Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBM
Question already answered by other folks!

Last edited:
KristinESQ:

I absolutely think her family would have rescued her. But (this isn’t my situation but I have observed it a few times in the lives of friends) sometimes people don’t feel worthy of rescue - it’s something along the lines of: “I got myself into this mess, people expect me to get myself out.” So just to anyone who feels afraid to reach out in life —> there is no better way to honor a friend or someone else who loves you than to ask for their help. You are worthy of it and the people who love you want the chance to help you!
Beautifully said.

When I think of people who are sensitive I think of two different types of people.
—People who are easily over stimulated by others and by their environment
—People who feel the things they experience very deeply.

You could describe someone as sensitive if they reject a certain experience….and yet another person who experiences that same thing but enjoys it deeply could also be described as sensitive. Maybe we are using the term sensitive here to describe different things that have multiple meanings and it results in differing views?

Can someone who knows more about PACER tell me if this means something? I refreshed the court listener page and it says last updated was today 10/12 but last known filing was 9/30. Does the “last updated” automatically change to today’s date? Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com

I don't use Court Listener, but I do log in to PACER directly. I am showing the exact docket entries as the link you provided, with the last filing being 9/30/21. I would *assume* Court Listener updates automatically each day even if there is no docket entry that day. PACER does not show an updated date on the face of the webpage, but docket entries are entered pretty quickly. MOO

Source: I use PACER for my job.
edited for typo

What do you mean "They can't remember?" And we don't know at all that anything was added to their bill, or her bill, that is, since she seemed to pay for everything. IMO

Maybe he was just having one of his tantrums over the stage of the moon or something.
Gabby forgot to open his granola bar for him that morning. Jmo

Can someone who knows more about PACER tell me if this means something? I refreshed the court listener page and it says last updated was today 10/12 but last known filing was 9/30. Does the “last updated” automatically change to today’s date? Docket for United States v. Laundrie, 0:21-cr-00113 - CourtListener.com
Court Listener updates every day early in the morning. I just checked PACER and the last document is still 9/30/21, so nothing new yet.

ETA: Court Listener does not contain every document from PACER. PACER is the official government archive of court documents and a fee of 10 cents is charged per page to view documents there. When a PACER user pays to access a document and that PACER user has RECAP installed (I do) that document will show up on Court Listener for others to see for free. But documents do not automatically show up on Court Listener just because they are on PACER.

Last edited:
But would the coroner rule homicide so quickly if this was the case? I'm thinking a weapon was involved.
JMO
I don't know, but if (under this speculative scenario) there were signs that BL had removed evidence (like a tent, sleeping bag, and other provisions) after discovering GP dead or disturbed the body or left a stone cross (I've never been clear if there was a second cross, found by searchers/investigators when they arrived at the scene), those could all be evidence that he'd committed involuntary manslaughter by locking her out of the van. If there was evidence she had been circling the van begging to be let back in and those appeals were ignored, that might be evidence of worse.

Quoted from last thread:
Cardinal47Well-Known Member
I've believed for a long time if anybody is helping Brian it's somebody living in his parent's basement and on the dark side of the internet! MOO
And thus relaunched the great basement discussion! Except @Cardinal47 never suggested the hypothetical basement was in Florida. It seems there was a misunderstanding that “parents” referred to the Laundries…

I think poster stated "HIS PARENTS" which would suggest BL's. JMOO.

I.wish we.knew what he was.so.upset about at the Merry Piglet?
They knew what they ordered! What was added to their bill to.cause him.to be upset!
Odd they conviently.can't remember! It was.to busy

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

This report states that the TikTok witness reports that BL was "arguing aggressively" but that the witness also "couldn't hear" what was being said. The manager originally couldn't remember the incident, the restaurant later confirmed BL and GP were there and the local police deferred calls to the FBI.

I think all told, we don't really know what happened. The idea has sort of taken off that BL had some sort of crazy public tantrum there, but I don't think we can say that - there is just not enough info. He could have, or he could have pulled an over the top "Karen" style let-me-speak-to-your-manager argument. I wouldn't take as 100% true what a person says on TikTok and in the media, but I am certain the FBI knows what really happened there and if it is pertinent to the case.

MOO

I don't know, but if (under this speculative scenario) there were signs that BL had removed evidence (like a tent, sleeping bag, and other provisions) after discovering GP dead or disturbed the body or left a stone cross (I've never been clear if there was a second cross, found by searchers/investigators when they arrived at the scene), those could all be evidence that he'd committed involuntary manslaughter by locking her out of the van. If there was evidence she had been circling the van begging to be let back in and those appeals were ignored, that might be evidence of worse.
This was her biggest fear, inho. Sigh. This is so terribly depressing. Jmo

From last thread:
@Which_pancake
I don't think the van door closing footage matters in an evidentiary sense. Even if the door is closing, we have no idea who is closing it. It could be Brian, Gabby, someone else, an animal, the wind, a loose hinge... We just have no idea.

I don't know what evidentiary value it will have (if the door is ever even determined to have closed at all).

I have long thought (from the evidence we have seen) that GP died on the 27th, after the Merry Piglets. MOO The reason why I joined the conversation on this video last night was strictly due to narrowing down a small window on the time of her death. While this is speculation, of course, I do think if it can ever established he was in that van alone, hiding as he heard a car approaching, we have more pieces to the time of death question.

If Gabby was dead prior to the time of the Bethune's video (6 p.m.), this would narrow the window time of death to between 2 pm give or take and 6 p.m. on 8/27/2021.

LE very likely will not be able to prove it was he and he alone in the van unless LE has some other evidence or unless they are able to elicit in a confession if they ever find him. MOO So in that respect, you're right. They likely won't use it in any proceeding, though it may be useful to their investigation. MOO.

(Note: if there is a way to quote a response from a closed thread can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!)

3600.jpg

A stone cross marks a spot in northwest Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Forest, where Gabby Petito’s body was found. Photograph: Bradly J Boner/AP
Gabby Petito autopsy results expected shortly from Teton county coroner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member