Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears so. I truly hope there’s a break in the case regarding BL’s whereabouts soon, because otherwise the case seems to be stalled. And after stalled comes cold…

Have no fear. We have no idea what the FBI is working on behind the scenes - reviewing surveillance footage, following tips, analyzing electronic data. They could even be searching physically in areas the press aren't looking. It is frustrating to have no updates, but I haven't given up hope yet :) MOO

Last edited:
Sorry I should reword my question. How would the Petitos be concerned for both GP and BL when the van was at the Laundrie residence?
They didn't know until the 10th or 11th that the van was at the L's home. They were not being communicated with at all and had been trying to find out when the Laundries had heard from them. They didn't even answer the text that the Petito's were getting in touch with the authorities. Once LE told them the van was in Florida they realized that BL wasn't missing - Gabby was the one missing. This is my understanding of it.

For those who were asking in the previous thread, this is what was said immediately after Gabby was found deceased:

"According to the FBI, the manner of death is considered a homicide."

"The actual cause of death has not been determined."

source: Gabby Petito's Cause Of Death Pending As Brian Laundrie Still Nowhere To Be Found

This has all previously been discussed at great length here with some saying this could rule out a gunshot and others saying the wound may be hidden etc. etc.
That was 3 days after she was found. They have since determined the CoD and have not released it.

It appears so. I truly hope there’s a break in the case regarding BL’s whereabouts soon, because otherwise the case seems to be stalled. And after stalled comes cold…
If you think about it, nothing has "happened" with this case since the day the autopsy results showed homicide, which I think was 9/22. Weeks ago. There's been lots of searching and whatnot since then, but nothing further has been released about Gabby's death or what subsequently happened to Brian. Nothing.

I think it's safe to say we are definitely in stalled territory here. jmo

Sorry I should reword my question. How would the Petitos be concerned for both GP and BL when the van was at the Laundrie residence?

In the beginning the Petito family didn’t know where either of the kids were. I am not sure of the date when they found out the van was in Florida.

They just couldn’t seem to find out any information about either one at first. That is why they wondered about the both of them.

^—THIS, a MILLION times!!
The public is appalled, with many being absolutely furious, at the fact that CL and RL have shown absolutely ZERO empathy for the death of Gabby. They could still protect every legal right and silently show compassion for Gabby and her family. This will be on the jury’s mind, if Gabby’s case ever gets to trial. MOO
IMO the Laundrie parents, Roberta and Christopher, are not doing what you suggested aka showing empathy and grief at the Gabby memorial people made on their front yard by kneeling and praying, genuinely or even just for show in order to ease the frustration people have towards them, because they genuinely have ZERO empathy for Gabby, her family, and her loved ones, and the Laundrie parents can not bring themselves to even do that. MOO

If you think about it, nothing has "happened" with this case since the day the autopsy results showed homicide, which I think was 9/22. Weeks ago. There's been lots of searching and whatnot since then, but nothing further has been released about Gabby's death or what subsequently happened to Brian. Nothing.

Agree, can't help wondering if we will hear anything from the coroner soon regarding cause etc or whether they are keeping that for the arrest ie: only he would know

From the previous thread:
Yes, I’m wondering if that is the case. Also thinking about something I read (from NS? I can’t recall) that GP was expected to return to New York at the conclusion of the van life adventure. And it makes me wonder, again, what was GP’s address of record? I haven’t seen DL, passport or the like to know for sure.

Moo
@jjonez When they are asked for their DL in the Moab stop, they both clearly have FL licenses, which are oriented vertically. NY DLs are oriented horizontally.[/QUOTE]

ETA: original Moab video, 58:00 in.
ETA again: BL’s license was an older FL license, issued before the federal REAL ID requirements kicked in. GP had one of the newer licenses.

Last edited:
Have no fear. We have no idea what the FBI is working on behind the scenes - reviewing surveillance footage, following tips, analyzing electronic data. They could even be searching physically in areas the press aren't looking. It is frustrating to have no updates, but I haven't given up hope yet :)
Yes, you’re right, thanks. :D

Have no fear. We have no idea what the FBI is working on behind the scenes - reviewing surveillance footage, following tips, analyzing electronic data. They could even be searching physically in areas the press aren't looking. It is frustrating to have no updates, but I haven't given up hope yet :)

Pressure to solve this case is huge. So many photos of them gives SM and journalists a lot of material.....but....if they are looking for a body it may never be found. Example, took over 200 LE including FBI, helos, two sets of dogs, weeks to find a body less than 1/2 mile from her home. Sad to say.

I fear this will go cold. But lets not give up hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members