Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that no one would have seen Gabby the night of the 27th, all day and night of the 28 and all day of the 29th if she were alive during that time? With no phone and the keys to the van missing? Don't you think she would have asked for help, or at least borrowed someone's phone? I think he killed her on the evening of the 27th, maybe 6hours after the Merry Piglets hullabaloo, and that they probably fought about it all day. He was all bent out of shape and she was sad and embarrassed. jmo
I get it, and I agree. I can see it happening on the 27th.

That said, we don't know if anyone saw GP at the campground between the 27 and 29th. Not everyone posts their sightings all over SM. It is hard to believe she was alive if nobody saw her, but I find it equally hard to believe that BL walked off and left the scene on foot, only to hitchhike back 2 days later. So he sets his alibi and then sends the Yosemite text to GP's mom and then drives back to FL using her card? Is that nonsense the best he could come up with in those two days?

If Gabby only had her"

Gosh, on the link I shared earlier, it appears that the learner's license is the only one printed vertically.
If, in fact, all she had was her learner's permit it would explain her deferring to BL's driving. As well as explaining why she felt a larger degree of dependency upon him.
But ~ are you even able to buy or lease a vehicle without a valid, full on driver's license?
Weird. Maybe? But you may have to have a fully licensed driver with you. Are you sure that she only had a learner's permit? jmo

Try as I may, I am unable to find anything on something I distinctly remember reading while Gabby was still missing. That was a report that said Brian had dropped Gabby off at Signal Mountain Lodge on two different days so that she could work. There was even a picture of the lodge, as far as can I remember. Has anyone seen that location mentioned anywhere in relation to Gabby? (There is a post of a girl who says her mother saw her there on 08/27, but that's not what I had previously seen.)

That she was going to be with her friends in Yosemite or Yellowstone so he decided to give her and her friends some "girl time." He came home to stock up on supplies, see family over labor day, do some work on the van, etc. I assume that would sound plausible, at least for a while.

Exactly until we get more solid information or evidence, the overall opinion no matter how solid it seems has holes that need to be filled in. Were they with anybody else for instance at any point on this trip?

It would not surprise me if the van is registered at JP's address and was covered by his auto insurance. jmo
Yes, I recall that the van is registered there. There was mention
It would not surprise me if the van is registered at JP's address and was covered by his auto insurance. jmo

BBM
"Petito’s vehicle was found in North Port at her home on September 11th, which she shares with her boyfriend Laundrie and his parents."

But the thing about insurance. He was 23, the rates for males under the age of 25 on average is quite expensive. I don't see that he could afford his own vehicle and her vehicle. JMO. I'd guess she was still covered under her parents insurance but again, do we know who the car is actually registered to?
"
Car insurance does go down at 25. The average price of car insurance for a 25-year-old is $3,207 for an annual policy. By contrast, drivers pay an average of $7,179 at 18 and $4,453 at 21 — which demonstrates that car insurance does go down as you age."

Does Car Insurance Go Down at Age 25?
SOURCE: Gabby Petito disappearance: Moab police report details altercation between van life couple

Maybe he had the keys to try and prevent her from leaving him. Perhaps she talked about having her friend come pick her up as we know she was uncomfortable driving the van. Hard to say, but there are scenarios to consider.
BBM
The scenario in bold is disturbing, and, if true, would prove how controlling Brian is/has been.

I get it, and I agree. I can see it happening on the 27th.

That said, we don't know if anyone saw GP at the campground between the 27 and 29th. Not everyone posts their sightings all over SM. It is hard to believe she was alive if nobody saw her, but I find it equally hard to believe that BL walked off and left the scene on foot, only to hitchhike back 2 days later. So he sets his alibi and then sends the Yosemite text to GP's mom and then drives back to FL using her card? Is that nonsense the best he could come up with in those two days?
Yosemite text was sent aug 30. Stan text was sent on 27th. Her mom believes neither were sent by her, but from her phone. She is not supposed to talk about either text. I really am curious as to what time on the 27th the stan text was sent....I suspect it was shortly after the murder. as far as I know, no one was seen in or near the van on the 28th and 29th. I think Brian left the night of the 29th after he arrived back at the van from hitchhiking back to Spread Creek. Reportedly, he purchased gas in Jackson WY around 11pm the 29th. By the 30th he was well on his way East and sent the Yosemite text at some time on the 30th. jmo

I do not care for the Laundrie parents, but I would not utter one word to anyone if my attorney instructed me to remain silent. I also do not care for Bertolino based on his public interaction with media/reporters, but I realize that he is doing his job to the best of his ability.

Emphasis on the last six words.

I find taking any emotional charge out of things helps clear some smoke and see things for what they are. GP's family certainly deserved better, but following an attorney's direction is just common sense. I suspect the legal minds here would agree.

MOO.

Here is a picture from one of her journals here. Posted on her instagram. Dated April 28th. I can definitely see them providing little windows into her inner, more private life; what she might be feeling, her hopes and dreams and also her fears/worries.

I, too, am curious to know where her personal journals are. My guess is that BL probably destroyed them or disposed of them. At least the most recent one that she might have had on the trip, for obvious reasons.

Login • Instagram

Maybe they do think he's guilty of something--even more reason to zip the lips, I would say. You think they should turn on their son and join your "team"? Wow...

At the very least they should have talked to the parents of the victim, who was Gabby, not BL, and they should have assisted in the effort to try to find her, and they should have kept lines of communication with the victim's parents OPEN, not closed like a steel trap, and they should have acted sympathetic to the victim's family, not above the law, which is how they acted. No one is asking them to turn on their son, just not help a fugitive stay hidden from the law. NO ONE is above the law.

Some states print DLs depending on age. They will print vertical licenses for drivers under the age of 21 and horizontal for 21 and above.

YES! They do. See page 10 of this document issued by FLHSMV: https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/newdl/retailguide_052019.pdf

Gabby’s license in the Moab screengrab also has the red box indicating the date she turned 21, so we know it was issued before 3/19/20.

Attachments

• 63E3CEC9-416B-48F2-8547-C629B3A3DC04.jpeg
    63E3CEC9-416B-48F2-8547-C629B3A3DC04.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 22
Especially since that victim lived with them for two years and went camping with them (De Soto in Feb/Mar) and was going to be welcomed to the family as a daughter, due to the impending marriage. That's what makes their behavior so hard to understand or forgive. JMO.

YES! They do. See page 10 of this document issued by FLHSMV: https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/newdl/retailguide_052019.pdf

Gabby’s license in the Moab screengrab also has the red box indicating the date she turned 21, so we know it was issued before 3/19/20.

They also have green lettering beneath the word "FLORIDA." That indicates it's a license not a learner, which would have orange lettering. Gabby's license has green lettering and is vertical = under 21 when issued, driver license.

Florida's NEW Driver License and ID Card

newdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members