Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was skittish about driving the van. I can relate. That's a long way from home and it's not like driving a compact car. I hope that's always made clear if it comes to a trial. She seemingly didn't want to be on her own and perhaps that's why he wanted her off all to himself. Miles and miles away from anyone else. To make her more dependent on him. Of course, MOO.

BBM, and respectfully, the little Transit really is not very different than driving a compact car, which points even more to the second bolded sentence for me. It just seems that a controlling and manipulative partner would seed that doubt and keep encouraging the notion that she wasn't comfortable with it. MOO

"We believe this was strangling by a human being," Blue told CNN's Anderson Cooper.”
Coroner says Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation

from that link “It's not like TV where they say, oh, they died on this date, it's a very rough estimate," he said. "And I know that law enforcement is using other methods to try to determine a more exact date, but from an autopsy point of view, it's a very rough estimate."

IMO that’s utter hogwash, they can get much closer than a span of 7 days. I still believe they’re either waiting for forensic results to narrow down time of death or they’re sitting on the results (because they will help tie someone to the scene/murder).

SBM & BBM
I don't think people are giving this the appreciation it warrants. We see strangulation often times in husbands trying to delete his wife/ family to change his life. I don't see any evidence of that here (unless he just wanted to be alone.) To me, that makes it all the more disturbing.
It's possible that she was leaving him, but that Moab stop left him with a lot to work with as far as manipulation goes. JMO

Complete speculation and MOO, I don't really think he had a well thought out reason (in his mind) to kill her or even a real idea as it was happening that that is what he was doing. I think he probably just continued to strangle in a blind rage until it was over. But I don't think that matters legally. If he had fired a gun in a blind rage, he could claim that he regretted it instantly because he did not intend to kill, but I see no such option with strangulation. If there is any small silver lining in his choosing this horrific method, I think it is that there is no way he is going to get away with a lesser charge than premeditated murder.

BBM

The coroner’s report called Petito’s death by manual strangulation.

“You would have had a fracture of the hyoid bone or fractures and or fractures of the thyroid cartilage,” Dr. Cyril Wecht explained.

Wecht, who is a pathologist, says that is an important distinction for investigators. There would be a difference if, for example, it was determined to be ligature strangulation.

A look at the significance of Gabby Petito's cause of death

TW: Description of what happens when someone is strangled.

Again, I’m no longer in the field (just a reminder that I’m NOT a verified professional and this is my own opinion) but when people are strangled, there are common reflexes that someone does depending on the method of strangulation.

For example, if someone is strangled with a rope or belt, their instinct tells them to grab the item with their hands and tilt their head back because of the placement of the object. If someone is being manually strangled, most of the times they will tilt their head down to try to open their airway. When this happens, there will be different types of marks from the hands of the attacker because of the pressure being applied in a specific area that would not be present had an object been used.

Hypothetically, the way in which a hyoid bone is broken would also be able to determine method, force used and the angle at which someone was strangled.

MOO.

Brian Laundrie's neighbors RENT out yards to media crews at $3,500 a week

Published on : 01:37 PST, Oct 7, 2021

Brian Laundrie's neighbors are renting out their yards to media though cops have closed the street.

upload_2021-10-13_9-30-23.png

NORTH PORT, FLORIDA: Brian Laundrie's neighbors have reportedly been cashing in on the tragedy of Long island native Gabby Petito's homicide by charging media outlets $3,500 a week to camp in their yards. Among the media companies that have paid the neighbors are CBS News, Fox News and ABC News, TMZ reported. As the manhunt for Brian Laundrie continues, media remain camped outside his home in North Port, Florida.

8da30a9b-080d-4358-a209-4aa1a2cb2bf1.jpg

Protesters have been gathering outside the Laundrie residence.

Amid rumors about Laundrie's parents helping their son evade arrest, protesters have been staging loud demonstrations outside the Laundrie residence. There have been reports of scuffles breaking out between the homeowners and those demanding justice.

In an attempt to reduce the media presence, police have closed the street to all, except the residents. Renting a space for the neighbors, however, lets camera crews circumvent these police restrictions.

Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie recently said her family has been ignoring her after her brother disappeared and Gabby Petito died. Addressing protesters outside her Lakewood Ranch home on Monday, October 4, Cassie said she did not know if her parents helped Brian escape, and that she has not been able to speak with them. "I'm in the boat where I'm getting ignored by my family and thrown under the bus by my family's attorney,"

I watched a wflanow live stream at some point after BL had been declared missing, the first few days, I think. Walt buteau reported taking a call from a source who is a psychic. She said that BL would be found 28 days from that day, near water. I didn’t think too much about it, I thought/hoped thatBL would be found much sooner. At this point I think that date must be approaching. Now I recall that report and wonder.

MOO

Brian Laundrie's lawyer calls Gabby Petito's death a 'tragedy' after coroner says she was strangled

Poduce your client bud! It’s more than a tragedy, a tragedy implies something distant from us that appears inevitable or the uncontrollable like a hurricane or a tornado or a tsunami but this - this was premeditated cold blooded murder - there are no excuses there are no understandable reasons -MOO-he murder her with his bare hands - and it took time and he watch the life drain out of her body. Come on!!

SBM & BBM
I don't think people are giving this the appreciation it warrants. We see strangulation often times in husbands trying to delete his wife/ family to change his life. I don't see any evidence of that here (unless he just wanted to be alone.) To me, that makes it all the more disturbing.
It's possible that she was leaving him, but that Moab stop left him with a lot to work with as far as manipulation goes. JMO
My take on this entire thing has been more like what you've just posted.
I believe when Brian assaulted Gabby in Moab, and it was so public with police involvement, she decided it was time to end things. I believe Gabby sent Brian home while she decided what to do next. That's why he was gone for a week and was moving her things out of the storage locker. Somehow Brian managed to get back into her good graces, but I think by this time he was seething with anger.
He flew back, promised to keep himself in check and treat her better. Then the fight at the Merry Piglet made her realize he wasn't going to change, she told him it was over and he drove to a private location and killed her.
The most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is when the abused person attempts to leave.

I was wondering if anyone believes that GP and BL actually camped at the spot she was found or was it a dumping site? I do not believe that she camped there at that location. First reason, she appeared to camp close to the van at other campsites per her posted video. Second, very rocky terrain to go back and forth if you needed to go back to the van. Also, it was posted that she sent a snapchat about heading to Yellowstone on the 27th. In addition, the van was left in a very isolated location, almost hidden by trees. I wonder if she would have even been located if not for the Youtuber's Go Pro video. I wonder if they got into an argument inside the van on their way to Yellowstone. Perhaps, he pulled over because he didn't want to experience what he had in Moab. Could he have strangled her right in the passenger seat somewhere between Jackson and Spread Creek Rd turnoff?

On Dr Phil, the step father mentioned a firepit and a clearing area where a tent would have been. It's possible that the firepit was there long before she was placed there.

Also, she was wearing a sweatshirt. Would a sweatshirt be worn in the afternoon hours in Jackson during an August afternoon.

Would love to hear the thoughts of others.
thank you for reading

Given that I have always held that her demise was on the 27th, I also think the altercation was in the van. Perhaps LE has some evidence of such after confiscating the van. But we won't know this for some time.

Was this location of the van as seen in the Bethune video a common scenario of their other campsites? So close to the road? On the long Bethune video travelling that road, there were plenty of other vehicles camping along that route.... It wasn't really that isolated.
Tis why I think it was BL pulling the van there after the fight and attack.
moo

Manual strangulation (throttling) is usually done with the hands, but notable variants include using the forearms (as when police officers use the carotid restraint) to standing or kneeling on the victim’s throat.

The general clinical sequence of a victim who is being strangled is one of severe pain, followed by unconsciousness, followed by brain death. The victim will lose conscious-ness by any one or all of the following: blocking of the carotid arteries (depriving the brain of oxygen), blocking of the jugular veins (preventing deoxygenated blood from exiting the brain), and closing off the airway, causing the victim to be unable to breathe.

Only eleven pounds of pressure placed on both carotid arteries for ten seconds is necessary to cause unconsciousness.4 How-ever, if pressure is released immediately, consciousness will be regained within ten seconds. To completely close off the trachea, three times as much pressure (33 lbs.) is required. Brain death will occur in 4 to 5 minutes, if strangulation persists.
http://www.ncdsv.org/images/strangulation_article.pdf

https://evawintl.org/wp-content/uploads/California-Strangulation-Manual_web3.pdf

I watched a wflanow live stream at some point after BL had been declared missing, the first few days, I think. Walt buteau reported taking a call from a source who is a psychic. She said that BL would be found 28 days from that day, near water. I didn’t think too much about it, I thought/hoped thatBL would be found much sooner. At this point I think that date must be approaching. Now I recall that report and wonder.

MOO
Always amazed at how specific they are - "near water," is so much more helpful than GPS coordinates!

Given that I have always held that her demise was on the 27th, I also think the altercation was in the van. Perhaps LE has some evidence of such after confiscating the van. But we won't know this for some time.

Was this location of the van as seen in the Bethune video a common scenario of their other campsites? So close to the road? On the long Bethune video travelling that road, there were plenty of other vehicles camping along that route.... It wasn't really that isolated.
Tis why I think it was BL pulling the van there after the fight and attack.
moo
Strangled her side to side front seat? Or from behind?

I was wondering if anyone believes that GP and BL actually camped at the spot she was found or was it a dumping site? I do not believe that she camped there at that location. First reason, she appeared to camp close to the van at other campsites per her posted video. Second, very rocky terrain to go back and forth if you needed to go back to the van. Also, it was posted that she sent a snapchat about heading to Yellowstone on the 27th. In addition, the van was left in a very isolated location, almost hidden by trees. I wonder if she would have even been located if not for the Youtuber's Go Pro video. I wonder if they got into an argument inside the van on their way to Yellowstone. Perhaps, he pulled over because he didn't want to experience what he had in Moab. Could he have strangled her right in the passenger seat somewhere between Jackson and Spread Creek Rd turnoff?

On Dr Phil, the step father mentioned a firepit and a clearing area where a tent would have been. It's possible that the firepit was there long before she was placed there.

Also, she was wearing a sweatshirt. Would a sweatshirt be worn in the afternoon hours in Jackson during an August afternoon.

Would love to hear the thoughts of others.
thank you for reading
I do think they camped there. First of all, iirc, Spread Creek was on GP's Dyrt list, wasn't it? They were spotted at Jenny Lake on the 25th, which is near Spread Creek. JS (red-heeler lady) saw BL alone in the van on Aug. 26th, parking basically where the Bethune's captured the van on video. The van was spotted again, same spot, on the 27th and 28th, at least. We know at some point they went to Jackson on the 27th, but then returned. It wasn't a campsite where the van parked, and I think sites were difficult to come by (the Bethune's said the campground was full), which might explain why they camped across the creek. It was a beautiful location for taking photos for her blog, and a nice spot to camp a few nights. So I ask myself, why would they keep returning to that location? What are the chances her body ended up next to a fire pit? Because they were camping there, imo.

Manual strangulation (throttling) is usually done with the hands, but notable variants include using the forearms (as when police officers use the carotid restraint) to standing or kneeling on the victim’s throat.

The general clinical sequence of a victim who is being strangled is one of severe pain, followed by unconsciousness, followed by brain death. The victim will lose conscious-ness by any one or all of the following: blocking of the carotid arteries (depriving the brain of oxygen), blocking of the jugular veins (preventing deoxygenated blood from exiting the brain), and closing off the airway, causing the victim to be unable to breathe.

Only eleven pounds of pressure placed on both carotid arteries for ten seconds is necessary to cause unconsciousness.4 How-ever, if pressure is released immediately, consciousness will be regained within ten seconds. To completely close off the trachea, three times as much pressure (33 lbs.) is required. Brain death will occur in 4 to 5 minutes, if strangulation persists.

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/strangulation_article.pdf

https://evawintl.org/wp-content/uploads/California-Strangulation-Manual_web3.pdf
I read the top link article this morning as well, I’ve been trying to see how hard it is to break or fracture the hyoid bone and from what I can see it takes a lot, the coroner said ‘further investigation was needed to establish COD’ (not exact quote, just from what I remember) IMOO it was broken/fractured. My heart is just broken for her.

My take on this entire thing has been more like what you've just posted.
I believe when Brian assaulted Gabby in Moab, and it was so public with police involvement, she decided it was time to end things. I believe Gabby sent Brian home while she decided what to do next. That's why he was gone for a week and was moving her things out of the storage locker. Somehow Brian managed to get back into her good graces, but I think by this time he was seething with anger.
He flew back, promised to keep himself in check and treat her better. Then the fight at the Merry Piglet made her realize he wasn't going to change, she told him it was over and he drove to a private location and killed her.
The most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is when the abused person attempts to leave.
That could be. They both knew she protected him at that Moab stop so that would've hindered some of the spin he tried to put on it. But her leaving him so shortly after she went to such lengths to protect him would be a ton of progress in her mindset in a very short period of time. I wonder if she spoke to a DV advocate while he was in FL. I can't imagine he would've gone if there was any indication she was on the fence about the relationship.

Brian Laundrie’s sister, family threatened, police records show | WFLA

8 On Your Side has been digging into police records to see the impact of the frenzy surrounding this case on the investigation.

While authorities have not released evidence linking Brian to Gabby’s death, as the manhunt continues, many are angry at Brian and his parents.

New records show the fury of this case extends 40 miles away to the home of Brian’s sister, Cassie Laundrie.

Cassie Laundrie and her husband outside their home
View attachment 317187

Records obtained by 8 On Your Side show, Manatee County Sheriff’s deputies have dropped by the home numerous times in a span of two weeks.

The first call for help came two days after Brian was reported missing.

According to the calls for service log, on Sept. 19, Cassie’s husband James reported he was getting “messages from random people.”

The messages included threats about “killing his family and kidnapping his kids.”

Following the threats, deputies periodically checked in on the family. On Oct. 1, there was a call about “suspicious circumstances.”

Officials investigating and dismissing a possible Brian Laundrie sighting. Then, there’s the disturbance from the protestors.

“We’re not supposed to talk with anybody and you’re making my children cry,” said Cassie Laundrie.

Cassie Laundrie even took questions from a small group of protesters outside her home and clarified some of the timelines around her brother’s disappearance and the death of Gabby Petito.

Former FBI agent Dr. Bryanna Fox says each time there’s a false sighting, a trespasser or a threat, precious resources are pulled away from solving this case.

“Anytime that there’s a death threat made against somebody, law enforcement takes it extremely seriously,” said Dr. Fox.

“It is illegal, it is irresponsible, it is extremely harmful and on top of it, it’s going to just make finding the person whose responsible for Gabby Petito’s murder that much more difficult.”
Fighting violence with violence? Easily triggered? Can't control their emotions? Hmmm....some people are sentenced to jail for these same behaviors, yet others think its okay to behave this way "for a cause"? Everybody has a cause....

The sister of BL saying she is being ignored by her family and being thrown under the bus by the attorney is interesting. It kinda points in the way of her being left out of what is truly going on/where BL went and how far his parents have assisted him.

Very curious indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members