CourtListener.com

From the previous thread:

@jjonez When they are asked for their DL in the Moab stop, they both clearly have FL licenses, which are oriented vertically and are a medium blue. NY DLs are oriented horizontally and lighter in color.

Excellent information, thank you! Great eye, and good sleuthing.

But I wonder still. Wabasso ave? JP’s addy? Other?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who were asking in the previous thread, this is what was said immediately after Gabby was found deceased:

"According to the FBI, the manner of death is considered a homicide."

"The actual cause of death has not been determined."

source: Gabby Petito's Cause Of Death Pending As Brian Laundrie Still Nowhere To Be Found

This has all previously been discussed at great length here with some saying this could rule out a gunshot and others saying the wound may be hidden etc. etc.
YES>...discussed. BBM as someone said previous ; No apparent cause of death.

Two lines on death certificate.
Manner of death: Natural i.e cardiac arrest. Unnatural. . i.e. homicide
Cause of death (in this case, yet to be released). Natural would be 'massive heart attack,

Unnatural would be anything that is suspicious. i.e. asphyxia, blunt force trauma, etc. relating to manner of death, homicide.

I have suspected the COD has not been released as it may be of some evidentiary value, or it may be for some other LE reason.

For those who were asking in the previous thread, this is what was said immediately after Gabby was found deceased:

source: Gabby Petito's Cause Of Death Pending As Brian Laundrie Still Nowhere To Be Found

This has all previously been discussed at great length here with some saying this could rule out a gunshot and others saying the wound may be hidden etc. etc.
Cause of death is determined upon full autopsy.
Preliminary autopsy will usually provide manner of death if apparent.

Cause & Manner of Death | Snohomish County, WA - Official Website

Gabby Petito update: FBI’s decision to hold victim’s remains, cause of death ‘very unusual,’ Dr. Baden says

Here's a copy of the warrant.
It states that from August 30 to about September 1 he used the device.

That could suggest he used other joint money or cash they had following a possible death date of August 27.
Or that he used it immediately after her death if we are to assume a date of death to be 29 August.
He drove into his hometown arriving at approximately 10am on September 1, possibly having driven all night.
#1 in United States v. Laundrie (D. Wyo., 0:21-cr-00113) – CourtListener.com

I just noticed that they indicate that a trial would take more than 5 days. That's a good indication that they have much more to present don't you all think?

Sorry I should reword my question. How would the Petitos be concerned for both GP and BL when the van was at the Laundrie residence?
They did not know Brian was in Florida, they thought both could me in some type of situation since they could not get in touch with Gabby or Brian. LE told them he was in Florida with the van.

That was 3 days after she was found. They have since determined the CoD and have not released it.

I specifically said "immediately after Gabby was found deceased." Thanks for confirming.

The point here is that they said it was a homicide, but said they didn't have a cause of death. Which is a little unusual.

Agree, can't help wondering if we will hear anything from the coroner soon regarding cause etc or whether they are keeping that for the arrest ie: only he would know
Missy Bevers was murdered in April of 2016, there has never been an arrest for her murder and the cause of death has never been revealed. LE says it is still an active investigation................jmo

I specifically said "immediately after Gabby was found deceased." Thanks for confirming.

The point here is that they said it was a homicide, but said they didn't have a cause of death. Which is a little unusual.
It is not unusual.
A full autopsy can take up to 6 weeks or longer depending upon how fast laboratories work examining organs and toxicology.

The article says the cause of death has not been determined. The FBI tweet says "the cause of death remains pending final autopsy results."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH