Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officer
Where did he hit you?

Gabby Petito
Well, he grabbed my face, like, I guess. He didn’t hit me in the face, he didn’t like punch me in the face or anything.

Officer
Did he slap you in the face or what?

Gabby Petito
He like grabbed me like with his nail and I guess that’s why it looks, I definitely have a cut right here because I can feel it and when I touch it it burns.

New body cam footage of Gabby Petito released

View attachment 317085
This is the part of the video that made me speculate he likely eventually strangled her.

I think it took place at night.

The positioning of the van was right where passing vehicles could see them (Red, White and Bethune being the perfect example)...

Unless, she was killed in the back of the van and it wasn't until nightfall that her body was taken to where it was found??

IF she was killed where she was found then I have to think it must've taken place at night. Surely it would be too risky to carry out a strangulation in broad daylight when there was the dirt road so close by?

MOO

Please can someone remind me of the approximate distance from where the van was to where GP's body was discovered?
1,000 feet or yards...I can't remember which distinction but it was 1,000

Not necessarily. They could swab them of course to prove it's her DNA/BLOOD. But taking rocks into evidence makes no sense. It would seriously affect the layout of the crime scene. JMO
Well, once the crime scene is released it reverts to becoming the property of the owner.
no need to preserve it further.

Manual strangulation, also known as throttling, is a type of asphyxial death where the perpetrator uses his hand to encircle and compress the front and side of the neck. It is a common method of homicide, most often encountered when the physical size and strength of the assailant exceeds that of the victim.

Homicide by a combination of three different asphyxial methods - ScienceDirect

No, he meant the case in general. But everyone is making a big deal of nothing IMO. How is it a slip up that he said that when we all know there was DV? It doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t impact anything that he said that. All he wasn’t allowed to say was stuff about the autopsy and her body condition itself. We all know there was DV, we all know that BL most likely killed her.
I'm a bit confused as to why a mention of DV is a slip up too. Coroner didn't say something speculative about a history of DV but that this was an act of one which, by definition, it is. Is it because LE hasn't been ruled a suspect yet? Because the coroner report always comes before that anyway...

How is strangulation not premeditated? Premeditation only has to be a few seconds. It takes minutes to strangle someone.
IMO, it's looking like if Brian Laundrie is caught and charged with the crime of Gabby's demise which would be Murder of First Degree due to strangulation taking minutes and premeditation can be even a few seconds, since Wyoming is a death penalty state, Brian will face the death penalty.

IMO, if this happens then good riddance, because Brian has shown ZERO empathy or remorse towards Gabby and her family by running away and staying silent.

Please can people read this because I keep seeing ‘crime of passion’ or ‘loss of control’ there is zero excuse.
link at the bottom.
Myth #14: Domestic abuse is a ‘crime of passion’, a momentary loss of control.

Reality: Domestic abuse is rarely about losing control, but taking control. Abusive men rarely act spontaneously when angry. They consciously choose when to abuse their partner: when they are alone, and when there are no witnesses (if there is a witness, then usually they are a child). He has control over whom he abuses. To find out more about the characteristics of domestic abuse, click here.
Myths - Womens Aid
Agreed! I thought it couldn't be strangulation because I was expecting a crime of passion. This changes the case so much.

The actual report says "manual strangulation/throttling." I wonder what that means exactly.

Manual strangulation, also known as throttling, is a type of asphyxial death where the perpetrator uses his hand to encircle and compress the front and side of the neck. It is a common method of homicide, most often encountered when the physical size and strength of the assailant exceeds that of the victim.

Homicide by a combination of three different asphyxial methods - ScienceDirect

I suspect Gabby may have tried to break up with him ?
Or at least confronted him about his behavior at the restaurant, or when they were alone -- and he understood it was over between them ?
She was done.
How I wish she'd contacted a family member and stayed put, in a public area.
With or without her van.
Not blaming her in the slightest.
Just wishing she could have escaped.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics