Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1448409818201481226?s=21

Judge Patrick Murphy said #BarryMorphew is allowed to stay in Maysville at the Cushman home which is very close to where Suzanne and the Morphew family used to live. The judge said he legally can't make him move.
I don't believe there is not a more high tech device that could track him via satellite signal. Of course this would would probably cost Chaffee County a lot more money. IMO, my frustrated rambling.

If there is not a device that can more accurately monitor via satellite signal, who is with me in starting that company and selling to LE... At a great profit. Potentially we could become millionaires.

JMO

Let me understand.

He has to go to Poncha Springs once a day. Otherwise he us free to move about Maysville undetected?

What could possibly go wrong?

JMO
I’m thinking in a 24 hour time span he could ride to Poncha Springs, then fly to Mexico to find a place to move to and then fly back for his next check in. After a couple of trips, he is gone forever.

Seriously though, BM isn’t giving up his $500k bond. He will show up in court because his defense seems to have a walk in the park right now. Easy peasy.
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1448411961193025545?s=21
We're talking about discovery now. The defense says there are over one million files for discovery and there are months and months for them to go to get through everything. @KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1448413402557263874?s=21
Now onto the motion to return #BarryMorphew truck and driver's license. @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1448413618417119235?s=21
The prosecution has no problem with that. They need identification that #BarryMorphew is the rightful owner of the truck and they will get the license back to him as well. @KKTV11News
oh my gosh! Let’s let the man go free! No justice for Suzanne. Incredible!

We know BM has friends who have friends there in CO, shady business dealings, a girlfriend running interference for him, mother, sisters, daughters and a great defense team.
It is months until the trial. Unless BM admits to killing Suzanne, it looks like he might walk and that the prosecution and judge are ok with that because, after all, BM is such a great guy.
Yuk.

It's my understanding that the original order allows Barry to travel freely throughout Chaffee County, and to Denver if needed to see his lawyers (I would assume he has to notify the monitoring company who has a copy of the order...right?)

So those were the initial terms and apparently that's the community standard for Chaffee County, when a man is bound over for first degree murder (and the judge implies that he thinks it's 2nd degree).

At least he's still bound on murder charges.

Time to get back to work, Barry.

Is the defense starting to whine about needing extra time for trial? So...Barry can go live his best life for a couple years, maybe more? He gets his truck back, his license is good. He just has to stay off certain people's property. And drive into town through Poncha Springs every day. (which he was probably. doing anyway).

I hope we are not losing sight that BM is not the sole individual located in Chaffee County Colorado wearing an ankle monitor at this very moment. I'm quite certain that there are also individuals on this date who are on house arrest and/or on curfew-wearing monitors at this very moment.

We knew from the preliminary hearing that GPS tracking was not available but somewhere in between the preliminary and BM's release Judge Murphy received information that GPS tracking was available and orders changed ordering BM when/where to have his bracelet serviced.

In the end, it seems to me that GPS tracking remains something not possible in the Maysville neighborhood. Like it or not, BM is in compliance as long as he remains in Chaffee County -- which includes Maysville.

Judge Murphy has added that BM must travel at least as far as Poncha Springs daily where his bracelet's signal can be detected.

It's my understanding that the original order allows Barry to travel freely throughout Chaffee County, and to Denver if needed to see his lawyers (I would assume he has to notify the monitoring company who has a copy of the order...right?)

So those were the initial terms and apparently that's the community standard for Chaffee County, when a man is bound over for first degree murder (and the judge implies that he thinks it's 2nd degree).

At least he's still bound on murder charges.

Time to get back to work, Barry.

Is the defense starting to whine about needing extra time for trial? So...Barry can go live his best life for a couple years, maybe more? He gets his truck back, his license is good. He just has to stay off certain people's property. And drive into town through Poncha Springs every day. (which he was probably. doing anyway).
Now that's just the thing isn't it? Barry can go live his best life for a couple of years. All the while, Suzanne is forgotten.

Not really. The judge has to act within the confines of the law. If he can't make him move, then he can't make him move. I'm not concerned with him going anywhere.
Are you saying the judge cannot move him back into a cell after he asked his gf to retrieve a package for him likely at the very home where SM was murdered?
Yes I know, that was never even brought up or proven. But the judge isn't stupid. He knows what is going on. I suppose the judge has long waited for the prosecution to bring some strong evidence forward and they have failed. It is not the judge's fault if the defense plays a smarter hand than the DA does.

Are you saying the judge cannot move him back into a cell after he asked his gf to retrieve a package for him likely at the very home where SM was murdered?
Yes I know, that was never even brought up or proven. But the judge isn't stupid. He knows what is going on. I suppose the judge has long waited for the prosecution to bring some strong evidence forward and they have failed. It is not the judge's fault if the defense plays a smarter hand than the DA does.
Even if the prosecution was able to prove his involvement in that incident, I can't imagine that would be enough to revoke his bond. He'd have to do something much more serious.

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1448416832411607042?s=21
Judge sets a motions hearing for January 24th and 25th and will leave February 8th open for a hearing if they do not finish on those two allotted days. #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News

These dates for the motions hearing are about to change. Dru Nielsen, who is not in person today, says she is not available on those dates, so standby for new ones. @KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

I hope we are not losing sight that BM is not the sole individual located in Chaffee County Colorado wearing an ankle monitor at this very moment. I'm quite certain that there are also individuals on this date who are on house arrest and/or on curfew-wearing monitors at this very moment.

We knew from the preliminary hearing that GPS tracking was not available but somewhere in between the preliminary and BM's release Judge Murphy received information that GPS tracking was available and orders changed ordering BM when/where to have his bracelet serviced.

In the end, it seems to me that GPS tracking remains something not possible in the Maysville neighborhood. Like it or not, BM is in compliance as long as he remains in Chaffee County -- which includes Maysville.

Judge Murphy has added that BM must travel at least as far as Poncha Springs daily where his bracelet's signal can be detected.
You are correct. Barry Morphew is being treated as if he was charged with speeding and waiting for his hearing in municipal court.

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

#BarryMorphew and his attorney Iris Eytan are inside the Chaffee County Courthouse now.

2:34 PM · Oct 13, 2021

Judge Patrick Murphy said both the prosecution and #BarryMorphew defense must have all motions in by February 8, 2022.

3:35 PM · Oct 13, 2021

#BarryMorphews defense asked Mrs. Ritter today if they were afraid of him and she said no. The Ritters are on the no-contact list and live near where Morphew was staying where no GPS was being detected on his ankle-monitor in Maysville.

2:52 PM · Oct 13, 2021

The defense is arguing about the GPS monitoring on his ankle monitoring. #BarryMorphew is wanting to stay in Maysville and is getting a cell booster. He says he feels unsafe in Salida because people know him too much now.

3:00 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

The prosecution wants #BarryMorphew to live in #ShoshonaDarke home in Salida where Morphew is allegedly paying rent.

3:03 PM · Oct 13, 2021

Judge Patrick Murphy said #BarryMorphew is allowed to stay in Maysville at the Cushman home which is very close to where Suzanne and the Morphew family used to live. The judge said he legally can't make him move.

3:06 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

#BarryMorphew does have a protection order on the old house which is next to where he wants to live. Morphew must travel to Poncha Springs for the GPS to recognize his location everyday and the judge said if he doesn't do this then he will have to move.

3:10 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV

This will make sure the data on the ankle-monitor will download. Sounds like it still won't monitor while #BarryMorphew is in Maysville due to poor cell reception.

3:13 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

District Attorney Linda Stanley is not present in the courtroom but Deputy District Attorney Jeff Lindsay is plus Attorney Dan Edwards and they did not object to #BarryMorphew staying put at the home in Maysville.

3:21 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

The witness list will have to be provided to the court no later than November 9, 2021 for the upcoming trial of #BarryMorphew scheduled for May of 2022.

3:45 PM · Oct 13, 2021

#BarryMorphew defense will provide their list of witnesses by March 4, 2022.

3:50 PM · Oct 13, 2021

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members